Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    Memphis beats The Spurs consistently and is a pretty good team. I can see his point . you pay for seats $1000-75. you expect to see Duncan or any Spur IF THEY ARE HEALTHY. Can you go to work and punch in to get paid and sit down at the lunch room and chill ? Thats what happened.
    Here is the thing though.....What he said shows that a reasonable fan that researched and knew the schedule could have known that this may happen, especially knowing Pops past where he has done this before. It's then called ignorance.

If I bought a ticket to see the Heat the other night to see Wade and Bosh and they did not play at the end of the game, could I sue? If I bought Lakers season tickets because I wanted to see Pau, D12, Nash, and Kobe together at the same time, could I sue now because they have been on the court together for like 10 games?

If this happens, what will stop people from suing MLB teams for sitting players during a day game after a night game the day before? This will just open things up and it will not be pretty. We have a right as fans to go see TWO TEAMS play, not specific players as nowhere on the ticket does it say all star players are guaranteed to play. To try to sue because somebody did what was best for their organization is just a joke. Like I said earlier, if I ever saw this lawyer I would probably just punch him in the face for opening this up.

vCash
    Welcome to America, where you can sue whoever you want whenever you want, and you dont even need a good reason.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    Here is the thing though.....What he said shows that a reasonable fan that researched and knew the schedule could have known that this may happen, especially knowing Pops past where he has done this before. It's then called ignorance.

If I bought a ticket to see the Heat the other night to see Wade and Bosh and they did not play at the end of the game, could I sue? If I bought Lakers season tickets because I wanted to see Pau, D12, Nash, and Kobe together at the same time, could I sue now because they have been on the court together for like 10 games?

If this happens, what will stop people from suing MLB teams for sitting players during a day game after a night game the day before? This will just open things up and it will not be pretty. We have a right as fans to go see TWO TEAMS play, not specific players as nowhere on the ticket does it say all star players are guaranteed to play. To try to sue because somebody did what was best for their organization is just a joke. Like I said earlier, if I ever saw this lawyer I would probably just punch him in the face for opening this up.
    This. I don't even know how people are arguing against it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglorious View Post
    It's not about all that, it's about the ticket prices for a marquee game. I'm pretty sure every team does this (not 100%, although I'm pretty damn sure) ...but I know for a Raptors game they change the ticket prices depending on who's playing and what day it is. That Spurs-Heat game was a Thursday night TNT game, so...

Raptors, for example:

Side Prime for a Bulls game on Wednesday is $162.00
    Side Prime for a Lakers game on Sunday is $418.00

I wouldn't pay anything extra to watch the Lakers (who aren't even good this year) if Kobe, Nash and Dwight weren't playing. Those are their Big Three, just like Duncan, Parker and Manu are the Spurs' Big Three. People were expecting to see them.
    He may would have a point, but he bought the Ticket from a secondary source, a reseller. So the Price he payed for the ticket wasn't set by the NBA or it's teams.
    The only thing he can hope for is a refund or getting back the difference, but again since he bought it through a reseller that chances should be slim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    Memphis beats The Spurs consistently and is a pretty good team. I can see his point . you pay for seats $1000-75. you expect to see Duncan or any Spur IF THEY ARE HEALTHY. Can you go to work and punch in to get paid and sit down at the lunch room and chill ? Thats what happened.
    Not for nothing but since the Grizz eliminated in the 1st round, the Spurs are 5-1 against them, so I wouldn't say consistently.

And 2nd, if your boss knows you have been working a ton of hours (since you want to use the work analogy) and knows you have a big day coming up, they have every right to send you home for the day to ensure you are well rested and ready for the next day.

I keep saying it, but no one seems to complain at the end of the year when teams do this. Are fans going to start suing teams towards the end when teams rest their guys for the playoffs? Or is that *an exception*

vCash
    At minimum, they should be entitled to the price of their tickets back, along with gas and parking. If they bought any hotdogs, they should not be reimbursed on that, though.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderousDemon View Post
    you sir are one of the funniest people I've ever seen online. Keep it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Not for nothing but since the Grizz eliminated in the 1st round, the Spurs are 5-1 against them, so I wouldn't say consistently.

And 2nd, if your boss knows you have been working a ton of hours (since you want to use the work analogy) and knows you have a big day coming up, they have every right to send you home for the day to ensure you are well rested and ready for the next day.

I keep saying it, but no one seems to complain at the end of the year when teams do this. Are fans going to start suing teams towards the end when teams rest their guys for the playoffs? Or is that *an exception*
    Absolutely right. If Stern does not fine every team that tanks the end of the season or rests players to get ready for the playoffs, he will show the true hypocrite he is. I know it will happen too and he will make up some BS excuse when asked about it. Golden State purposely tanked last season to keep their draft pick. Why weren't they fined?

This is part of the reason I hate Stern so much. He has different rules for different people at different times.

vCash
    Good grief...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Spurs would have won if not for the missed travel call.
    I'm gonna sue the NBA for that missed call.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I'm not sure if this guy has a case? Is he going to sue the NBA for allowing this to happen or the Spurs for doing it? The Spurs have already been fined for this so what can he possibly get out of this lawsuit besides a refund of the ticket price. If he belives it was fraud then maybe he can recoup his ticket money. No more though...

If anything, the one punishment the NBA could be hurt by is losing him as a fan?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345