Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rizzo is a complete enigma to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Is it just me, or have all of our competitors gotten better somehow this offseason? Even the Red Sux have. What are we doing?
    We signed 3 of the top free agents on the market
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    sandwich pick! mmmmmm.......sandwich
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Rizzo is a complete enigma to me.

We signed 3 of the top free agents on the market
    More like, we lost Swisher, Soriano and Martin, but managed to keep, not obtain...KEEP, Pettitte, Kuroda and Mo.

I'm talking getting better, making additions. Yes, if we had lost those 3 then we'd be a lot worse off. But right now our only addition is Youkilis. Is that really going to help us get past the 2nd round of the playoffs? The same roster didn't get it done last year...

vCash
    And top as in like top 15? Because they weren't the top free agents. Maybe Kuroda was...but Pettitte and Mo weren't gonna sign anywhere else but NY, so I was only worried about Kuroda.

vCash
    I think Cash may have been waiting to see if we locked up this pick. Now u may see some trade rumblings.

Nice thing about this pick is that Wash pick disappears, so our two sandwich picks move up a slot.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Is it just me, or have all of our competitors gotten better somehow this offseason? Even the Red Sux have. What are we doing?
    I'm not sure anyone in our division is better with the exception of Toronto. The Rays lost Shields, the Orioles lost Reynolds. The Red Sox have made some questionable moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I think Cash may have been waiting to see if we locked up this pick. Now u may see some trade rumblings.

Nice thing about this pick is that Wash pick disappears, so our two sandwich picks move up a slot.
    Waiting to see if we got this pick, so what? He could use it in a trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I'm not sure anyone in our division is better with the exception of Toronto. The Rays lost Shields, the Orioles lost Reynolds. The Red Sox have made some questionable moves.
    Rays are stacked with pitching and the Os have young guys, see machado, who can fill the whole that Reynolds keeps striking out off.

Red sox made questionable moves but there's no doubt they got better than they were last year. You can't even deny that I have a point. What have we added that we didn't have last year? Youk? lol

vCash
    Waiting to see if we got this pick, so what? He could use it in a trade?
    No, but maybe he will trade another piece knowing it will be replaced in the draft.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Only problem is, I hear this draft talent pool is very weak.

vCash
    Rays are stacked with pitching and the Os have young guys, see machado, who can fill the whole that Reynolds keeps striking out off.

Red sox made questionable moves but there's no doubt they got better than they were last year. You can't even deny that I have a point. What have we added that we didn't have last year? Youk? lol
    I didn't say we were better than last year. We're probably not. We lost Swisher and Martin and we got Brett Gardner back.

Boston has added Stephen Drew, Ryan Dempster, Jonny Gomes, Shane Victorino, Joel Hanrahan, and David Ross. They've lost Cody Ross and Dice-K. The additions are better than the subtractions but none of the first four guys on that list is anything special and the last two are replacing guys who were probably no better than they are. I would group Napoli with the "nothing special" guys if they acquire him.

Baltimore has lost Reynolds, Thome, Randy Wolf, Robert Andino, and Joe Saunders and added Trayvon Robinson. They re-signed Nate McLouth. Arguably, they've gotten worse.

Tampa has added some unknowns from Kansas City, Yunel Escobar and James Loney, but they've lost a slew of guys: Jeff Keppinger, BJ Upton, JP Howell, Kyle Farnsworth, Carlos Pena, Luke Scott, Joel Peralta, and James Shields. They're definitely worse than last year.

vCash

Reynolds was absolutely horrible last year until the final four weeks of the season when he became absolutely white hot.

The Sox moves are less obvious to me. They lost Beckett, Scutaro and Gonzalez but picked up an aging and decaying Victorino and a meh Gomes. I do not think that is enough to give us worry.

I would be worried about Toronto but, as slick pointed out earlier, they have the potential to be a nasty competitor or a paper tiger.

I agree Cash needs to get something done offensively but so far we still look good to at least make the playoffs.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Only problem is, I hear this draft talent pool is very weak.
    Can we trade picks ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Can we trade picks ?
    No.

vCash
    No oak, you can not trade picks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast