Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    How many World Series do the Rays have???
    Exactly. For such developmental business geniuses, they have zero rings and get 12k fans per game.

Failure.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    The roster last year managed to get to the ALCS, Jeter got hurt before we lost Game 1. Now I ask...So who would you have signed this year.

Top Free Agents (not according to Hal) based on dollars. I used Top 3 Position players and Pitchers

Upton 5/75
    Swisher 4/56
    Hamilton 5/125

Sanchez 5/80
    Greinke 6/146
    Jackson 4/52

Did you really want any of these players? I personally didn't All of them had bust written all over. Instead Hal Let Swisher and Soriano go saving 84 million (and likely 100 million over the next 3-5 years). Frankly that money can be better spent. At the same time Hal committed to a combined 6 years 62 million for Kuroda, Pettite, Mariano, Suzuki (2 seasons ) and Youkliss. I am happy to commit 6 years worth of contract to those players versus 6 years for Zach Greinke at 80 million more.

Yankees are doing the right thing. There is no reason to make a splash in a weak market which is 2013. Let me also add that 2014 will likely be a weak market as well. The Yankees should continue to pair down, build through strategic trades and rebuild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    The roster last year managed to get to the ALCS, Jeter got hurt before we lost Game 1. Now I ask...So who would you have signed this year.

Top Free Agents (not according to Hal) based on dollars. I used Top 3 Position players and Pitchers

Upton 5/75
    Swisher 4/56
    Hamilton 5/125

Sanchez 5/80
    Greinke 6/146
    Jackson 4/52

Did you really want any of these players? I personally didn't All of them had bust written all over. Instead Hal Let Swisher and Soriano go saving 84 million (and likely 100 million over the next 3-5 years). Frankly that money can be better spent. At the same time Hal committed to a combined 6 years 62 million for Kuroda, Pettite, Mariano, Suzuki (2 seasons ) and Youkliss. I am happy to commit 6 years worth of contract to those players versus 6 years for Zach Greinke at 80 million more.

Yankees are doing the right thing. There is no reason to make a splash in a weak market which is 2013. Let me also add that 2014 will likely be a weak market as well. The Yankees should continue to pair down, build through strategic trades and rebuild.
    You are one of the few to see the light.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash

Upton 5/75
    Swisher 4/56
    Hamilton 5/125

Sanchez 5/80
    Greinke 6/146
    Jackson 4/52

Well said!!!!! I'm sure in a few you'll have them enemy to defend against watch out

vCash

Upton 5/75
    Swisher 4/56
    Hamilton 5/125

Sanchez 5/80
    Greinke 6/146
    Jackson 4/52

I'm going to have to express a rare disagreement with you on this one Bob. Next year the front office is really going to have to get creative to stay under the cap. This year the one year contracts were able to make up for most of the lost production from expiring contracts. Next year they will have to restrict spending beyond that though. One year contracts are also more expensive, so they're really going to have to find some bargains. Unless Cashman pulls off some seriously impressive trades in the coming season, things are going to get sticky in 2014. It's not like a one or two "strategic trades" are gonna do the trick. There's gonna have to be a real blockbuster to get them where they need to be.

It seems like every free agent on the market in the past 2 years is an expected bust. Yes, there have been some pretty ludicrous contracts given out. The Pujols contract and the Fielder contract seem like they'll be a bit much. There have been some solid players go for reasonable deals, however. In short, the Yankees are going to have to hit the free agent market for premium players at some point, and they shouldn't be waiting for Alex Rodriguez's contract to expire to do it (or Teixera for that matter).

I'm not quite ready to drink the Cashman coolaid yet. I've liked some of the moves he's made, but disliked others (strongly in some cases - Javy Vazquez - please don't come back to NY!!). I am happy that he keeps this team competing year in and year out. We will be a playoff team in 2013. I am legitimately worried about 2014 though because the front office has finally cut the budget. There's a lot of work to do between now and 2014 to make the team even close to what they were in 2012. I'm not nearly as confident that Cashman can do this if he's ballin' on a budget. There has always been money to fall back on for the Yankees. That's a luxury this current administration no longer has, so everything is going to have to go right in the next few years (if this budget thing is real).

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Only problem is, I hear this draft talent pool is very weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I don't put much into that. Last year's NBA draft was supposed to be the deepest since '03 and so far no one from that class is close to reaching their potential. Another example is the '11 NFL draft. It was supposed to be weak on talent, but so far there have been some elite talents from that draft.
    Especially before the high school or college season even starts. So many players emerge over the course of a season. There's going to be plenty of talent by the end of the year. They say this almost every year and I'm not sure why. There's always talent it's just a matter of finding it and giving the kids a chance to get bigger, stronger, and better over one full year. At high school age one year can be huge. Even in college.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Plus the Rays sucked thats why they stock piled all those picks NY would never stand for that

Stockpiled draft picks?

They lost free agents and got the compensation picks from that particular team.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Stockpiled draft picks?

They lost free agents and got the compensation picks from that particular team.
    and they sucked moose balls!!!! that helped too

vCash

Upton 5/75
    Swisher 4/56
    Hamilton 5/125

Sanchez 5/80
    Greinke 6/146
    Jackson 4/52

i miss swisher
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    and they sucked moose balls!!!! that helped too
    They got those picks after a playoff season.....
    Nick

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345