Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wonder if the Dodgers made the signing how much more venom/backlash there would be...

Boras is a living legend. Soriano and to an extent, the Nats, are probably very happy right now. Reliever prices are exploding as teams start to realize starters don't give innings like they used to and that 7-9 area needs to be covered well.

vCash
    Toronto has Gose in CF, and Melky/Bautista at the corners.

I was thinking the same thing as VRP. I've been expecting Cleveland to sign Lohse. They could get higher value than a 3rd round pick for him for sure at the deadline. They're in the right division for him too. I don't trust him in a hitters division like the AL East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I wonder if the Dodgers made the signing how much more venom/backlash there would be...

Boras is a living legend. Soriano and to an extent, the Nats, are probably very happy right now. Reliever prices are exploding as teams start to realize starters don't give innings like they used to and that 7-9 area needs to be covered well.
    Yup, people mocked the League signing a lot and now look at this. Soriano not only cost a lot more per, but they lose a first rounder and pool money. I mean, it obviously makes the Nationals better but just another example of posters having bias towards certain teams.

vCash
    Do we get the Nationals draft pick now?

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash

Lol, I tweeted that like 15 minutes ago.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    Do we get the Nationals draft pick now?
    No, Yankees get a sandwich round pick. I think I saw where it will be the 32nd pick. Under the new system, the Nats lose their 1st round pick but no one gets it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by doyerfan59 View Post
    Yup, people mocked the League signing a lot and now look at this. Soriano not only cost a lot more per, but they lose a first rounder and pool money. I mean, it obviously makes the Nationals better but just another example of posters having bias towards certain teams.
    Jesse Sanchez ‏@JesseSanchezMLB

Source: @Dodgers were also in the mix for Rafael Soriano.
    Retweeted by MLB

vCash
    I don't understand why most Dodgers fans seem to try to get people to hate that team. Other than Greinke (which I think was a great acquisition, despite the contract), I don't really like any of their additions since the Kaston ownership group has taken over but I don't hate their team or anything.

I think to get the sort of animosity that you guys seem to want, the Dodgers will first have to win a couple times. That's how the Yankees do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysix View Post
    ?

Yeah they were interested

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I don't understand why most Dodgers fans seem to try to get people to hate that team. Other than Greinke (which I think was a great acquisition, despite the contract), I don't really like any of their additions since the Kaston ownership group has taken over but I don't hate their team or anything.

I think to get the sort of animosity that you guys seem to want, the Dodgers will first have to win a couple times. That's how the Yankees do it
    Gato's not even a Dodgers fan

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Gato's not even a Dodgers fan
    That just seems to make his comment even more peculiar, in my opinion.

vCash
    And the Yankees get a pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    No, Yankees get a sandwich round pick. I think I saw where it will be the 32nd pick. Under the new system, the Nats lose their 1st round pick but no one gets it.
    Not bad considering they were picking 29th anyway.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    And the Yankees get a pick
    I love picks!!

vCash
    Damn Boras is good at his job. I have no idea how he managed to get anyone to offer more than 10 MIL. I don't like this move by the Nationals. Just spent 14 MIL for a second closer. Tough break Drew Storen.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast