Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rafael Soriano to the Nationals

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Source: Rafael Soriano agrees to two-year, $28M deal with Nationals. Deal contains vesting option for third year. Story coming on Y! Sports.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Rafael Soriano's $14 million option will vest with 120 games finished over the next two seasons.

vCash
    I'm a tad bit confused since we already have a closer and Rafael is a closer by trade.

vCash
    1) LOL at people who doubted Boras
    2) That's a huge contract

vCash
    So he opts out...to make almost exactly how much he would have made this year anyways. He basically just signed a one-year extension.

vCash
    Boras always finds a buyer for his clients and thats closer money right there gotta think a trade of some sort is coming.

vCash
    Deal makes sense for a team that's where they are (virtually no weaknesses, money to spend, very low draft pick to give up), but 14M for 70 innings is still hard to comprehend.

vCash
    Boras does it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    So he opts out...to make almost exactly how much he would have made this year anyways. He basically just signed a one-year extension.
    Im confused.. do you not see how huge of a deal that one extra year is?? He got ridiculous money right when it looked like Boras screwed him out of 14 million for one year. On top of that, theres a good chance his 2015 option vests as well.

vCash
    Jeez that's alot of money for a reliever...But damn the Nationals are looking stacked.

vCash
    Wow, that is buku money.

vCash
    LOL failure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    agreed his qualifying offer was for 13 million so why is everyone thinking Boras made out on this......Thanks for the Pick Nats

vCash
    I wonder why the teams in the top 10 haven't jumped on more of these type of free agents.

Just as an example, use Cleveland. Let's say Cleveland, after signing Swisher, sees Kyle Lohse's value way down. They sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal at below market value, lose a 3rd round pick, and then try to flip him after June 1st. I think that'd be a sweet loophole in this new system that works for these teams with protected picks.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Nationals were willing to lose first-round pick because of lesser talent at No. 29 and the relatively low amount of bonus-pool money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I wonder why the teams in the top 10 haven't jumped on more of these type of free agents.

Just as an example, use Cleveland. Let's say Cleveland, after signing Swisher, sees Kyle Lohse's value way down. They sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal at below market value, lose a 3rd round pick, and then try to flip him after June 1st. I think that'd be a sweet loophole in this new system that works for these teams with protected picks.
    Yeah I was wondering why the Blue Jays, with the 10th pick overall in 2013, didn't make a move for one of these free agents. I wouldn't say I was surprised when they didn't make the move, but I thought it made some sense to try to acquire a player like Bourn or Soriano when the market seemed kinda weak at the moment.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast