Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,796
    vCash
    1500

    SI article coming out on Sox

    98.5 all over it. Owners and in particular Luchhino come off as market driven air heads.

    Francona looks good.

    Can't wait.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,188
    vCash
    1500
    Yep & tito is the one who wrote the article atlest thats what i read on twitter lol


    also figures that 98.5 is all over it. most of those guys who worked at that station don't even like the sox. they are mostly football guys & selfish "i know everything & you don't" guys. they are a bunch of yahoos imo.
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,251
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    Yep & tito is the one who wrote the article atlest thats what i read on twitter lol


    also figures that 98.5 is all over it. most of those guys who worked at that station don't even like the sox. they are mostly football guys & selfish "i know everything & you don't" guys. they are a bunch of yahoos imo.
    remember who is co writing the book and the **** he is known to stir up. So its hard to tell what is Tito's and what is ___

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,251
    vCash
    1500
    and not defending the owners, but what owner puts their "heart" into baseball. Most own the team to make money and when it does not they sell

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    1500
    Don't forget.. Steak is just steak.. It's the SIZZLE that makes steak so great !!.. lol..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    35,203
    vCash
    1500
    It's an excerpt from Francona's/Dan Shaughnessy's book, so of course Francona will come across as a saint in it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,966
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    Yep & tito is the one who wrote the article atlest thats what i read on twitter lol


    also figures that 98.5 is all over it. most of those guys who worked at that station don't even like the sox. they are mostly football guys & selfish "i know everything & you don't" guys. they are a bunch of yahoos imo.
    Um, no. The reason why they're ripping all over it is because they aren't the radio station for the Sox which means they can speak freely of their minds about them. If EEI didn't have the contract I'd guarantee they'd be doing the same too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,818
    vCash
    1500
    How can you defend the ownership? We were building a team the right way until 2009 when we decided to go for big names over actual fits for the team. The part about what Theo said seems like its completely true to me.

    Our owners are complete sellouts, now it's just out there so everyone stupid or smart can understand it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,251
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    How can you defend the ownership? We were building a team the right way until 2009 when we decided to go for big names over actual fits for the team. The part about what Theo said seems like its completely true to me.

    Our owners are complete sellouts, now it's just out there so everyone stupid or smart can understand it.
    you realize who is co writing the book? Im betting a chunk of it is from him and his hatchet writing **** sturring **** he writes
    and name me 4 owners who own a team becuase they LOVE THE GAME, other then cuban I cant think of any. Owners of teams own a buisness, with the purpose of making money.. thats not unique to the sox. some of those big singees were THEO's fault, since he is the GM.
    Last edited by grandsalami; 01-15-2013 at 11:21 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    you realize who is co writing the book?
    and name me 4 owners who own a team becuase they LOVE THE GAME, other then cuban I cant think of any. Owners of teams own a buisness, with the purpose of making money.. thats not unique to the sox.
    It doesn't matter if they love the game or not. There's plenty of profit in winning too. Marketability of players only takes you so far. Not loving the game isn't an excuse for running it into the ground.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,251
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    It doesn't matter if they love the game or not. There's plenty of profit in winning too. Marketability of players only takes you so far. Not loving the game isn't an excuse for running it into the ground.
    what do you mean running it into the ground? the BOS franchise is one of the most profitbale teams in MLB. And anyway, this book is just everyone blaming someone but themselves. THEO was the GM so theo AND the owners BOTH hold responsibility for the signings that turned to ****. seems like theo is trying to deflect blame for the issues. He left origionally to get more power, He then got that power and we then had some bad signees

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    what do you mean running it into the ground? the BOS franchise is one of the most profitbale teams in MLB. And anyway, this book is just everyone blaming someone but themselves. THEO was the GM so theo AND the owners BOTH hold responsibility for the signings that turned to ****. seems like theo is trying to deflect blame for the issues. He left origionally to get more power, He then got that power and we then had some bad signees
    I agree that Theo deserves plenty of blame too. And i meant the on the field performance. The Boston market alone makes the team plenty profitable too. If we were one of the most profitable it'd be a huge problem.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,966
    vCash
    1500
    Was listening to Felger and Mazz today and they brought up some of the excerpts from the book. Apparently there was a meeting with Francona, Epstein, Henry, Werner and obviously Lucchino. In the meeting apparently Werner came in whining about the TV ratings and stuff like that which made Tito pissed and he nearly got up and left right there but Epstein made him stay. Don't feel like going on and on, but Francona says that ownership wanted sexy players. Like good looking, not big name players

    Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/t...h-image-011513

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Was listening to Felger and Mazz today and they brought up some of the excerpts from the book. Apparently there was a meeting with Francona, Epstein, Henry, Werner and obviously Lucchino. In the meeting apparently Werner came in whining about the TV ratings and stuff like that which made Tito pissed and he nearly got up and left right there but Epstein made him stay. Don't feel like going on and on, but Francona says that ownership wanted sexy players. Like good looking, not big name players

    Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/t...h-image-011513

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    31,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    How can you defend the ownership? We were building a team the right way until 2009 when we decided to go for big names over actual fits for the team. The part about what Theo said seems like its completely true to me.

    Our owners are complete sellouts, now it's just out there so everyone stupid or smart can understand it.
    and who brought that team to where it was in 2009? ownership.

    people rag wayy too much on Henry and co.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •