Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 432
  1. #361
    Anji's Avatar
    Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    OrangeCounty NY
    Posts
    8,761
    vCash
    1500
    Defensive player of the year??? Amare doesn't play defense at a DLeague level.

    LOL, how about we settle for backup worthy defense. How about we settle for just hedging the pick and roll on the right side. Hands up when guarding a player????

    Is that too much???
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........


    Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    57
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Now we have to wait till monday...
    Shhhhhh, don't remind me.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    57
    vCash
    1500
    Kings game still haunting us, we'd be first in the east right now at 26-12.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,506
    vCash
    1500
    Good to see Shump back. He looks good: strong and fast!!!!

    Shump is really going to help put this team over the top. Book it!

    P.S. The changes to this website give me a headache.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Defensive player of the year??? Amare doesn't play defense at a DLeague level.

    LOL, how about we settle for backup worthy defense. How about we settle for just hedging the pick and roll on the right side. Hands up when guarding a player????

    Is that too much???
    You know what? Tyson hasn't hedged the pick and roll on the right side all year either and routinely looks at penetrating guards waltz to the basket without contesting.

    Copeland is even worse, Kurt was a statue and Camby was only effective defensively in spurts.

    Yet all the criticism is being directed towards Amare's way. As if a)NBA defense is as basic as people make it out to be and all he needs is more elbow grease to be a better defender and b)every player on every roster is a 2-way beast.

    Is it too much to ask people to call it straight and not throw a fit every time he doesn't do something and just watch the game for what he was brought here to do? Is it too much to concede that in his time so far this year, he's doing more of the little things that goes toward being a suitable defender than ever before?

    People have unrealistic expectations because of his bank account.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    296
    vCash
    1500
    Im happy with Amare so far. Playing hard on both ends. His defense sucks but hes picking up these fouls because he is actually trying on defense. He had some big *** dudes on him tonight.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SEA, Singapore
    Posts
    105
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah although Amar'e wasn't good at defense tonight, he drew fouls and made his FTs.
    Overall a 17 pt game form him, i'll take that.

    Just hope that over the season hopefully he regains some of his previous explosiveness especially when Felton returns.
    Love what shump brings for us, ecstatic and relieved to have him back

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,515
    vCash
    1500
    Saw the game. Detroit is terrible. gotta play better vs. Nets and C's.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NY/FL
    Posts
    1,555
    vCash
    1500
    Good win. I got stuck conducting phone interviews during half of the damn thing though so I'm kinda pissed. I'm gonna have to DL it and watch it again. Nice to see Shump out there doing his thing. His shot looks much improved.
    The Future!



  10. #370
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,195
    vCash
    1500
    Had a question for you Knicks fans...

    How did Shump look? Been rooting for this guy to come back. Love his demeanor and work ethic. Want him to get back to whatever he was before the injury and then some. So did he look like he was a little slow or lose any athleticism? Hope he and Rose get back to 100% because those could be some battles in the future. Wasn't able to catch the game with the weird timing, but appreciate any input.

    S. Marbury - L. Hughes - S. Marion - M. Fizer - T. Chandler
    K. Hinrich - D. Songalia

    '00 - '03 = 67-179 (Kirk + Dunleavy + Tyson)
    '03 - '04 = 41-41 (9th Seed - Heartbreaker..)
    '04 - '05 = 40-42 (8th Seed - 1st Round Exit)
    '05 - '06 = 43-39 (8th Seed - Disappointing..)

    4-Time Sim League Champion!

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    5,149
    vCash
    1500
    Amare does figure out how to get to the line. Him and Gallo were always at the line.


    My man Ike got a bad rap

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    You know what? Tyson hasn't hedged the pick and roll on the right side all year either and routinely looks at penetrating guards waltz to the basket without contesting.

    Copeland is even worse, Kurt was a statue and Camby was only effective defensively in spurts.

    Yet all the criticism is being directed towards Amare's way. As if a)NBA defense is as basic as people make it out to be and all he needs is more elbow grease to be a better defender and b)every player on every roster is a 2-way beast.

    Is it too much to ask people to call it straight and not throw a fit every time he doesn't do something and just watch the game for what he was brought here to do? Is it too much to concede that in his time so far this year, he's doing more of the little things that goes toward being a suitable defender than ever before?

    People have unrealistic expectations because of his bank account.
    If our bigs continue to struggle with the pick n roll defense scheme then Woodson should tweek it....change it. Maybr our bigs are just not that mobile enough to effectively execute the scheme consistently.

    I thought we finally got an idea of a set rotation now with Shump and Amar'e back in the mix. Amar'e played solid....he don't have to dominate to be effective. He got to the line and was aggressive. Shump looked great...we have our SG back.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    You know what? Tyson hasn't hedged the pick and roll on the right side all year either and routinely looks at penetrating guards waltz to the basket without contesting.

    Copeland is even worse, Kurt was a statue and Camby was only effective defensively in spurts.

    Yet all the criticism is being directed towards Amare's way. As if a)NBA defense is as basic as people make it out to be and all he needs is more elbow grease to be a better defender and b)every player on every roster is a 2-way beast.

    Is it too much to ask people to call it straight and not throw a fit every time he doesn't do something and just watch the game for what he was brought here to do? Is it too much to concede that in his time so far this year, he's doing more of the little things that goes toward being a suitable defender than ever before?

    People have unrealistic expectations because of his bank account.
    If our bigs continue to struggle with the pick n roll defense scheme then Woodson should tweek it....change it. Maybe our bigs are just not that mobile enough to effectively execute the scheme consistently?

    I thought we finally got an idea of a set rotation now with Shump and Amar'e back in the mix. Amar'e played solid....he don't have to dominate to be effective. He got to the line and was aggressive. Shump looked great...we have our starting SG back.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,849
    vCash
    1500
    I missed the game!

    Glad we won and didn't embarrass ourselves in England.

    Very excited that Shump is back. How did Shump do?

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SEA, Singapore
    Posts
    105
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsNumber1Fan View Post
    Had a question for you Knicks fans...

    How did Shump look? Been rooting for this guy to come back. Love his demeanor and work ethic. Want him to get back to whatever he was before the injury and then some. So did he look like he was a little slow or lose any athleticism? Hope he and Rose get back to 100% because those could be some battles in the future. Wasn't able to catch the game with the weird timing, but appreciate any input.
    He was great, although he played little minutes, he was solid during that time.
    His defense was great, it will only continue to improve and get back to his dominant lock down defense form as the season progresses.

    He put pressure on a lot of the guards on the opposing team today, causing them to make tough shots/passes.

    Looking forward to seeing Rose return, if we meet in the playoffs it would be Shumpert guarding Rose i guess

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •