Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Game will also air on NBATV.

vCash
    Josh Smith out vs Brooklyn tonight, suspended one game for conduct detrimental to the team.

How many times have these guys faced a team without one of it's top players? Lucky bastards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI. View Post
    Josh Smith out vs Brooklyn tonight, suspended one game for conduct detrimental to the team.

How many times have these guys faced a team without one of it's top players? Lucky bastards.
    you can say the same about us dude. I still think Atlanta wins the game tonight

vCash
    I don't have NBA TV. Is this airing on MSG too?

vCash
    I think the best part of shumps injury is how much he got to work on his shot, if you watch his practices this guy is going to be a deadly shooter for us.
    His shot from the beginning to end of last yr improved greatly now he just has a perfect release and everything about his shot is money.

Watch out NBA the Shump is back!

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickerBockerAL View Post
    you can say the same about us dude. I still think Atlanta wins the game tonight
    No, you can't because we have missed key players all year while the Nets have been pretty healthy.

Melo, Felton, Sheed, Kidd, etc. have all missed games. That's not even including Amare or Shump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I think the best part of shumps injury is how much he got to work on his shot, if you watch his practices this guy is going to be a deadly shooter for us.
    His shot from the beginning to end of last yr improved greatly now he just has a perfect release and everything about his shot is money.

I hope so, but Shump has never been a good shooter. He's had many summers to work on his jumpshot in college and now in the NBA. Does 4 months or so extra now mean he's going to be a deadly shooter?

vCash
    He has been working on his shooting with Hopla for an extended period of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI. View Post
    No, you can't because we have missed key players all year while the Nets have been pretty healthy.

Melo, Felton, Sheed, Kidd, etc. have all missed games. That's not even including Amare or Shump.
    the Nets won without Gerald Wallace last night. Humphries has been hurt for a number of games as well. Same goes for Brook Lopez. I believe Marshon Brooks was also hurt for a couple games but i could be wrong. And we all know Deron is playing thru bone spurs in his ankle.

Every team goes thru injuries. We cant use it as an excuse. I think it says a lot about our team that we're still at the top of the east having endured those injuries.

So lets leave the injuries arguement out of this....i dont think Brooklyn is getting any luckier than we have when going up against teams missing key players. We played Boston without Rondo, Minn without Kevin Love, LA without Pau Gasol + Steve Nash, Dallas without Dirk, and NO without Anthony Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

If he can become a knock-down shooter it will open his game up tremendously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I hope so, but Shump has never been a good shooter. He's had many summers to work on his jumpshot in college and now in the NBA. Does 4 months or so extra now mean he's going to be a deadly shooter?
    His shot was never broken and don't forget this was his first NBA offseason with NBA coaches and NBA trainers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
    Chandler is a virus holy **** does he get sick enough
    Last edited by oak2455; 01-16-2013 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    His shot was never broken and don't forget this was his first NBA offseason with NBA coaches and NBA trainers.
    His form was always good but still wouldn't call it consistent maybe he improved it we'll see.

vCash
    Shump has great form on his jumper. He always gets set and balanced, never see him shoot all quirky and off balance like JR, he gets great lift (Hopla said he gets too much lift) and his form and follow through are money. He can also pull up off the dribble and knows how to get a shot in the mid range, he can finish with contact. I think #1 thing he needs to do is improve his handles. But hes got the foundation to be a great offensive player.

I'd say a good chunk more than half the players who stick in this league, which Shump is gonna do, improve their jumpers over the years. We have seen it from Lee, to Wilson, to a guy like Amare who couldn't shoot a lick, and Ason Kidd who was right at the top in 3pt % before having to play PG. Guys who can't shoot a lick actually can become top shooters in this league. You can't compare a college student shooting in practice and off season to a professional with millions of dollars to work with trainers and access to the best facilities whenever they want it.

I am not worried about Shump's J whatsoever. I think he is going to be a deadly shooter when its all said and done. I also think hes more than capable of drilling that wide open corner 3 he's gonna get in Ronnie's spot.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    But **** this 3pm ****. I'm really gonna have to DVR it, turn my phone off, not log onto facebook or PSD at all, not listen to sports radio during my commute and hope I don't get home from work to see my bro going crazy to a buzzer beater or some ****, than box myself in my room and watch the game 3 hrs later on DVR like its live.

And than repeat on Monday. ****ing Stern.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast