Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Totally within the guide lines. I'm representing my country proudly!

And yes,
    God bless America

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Yea he tore his acl at USC making this his 3rd, no player has ever come back from 3 torn acls
    False

Casey Hampton, DT, Pittsburgh Steelers

The 325-pound All-Pro defensive tackle just finished the twelfth year of his NFL career despite having three ACL reconstructions, the first on his left knee in college in 1997 and his right knee twice while with the Steelers in 2004 and 2012. In 2004, a piece of his patellar tendon was used to repair the right knee. In 2012, they used an Achilles tendon from the cadaver of a deceased 19-year-old.

"Once you do it, having two, the third one is a little bit easier because you kind of know what to do," Hampton told USA TODAY Sports last month. "You know how to rehab, you know what's going to make it hurt, what's going to make it not hurt. You're not really worried about tearing it again. You don't have the same fears because you've done been through it before."

"If I wasn't playing football, I wouldn't have did surgery (in 2012)."

Hampton returned from the January surgery in time to start all 16 games for the Steelers this season.

Thomas Davis, LB, Carolina Panthers

Davis tore the ACL of his right knee three times in three years before returning to the Panthers this season. After seeing minimal action in the first month of the year, Davis started the team's final 12 games, amassing 70 tackles in the process.

"I feel good," Davis told USA TODAY Sports in June. "Now it's all about going out there and regaining that confidence and being out there with my teammates. I mean, hey, I've been through it enough to know the process and know what to do and what not to do."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...thers/1820461/

So it is possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    God bless America

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    False

Casey Hampton, DT, Pittsburgh Steelers

The 325-pound All-Pro defensive tackle just finished the twelfth year of his NFL career despite having three ACL reconstructions, the first on his left knee in college in 1997 and his right knee twice while with the Steelers in 2004 and 2012. In 2004, a piece of his patellar tendon was used to repair the right knee. In 2012, they used an Achilles tendon from the cadaver of a deceased 19-year-old.

"Once you do it, having two, the third one is a little bit easier because you kind of know what to do," Hampton told USA TODAY Sports last month. "You know how to rehab, you know what's going to make it hurt, what's going to make it not hurt. You're not really worried about tearing it again. You don't have the same fears because you've done been through it before."

"If I wasn't playing football, I wouldn't have did surgery (in 2012)."

Hampton returned from the January surgery in time to start all 16 games for the Steelers this season.

Thomas Davis, LB, Carolina Panthers

Davis tore the ACL of his right knee three times in three years before returning to the Panthers this season. After seeing minimal action in the first month of the year, Davis started the team's final 12 games, amassing 70 tackles in the process.

"I feel good," Davis told USA TODAY Sports in June. "Now it's all about going out there and regaining that confidence and being out there with my teammates. I mean, hey, I've been through it enough to know the process and know what to do and what not to do."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...thers/1820461/

So it is possible.
    Interesting but I forgot to say same knee, my bad.. Was David all on the same knee?

vCash
    Not that its easy for dlinemen and LBs, but knee injuries are BRUTAL for corners. Speed and cutting isn't so easy after 3 ACLs/MCLs. Not sure safety is much better being that he's not really a ball hawk type of guy. He'll be physical at the line and playing TEs I'd guess....if they move him to S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    Let KP walk (unless of course he comes at a good price), put T2 at Safety in the nickel. Go after Brent Grimes in FA (won't happen) and draft Xavier Rhodes out of FSU 2nd round. Restructure Webster and work with him in Training Camp. He's still got talent I know it.

Corner Backs (Spots 1 & 2 dependent on excelling in training camp):
    1) Webster/Amukamara
    2)Amukamara/Webster
    3) Rhodes
    4) Hosley

Safety:
    1) Rolle
    2) T2
    3) Stevie Brown (in the nickel)

The best thing about this would be that if a CB goes down and we're extremely limited (like this year), we move T2 back to CB and just play two safety sets with Rolle and Brown.
    why do we have to go after Grimes? there are other efficient corners like Mike Jenkins or Calvin Hayden...but I like the idea of drafting Rhodes...man there's so many players the giants could get...Rhodes, Ogletree, Richardson, Ansah......
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    why do we have to go after Grimes? there are other efficient corners like Mike Jenkins or Calvin Hayden...but I like the idea of drafting Rhodes...man there's so many players the giants could get...Rhodes, Ogletree, Richardson, Ansah......
    The reason I like Rhodes is because I expect him to fall to the middle of the second round, where we can pick up a guy like Ogletree first and then go after Rhodes. The reason I mentioned Grimes is because (with the exception of Webster) our corners are still extremely young. I feel like we should pick up a veteran CB who can still play while also mentoring the younger guys. Grimes is one of the few veteran corners in FA this year. I'd have said Talib but the Pats are gonna lock him up like his name's Sandusky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Not that its easy for dlinemen and LBs, but knee injuries are BRUTAL for corners. Speed and cutting isn't so easy after 3 ACLs/MCLs. Not sure safety is much better being that he's not really a ball hawk type of guy. He'll be physical at the line and playing TEs I'd guess....if they move him to S.
    +1

His COD is likely going to be compromised so his only chance is S.

vCash
    The reason I like Rhodes is because I expect him to fall to the middle of the second round, where we can pick up a guy like Ogletree first and then go after Rhodes. The reason I mentioned Grimes is because (with the exception of Webster) our corners are still extremely young. I feel like we should pick up a veteran CB who can still play while also mentoring the younger guys. Grimes is one of the few veteran corners in FA this year. I'd have said Talib but the Pats are gonna lock him up like his name's Sandusky.
    Rhodes isn't gonna fall to the Giants at 19 forget into the 2nd round with teams like TB & NO sitting in front of the Giants
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Rhodes isn't gonna fall to the Giants at 19 forget into the 2nd round with teams like TB & NO sitting in front of the Giants
    I've seen three different mock drafts in the past two days with the Giants taking Rhodes with the 49th pick and countless others where he goes either just before us or just after us round two. Not a single draft had him first round

vCash
    Rhodes as a sophomore held Notre Dame senior Michael Floyd (who had a phenomenal year as most of us know) to 3 catches for 22 yards
    Last edited by NYGTom; 01-22-2013 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    I've seen three different mock drafts in the past two days with the Giants taking Rhodes with the 49th pick and countless others where he goes either just before us or just after us round two. Not a single draft had him first round
    can you get me a link to those mock drafts? especially the one that has Rhodes going to us in the second round...I'm sorry, but I saw some tape of this kid, and he plays with 1sty round talent, no joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw9oHp46Yqs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBZzYCQVdgs

btw these have Rhodes going in the 1st: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...ut-DaneBrugler http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...tscout-RobRang

vCash
    T2 I give up on but if he comes back cheap for the offseason looks good in preseason with some kind of we can cut him before the start of the season if he doesn't seem good enough for us we can cut him without any cap situation problems , then bring him back he's a former pro bowler and stud .

But we need to draft a CB and I have seen plenty of mock drafts saying hell fall to the broncos at pick 28 (makes sense with champ getting older and he got burned more than usual so ppl panic) .

ESPN has Dee M. Going 8th(bills) and Jonathan Banks going as the second CB at 22nd(rams). Also has us taking DT Shledon Richardson . Any one think that's a smart move?

I feel x Rhodes and a few others will move up the draft as usual every year but Rhodes is being touted by some as the best CB in the draft and compares to CB L Webb (beast,ravens).

vCash
    Espn -has Rhodes going 22nd to the rams one of the traded picks from the skins for last year .

WalterFootball.com -has a current mock of CBS dee milliner falling to the titans at 10 as the 1st CB off the boards then the Tampa bay bucs follow up with CB banks at pick 13 as the second CB is gone and isn't Rhodes. Rhodes gets picked at 51 (2nd round pick) to the skins !! While we take DE/OLB(that's how they labeled him) for our first pick and previously believed to take dion Jordan (modified mock). Also second round we grab DT S.Floyd (original pick 2nd round X RHODES CB !!).

CBSsports.com mock draft - ROB RANG- he believes CB 1st taken will be D milliner at pick 13 to the bucs and We grab a TE Tyler Eifert while X RHODES CB FALLS TO 24th as the second CB taken ..

CBSsports.com-Dane Brugler Mock Draft- believes CB Dee goes at pick 6 to the browns while CB X RHODES goes to the Bucs as the 2nd CB taken and THE GIANTS take. DE EZEKIEL ANSAH as our pick right befor LB Manti te'o (btw EA looks nasty I like him and we may need him with tuck playing half as good as he was and osi gone.)

FOOTBALLSFUTURE.commock draft has the 1st CB being Dee to the LIONS at pick 5 (earliest I've seen him going so far) , BANKS is the only other CB taken at pick 24 to the colts. While we take DE EZEKIEL ANSAH WHO THEY make some great points about including tucks decline but then they say MAY BE MORE PHYSICALLY GIFTED THAN JPP !! (High praise..too high but he does look great) .

vCash
    Also drafttek.com has the worst mock draft I've seen. With dee at 3 to the raiders , banks pick 11 to the chargers ,we take Eric fisher LT at 19 ,Rhodes to the texans at 27 and Barkevious mongo at 29 to the ravens (not possible but fair enough I guess they went out on a limb).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast