Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Pacers title contenders?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 30.00%
  • No

21 70.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    They currently rank #1 defense, but their offense ranks 29th.

Contenders or no?
    you already said it.

defense wins championships but nobody said you didn't need offense.

vCash
    I don't think the Pacers are contenders. However, I feel like with the development of Paul George as the corner stone of that franchise, Indiana is close. If George continues to develop, and the Pacers run their offense through him, they can be contenders. A lot also depends on whether Hibbert can play like he did in his All-Star year. Again, it all depends on Paul George developing into a "go-to" guy. I think he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    The main difference is that the teams are built differently. they never had a true C, their line-up wasnt as big, they werent as good defensively and their star players were oft injured. They were more of a run and gun team. They played better on the break than in the half court. There wasnt really one thing you could point out about those Hawks squads and say 'they did that specifically well.' They were pretty much slightly above average across the board.
    Very good point.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Are the Pacers contenders???

Reggie Miller not walking through that door...Rik Smits...Jalen Rose...Chris Mullen...Mark Jackson...not walking through that door.

You got Paul George..Hibbert...Hill....West who can play but no take over guys.

Like Larry legend said they're soft...I like Grainger but hes.....SOFT!
    Last edited by Missing56&33; 01-16-2013 at 05:58 PM.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Are the Pacers contenders???

Reggie Miller not walking through that door...Rik Smits...Jalen Rose...Chris Mullen...Mark Jackson...not walking through that door.

You got Paul George..Hibbert...Hill....West who can play but no take over guys.

Like Larry legend said they're soft...I like Grainger but hes.....SOFT!
    His name is Granger, and would you please elaborate on what it means to be soft and why being soft automatically disqualifies you from contending?

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    His name is Granger, and would you please elaborate on what it means to be soft and why being soft automatically disqualifies you from contending?
    Yeah you're right Granger ...my bad. The Pacers for the most part are a competitive team but they lack the mental toughness thats needed to get pass the elite teams in the playoffs. I think they need to tget tougher in the paint and Granger and George need to drive to the basket more.

The reason Larry Bird said his team was soft was not because of lack of talent but fear. The Pacers just dont intimidate other teams.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234