Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Pacers title contenders?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 30.00%
  • No

21 70.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I hate this "the new Hawks thing." I don't think the Hawks ever had the top defense in the league.

Also, the only thing Danny Granger will do is help the team. We need offense and that is exactly what he brings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    I hate this "the new Hawks thing." I don't think the Hawks ever had the top defense in the league.

Also, the only thing Danny Granger will do is help the team. We need offense and that is exactly what he brings.
    he wont be enough to put them over the top
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    If the Pacers were contenders Larry Bird would still be there.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    no. Unless Hibbert discovers his balls again, and Granger plays at an all star level upon his return.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    If the Pacers were contenders Larry Bird would still be there.
    This doesn't even make sense.

vCash
    haha, no, it doesn't. They need a serious upgrade on offense. Granger will help, but Hibbert has got to start contributing on that end in a serious way.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Get Eric Gordon for Granger, then yes they are...

vCash

I think it only references the Hawks as a "competitive-not-contender" tier. Doesn't matter what offensive or defensive ranks are.

I don't agree with it, but I get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I think when you consider what their record is, and then also take into consideration that their best player (Granger) has been out due to injury and that their second best player (Hibbert) has not been playing at the level we have seen him play in the past, then you have to say: Yes.

George has been playing great basketball this season so there is a question here. George and Granger both play SF, so who is going to be starting? Can you move one to SG? or PF? I'm not sure either would fit at either position, they both seem like natural fits for SF, so the answer may be trading one (perhaps packaging one or the other up with Hibbert for a big man).
    I disagree.

Hibeert IMO was always overrated. He could be a nice 13 and 10 player. Granger should help, but if he returns he's also taking shots away from West who's been hot and Paul George.

Are they contenders? No. The only contender in the East IMO is the Miami Heat.

vCash

You don'tknow that. What if he comes back and struggles and he's just chucking shots?

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Let me clarify myself. If u have any knowledge of Larry Bird...he was successful in college, (contended for a national championship)the pros, (won 3 NBA titles and was a contender up until he retired)and as a HC in the pros(was a contender as the Pacers HC ...made it to the Finals) The man is a winner, he has a lot of pride.

As the Pacers GM he put the team together .....last year they had the Heat right where they wanted them up 2-1 and chocked. When a hall of fame player like Larry Bird publicly says quote....."We went soft...I can't believe my team went soft"....then quit.

The Pacers are not contenders....make sense now?

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Let me clarify myself. If u have any knowledge of Larry Bird...he was successful in college, (contended for a national championship)the pros, (won 3 NBA titles and was a contender up until he retired)and as a HC in the pros(was a contender as the Pacers HC ...made it to the Finals) The man is a winner, he has a lot of pride.

As the Pacers GM he put the team together .....last year they had the Heat right where they wanted them up 2-1 and chocked. When a hall of fame player like Larry Bird publicly says quote....."We went soft...I can't believe my team went soft"....then quit.

The Pacers are not contenders....make sense now?
    haha, what? Bird is old. He wants to rest. What your saying is complete BS. He didnt leave the team because he didnt think they could win, that you even came to that conclusion is absurd.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    haha, what? Bird is old. He wants to rest. What your saying is complete BS. He didnt leave the team because he didnt think they could win, that you even came to that conclusion is absurd.
    This. There is even a chance he might come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Get Eric Gordon for Granger, then yes they are...
    If Gordon could stay healthy then I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    I think it only references the Hawks as a "competitive-not-contender" tier. Doesn't matter what offensive or defensive ranks are.

I don't agree with it, but I get it.
    I get it too. I just don't see it, at least not yet. If we are still a first/second round exit for a few more years then we would certainly fit that description.

vCash
    I get it too. I just don't see it, at least not yet. If we are still a first/second round exit for a few more years then we would certainly fit that description.
    The main difference is that the teams are built differently. they never had a true C, their line-up wasnt as big, they werent as good defensively and their star players were oft injured. They were more of a run and gun team. They played better on the break than in the half court. There wasnt really one thing you could point out about those Hawks squads and say 'they did that specifically well.' They were pretty much slightly above average across the board.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast