Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Pacers title contenders?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 30.00%
  • No

21 70.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are the Pacers contenders?

They currently rank #1 defense, but their offense ranks 29th.

Contenders or no?

vCash
    Granger coming back will help the offense. Hibbert can't continue to suck this much, can he?

I think they're contenders in the East, just because the East is so down. If they some how did get past Miami, Chicago and the other contenders, they'd get mauled in the Finals though.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    If Hibbert can start dominating games I think so. He's got the advantage a lot of nights.

But if they made the finals would they have the firepower to compete with the teams out West would be the question considering their offensive woes.

I think if it's a yes or no answer I'd say they are in the East for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Granger coming back will help the offense. Hibbert can't continue to suck this much, can he?

I think they're contenders in the East, just because the East is so down. If they some how did get past Miami, Chicago and the other contenders, they'd get mauled in the Finals though.
    Having Danny back should definitely help the offense like you mentioned. I am just curious how we would get mauled in the Finals if we got past Miami? I mean, I guess they are kinda slumping right now, but they are still probably the most talented team just because of LeBron and Wade.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I think when you consider what their record is, and then also take into consideration that their best player (Granger) has been out due to injury and that their second best player (Hibbert) has not been playing at the level we have seen him play in the past, then you have to say: Yes.

George has been playing great basketball this season so there is a question here. George and Granger both play SF, so who is going to be starting? Can you move one to SG? or PF? I'm not sure either would fit at either position, they both seem like natural fits for SF, so the answer may be trading one (perhaps packaging one or the other up with Hibbert for a big man).
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    I'm not sure they are better with Granger than they are now. I think they need a Go-to guy to advanced past the second round and not sure Paul George is ready to be that guy. I also don't think Granger will ever be that guy.

I know everyone loves to regurgitate the 'defense wins championships' cliche but it doesn't when your offense is 2nd worst in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I think when you consider what their record is, and then also take into consideration that their best player (Granger) has been out due to injury and that their second best player (Hibbert) has not been playing at the level we have seen him play in the past, then you have to say: Yes.

George has been playing great basketball this season so there is a question here. George and Granger both play SF, so who is going to be starting? Can you move one to SG? or PF? I'm not sure either would fit at either position, they both seem like natural fits for SF, so the answer may be trading one (perhaps packaging one or the other up with Hibbert for a big man).
    In my opinion all Granger coming back will do is curb George's development and all-star level play. George should have had this breakout last season but Granger held him back IMO.

vCash
    everyone needs to be healthy and players need to step up
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post

George was playing the sg position before Danny got injured. They'll both start, George at the sg and Danny at the sf.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    In my opinion all Granger coming back will do is curb George's development and all-star level play. George should have had this breakout last season but Granger held him back IMO.
    I honestly don't think it will have that big of an impact on George. The thing with George is that he was afraid to assert himself when Danny was on the floor last year. This is why I think Danny's injury was a blessing in disguise. It let Paul learn how to become more of a focal point of the offense and now he and Danny both know what Paul is capable of. It also let Lance Stephenson significantly improve and gain some confidence to get that starting sg role. We finally have a legit option off the bench with Lance once Danny gets back.

vCash
    5 out of 6 people far think the Pacers have a shot at winning the NBA title this season. Interesting.

vCash
    I don't think so. If contenders mean they have a legitimate shot at winning a title this year, I'd say no. They definitely are a top 4 team in the East tho and should make the East semis at the least. I don't think they can win a 7 game series against the Heat, Bulls (when healthy) or one of the top 4 teams out west
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    George was playing the sg position before Danny got injured. They'll both start, George at the sg and Danny at the sf.

I honestly don't think it will have that big of an impact on George. The thing with George is that he was afraid to assert himself when Danny was on the floor last year. This is why I think Danny's injury was a blessing in disguise. It let Paul learn how to become more of a focal point of the offense and now he and Danny both know what Paul is capable of. It also let Lance Stephenson significantly improve and gain some confidence to get that starting sg role. We finally have a legit option off the bench with Lance once Danny gets back.
    Agreed, Granger injury was a blessing in disguise for Indy's future as well as Paul George's future. Everyone knows hes 'the guy' now. Its sort of like the Amare injury for the Knicks - everyone realized Melo is the alpha on this team and Amare had no leverage to complain about coming off the bench and handing over the keys, officially, to Melo making it his team. Also that he now knows he needs to stay out of Melos way and 'add' to the team instead of restructuring the team around him as a 2nd star. Similar thing should happen in Indy.

I just see Granger/George as very redundant offensive players, and those types of guys don't really feed off eachother, they usually take away from eachother. I am a big fan of PG, have him on a few of my fantasy teams. I'll be rooting for you guys as long as your not against us. Love the toughness and grit you guys play with.

vCash
    In case it wasn't clear, I mean title contenders.

And I think they can if Granger can return to form, he'll give them a quality spot-up guy and it should boost them to at least a middle-of-the pack offense. They were top 10 in offense last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    Having Danny back should definitely help the offense like you mentioned. I am just curious how we would get mauled in the Finals if we got past Miami? I mean, I guess they are kinda slumping right now, but they are still probably the most talented team just because of LeBron and Wade.
    That's a fair point. Right now, the Heat don't look to be as good as the top 4 teams out West. Is that a fluke, due to a lack of motivation, or something else? Maybe. But right now they look defensively inferior to those 4 teams, they don't have the depth those 4 teams have and they can't rebound at all.

But you are right. They are still the Heat, and getting past them probably means you can hang with anyone.

Also, I interpreted "contender" a bit loosely here. I don't think they will, or really can win the Finals, but I think they could possibly get there . And getting there makes you a contender.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    to win the championship? no.......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast