Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Embedded Video

vCash
    Plus if you don't want images you can turn them off, just like you can with signatures.

vCash
    I can understand not wanting people to post images but being able to embed youtube videos would be a cool feature to use.

vCash
    I'll be transparent. I voted no, and a hard no. To many people will post 4 second video's they think are funny in response to someone's comment. I wouldn't object if they made a rule you can't do it unless the thread is based on the video. For instance embed the video of that sandy hook "hoax" thread. But other than that, I voted no. Trying to not be so secretive for everyone.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    what about pictures?

vCash
    I suspect the problem is people will post a lot of memes and short videos to respond to posts. I think the rule should simply be that it has to be a relevant and necessary post. If the rule is broken by someone too much, it can lead to infractions/bans.

Simple.

vCash
    Why not? If you don't want to watch the video don't press play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    I suspect the problem is people will post a lot of memes and short videos to respond to posts. I think the rule should simply be that it has to be a relevant and necessary post. If the rule is broken by someone too much, it can lead to infractions/bans.

Simple.
    And while I said I was against it, I think this is a fair and smart compromise and would have my support.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Yeah just hand out warnings/infractions to the people who abuse the video option. Simple

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I'll be transparent. I voted no, and a hard no. To many people will post 4 second video's they think are funny in response to someone's comment. I wouldn't object if they made a rule you can't do it unless the thread is based on the video. For instance embed the video of that sandy hook "hoax" thread. But other than that, I voted no. Trying to not be so secretive for everyone.
    See I appreciate that about you, at least you're standing behind your decision.
    -

vCash
    Just be strict from the beginning! Videos have to relate to the subject (thread title), 1 infraction warning & the 2nd gets ban. Off topic threads in individual forums allows for off topic videos and let the respected individual forum mods kinda set the rules for that. 1 (2?) video per post in the you tube thread and no back 2 back posting

Just gotta be real strict about the rules, I think PSD is a little kind with the multiple infractions and short banning periods myself...

Or only allow videos in less congested forums (maybe only team forums?)... The good thing with videos is that you don't have to press play

I don't know about images, I think images should be permitted in certain areas (such as off-topic threads) but I dunno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12