46. Jordan Staal
    47. Phil Kessel
    48. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    49. Duncan Keith
    50. Taylor Hall

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=81134

Let the arguments begin.

vCash
    I like where Toews, Datsyuk, Kopitar, Ovechkin, and Quick are. Ovechkin needs to redeem himself and he'll be back in the top 10 again. No argument whatsoever with where Crosby is.

vCash
    Datsyuk is not the 5th best player in the NHL.

(Even if we're just counting forwards) Its simply not true anymore.

His defensive and offensive abilities have declined rather substantially.

vCash
    Its only one spot, but I don't know how you take Karlsson over Chara.

Also, Dustin Brown was amazing in the playoffs, but I don't know if that makes him top 50. He's been rather average except for that run.

Hossa is too low. Hossa>Nash.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 01-15-2013 at 12:52 PM.

vCash
    Daniel over Henrik Sedin also seems a bit questionable (though laughable being discussed).

Also lol at Zach Parise ranking, i didn't even see that.

How can a person have Parise that high especially over Kovalchuk and Perry

Also how can Rinne be 27 when Lundqvist is 17 when its a very close decision between the two, I lean Rinne
    Last edited by jrice9; 01-15-2013 at 12:56 PM.

vCash
    **** the Preds for matching Weber's offer sheet.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    The hate for the Leafs is unreal. Kessel is the 47th best player in the league? A point per game player? behind Brown,Richards,Nash,Letang etc? that's a joke. Out of all the players at or around a PPG, no one's ranked lower. And Lupul was the only ppg player not to make it. These ranking blow after the top 11.

vCash
    Yeah, Kessel got screwed.....he's definitely a higher ranked player imo

vCash
    Chara to 7, Karlsson to 12, Weber to 11.

and if thats too much, move the Sedin's in front of Chara at 7-8 and Chara 9, weber 10, karlsson 11.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    The hate for the Leafs is unreal. Kessel is the 47th best player in the league? A point per game player? behind Brown,Richards,Nash,Letang etc? that's a joke. Out of all the players at or around a PPG, no one's ranked lower. And Lupul was the only ppg player not to make it. These ranking blow after the top 11.
    Agreed. Kessel at 47 is a complete joke. The list doesn't look too bad outside of this though
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Agreed. Kessel at 47 is a complete joke. The list doesn't look too bad outside of this though
    i agree....obviously a few guys should've been higher while some should've been lower but the list won't be perfect....Kessel, though being a PPG player, was a -10 last season, and i'm sure that has something to do with his low rating, that's awful...but:

34. Getzlaf: -11...57 pts.

37. Iginla: -10....67 pts.

21. Staal: -20...70 pts.

29. Nash: -19..59 pts. (OVERRATED)

19. Perry: -7..60 pts.

yeah, nevermind...that's a case of "screw the leafs"
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 01-15-2013 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Chara to 7, Karlsson to 12, Weber to 11.

and if thats too much, move the Sedin's in front of Chara at 7-8 and Chara 9, weber 10, karlsson 11.
    I don't think anyone would take another dman over Weber tbh. Guys just too good. Karlsson and Chara is debatable really, Karlsson had an unreal season offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    i agree....obviously a few guys should've been higher while some should've been lower but the list won't be perfect....Kessel, though being a PPG player, was a -10 last season, and i'm sure that has something to do with his low rating, that's awful
    Plus/Minus doesn't tell the whole story. The Leafs had horrid goaltending last season, and pretty much every year since the lockout. Kessel isn't a defensive dynamo by any means, but remember that the Leafs were ranked 29th in GAA last season. Pretty hard to put up a plus even at a PPG. If defense was so heavily factored in here, I see a lot of guys who aren't all that great defensively either, put up less points than Kessel and are way higher than him. OV and Kovalchuk are ranked at the top, this list doesn't make sense after the top 10. I'd love to hear the argument because I'm having a hard time justifying having OV in the top 15 and Kessel at 47. Ovechkin has been declining, it's not the Crosby vs OV show anymore.

vCash
    Im surprised Gabs is not higher coming off a very good year. What about Mcdonnah?

vCash
    Ill take JT at 20.

Of course, he's not a top 25 player under the age of 25 though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I don't think anyone would take another dman over Weber tbh. Guys just too good. Karlsson and Chara is debatable really, Karlsson had an unreal season offensively.

Plus/Minus doesn't tell the whole story. The Leafs had horrid goaltending last season, and pretty much every year since the lockout. Kessel isn't a defensive dynamo by any means, but remember that the Leafs were ranked 29th in GAA last season. Pretty hard to put up a plus even at a PPG. If defense was so heavily factored in here, I see a lot of guys who aren't all that great defensively either, put up less points than Kessel and are way higher than him. OV and Kovalchuk are ranked at the top, this list doesn't make sense after the top 10. I'd love to hear the argument because I'm having a hard time justifying having OV in the top 15 and Kessel at 47. Ovechkin has been declining, it's not the Crosby vs OV show anymore.
    If they base this list of last season numbers, then chara was better in terms of Points and +/- and he is the Guy for the bruins on defense. Weber had Suter last season and was lower than Chara in points and +/-. That's why i believe he should be ahead. just my opinion, obviously everyone is going to have their different lists.

And yeah, i went back and edited my post....all the guys i listed had less points and high - ratings. I think some of this is a popularity list....I mean, Rick Nash? Really..... Jarome Iginla? Really... those two right there should be lower than kessel....sometimes i hate these lists b/c they can be a joke.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast