Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Kessel is a PPG player and is a plus player in the playoffs

Staal is a .5 PPG player and is plus player (only +3 over Kessel)

Kessel isn't a defensive liability, when it counts his speed is a huge advantage over many in this league. I think he will be an ever better player under Carlyle if he buys in, also take into account that Kessel plays in front of unproven goalies and Staal played infront of one of the top goalies.

He's not a defensive dynamo but he isn't a liability either.
    While were taking things into "account" lets not forget that Staal is a player that has been matched up against the other teams best line most often. Anyway, if you think Kessel is as good a 2 way player as Staal then I don't know what to tell you lol.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    You can't even compare Staal and Kessel on the defensive side of the puck. It's apples and oranges. They're both in a different world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    While were taking things into "account" lets not forget that Staal is a player that has been matched up against the other teams best line most often. Anyway, if you think Kessel is as good a 2 way player as Staal then I don't know what to tell you lol.
    Staal may have been put against the teams best offensive line but then you have to take into account that Kessel has always faced the teams Top D pairings. Chara says high, he has been Kessels shadow since he got here.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234