Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Depends what you want. Obviously we're in fantasy world right now but if a Kessel/Staal deal ever did happen we're still missing something. Right now we're missing a big stud 2 way centremen but if we trade Kessel for that then we need a guy like Kessel for that centremen lol. I think Staal can be 1b/#2 centremen that if given an ENTIRE season in a top 2 role could net near to a point a game. 75pts/80pts range. He's gotten bits and peices of seasons on the top 2 lines but never enough. Can't chastize a guy because he's behind the two best players in the world in terms of depth on his own team before the Canes trade. He's got skill offensively too and plays the boards and a cycle game that'd have Randy Carlyle grinning ear to ear. Definitly a better fit on Randy's team than Kessel. Maybe not on a Ron Wilson team.
    How can you say he's a 75-80 point guy when his career high is 50 points.

It seems ludicrous to project that.

By this logic, get Kessel a premier center like Getlzaf and he leads the league in points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    I would trade Staal for Kessel just because of Staal's contract being guarenteed.

Leaving that aside, I wouldn't. Staal hasn't shown he can be a focal point of an offense at all.

He has routinely been Pitt's 3rd or 4th best forward and while he may be good enough to be a prime offensive player no one really knows.

He also has had injury problems the last two years.
    Thats not that big of a deal when option #1 is Crosby and #2 is Malkin. Staal has done what he has done stats wise without as much PP time as he would get on any other team in the NHL.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    You also look at who plays wing with Crosby on that team and you think to yourself ughhh really? So imagine what Staal's left to play with in a 3rd line role? The guy will get 1st line PP time and a top 6 role in Carolina. I wouldn't suggest 75 pts atleast as a ludicrous suggestion. Obviously not this season. But his production is going to spike.

vCash
    are you guys forgetting that Crosby has been played a grand total of 22 games in the last 2 years? Staal has gotten at least 2nd line minutes these past two years. He's still a very good player but he isn't the player Kessel is on the offensive side of the game. I could be wrong but i think Staal even got to play with Malkin for some games.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    are you guys forgetting that Crosby has been played a grand total of 22 games in the last 2 years? Staal has gotten at least 2nd line minutes these past two years. He's still a very good player but he isn't the player Kessel is on the offensive side of the game. I could be wrong but i think Staal even got to play with Malkin for some games.
    Yes. But in order to actually win in the playoffs Kessel would be a liability where Staal wouldn't.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    I just value the middle of the ice big time. The guys arguing in Kessel's favour aren't wrong in their points. I'd rather a big young top 2 way centre with a ring as a building block and some would rather a one demensional point a game sniper. Kessel is pretty awesome though no denying that. I'm pretty damn happy we have him.

vCash
    Kessel is a PPG player and is a plus player in the playoffs

Staal is a .5 PPG player and is plus player (only +3 over Kessel)

Kessel isn't a defensive liability, when it counts his speed is a huge advantage over many in this league. I think he will be an ever better player under Carlyle if he buys in, also take into account that Kessel plays in front of unproven goalies and Staal played infront of one of the top goalies.

He's not a defensive dynamo but he isn't a liability either.

vCash
    Check the plus minus on the Lupul-Kessel-Bozak line last year. He's got alot to buy into. Alot.

vCash
    is that plus minus accounting for the fact that we had a terrible defense and poor goaltending?

vCash
    Everyone pulls the weight. They put up ALOT of points to finish minus.

vCash
    compare Kessel and Lupul to Nash. Same situation, bad team, bad defense and bad goalies. He puts up 60 pts and is a -19 but he's a top 25 player...

vCash
    I'd rather have Kessel than Rick Nash to be honest. Nash is a tad overrated in my books. Kessel comes at a better cost and is younger.

vCash
    i know that's my point. The TSN top 50 is a joke

vCash
    TSN projected us to finish 13th in the east this year. Now thats a tsn ranking i agree with
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    TSN projected us to finish 13th in the east this year. Now thats a tsn ranking i agree with
    Hopefully that means 28th overall...sweet!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast