Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kessel Ranked 47th on TSN "Top 50 List"

Thoughts on this? Too high, too low?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=81134

vCash
    It's not a major deal, but for the record I thought this was way too low. I think Kessel deserves to be in the 30's. Nothing crazy like 10-20 but definitely 30's. I disagreed he was 47th he's arguably one of the better goal scoring wingers.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Tyler Seguin at number 31...in Burke we trust...I originally thought Kessel should be higher, but man there are some really good players on that list

vCash
    He should of been atleast 35-37.

vCash
    Tyler Seguin is not as good as Kessel at this point in his career.

Thats a really skewed ranking.

Kessel should have have been closer to 30 imo

vCash
    I wonder if Kessel is ranked so low because he isn't a "cpmplete player" so to say. We all know he's a one trick pony. I bet if he works on his defensive game (Carlyle will make sure of this) he moves up the list next year.

vCash
    Man, I'm not a huge fan of Kessel, and I hated the trade because of what we gave up (and especially the timing), but the kid takes A LOT of crap. 6th in the league in points, 6th in goals, top 20 in assists, least PIM's in the top 10 scorers, and the second lowest amount of TOI of the top 6. I don't know how much more you can ask... back-check? Who cares, get him some decent all round line-mates and a decent goaltender and I can live with his current level of d. So he's not overly physical... at least he's not getting injured (he isn't exactly huge). The trade is done, and if anyone really thinks that in his young career Seguin has surpassed Kessel in terms of proven value, their wrong... or at the very minimum biased. This is Sundin hate all over again.

vCash
    Except he's a winger, his defensive responsiblities are pretty limited and even if he was better the impact would be not as big.

Also defense for forwards is actually quite overrated, people overvalue how good it is except for the very elite or very terrible guys.

By almost any metric, Kessel was a top 10 offensive player last season.

Kessel's offensive season last year alone is enough to get him

vCash
    He's a top 10 point producer, the list is a joke after 11 IMO. Nash,Letang,Neal,Couture,Brown,Richards,J.Staal... I don't think any of these guys are better than Kessel all things considered. And if two-way ability is the reasoning, then you can't justify Kovalchuk and Karlsson being that high even with how great they are offensively, they aren't exactly defensive gems themselves. If this were a full 82 game schedule, I think Kessel puts up 90+ points, the guys going into his prime.

vCash
    He shouldn't be below Staal, that's for sure

vCash
    Kovalchuk shold be much higher than Kessel, he's a much better offensive player.

He should be higher on the list.

The real comparison to Kessel imo is Zach Parise.

Parise really isn't that much better than Kessel yet he's over 30 spots higher

vCash
    I guess the TSN panel of experts doesn't agree...going by what you stated, Kessel was a top 10 offensive player in the league...I wonder why the panel of experts has him listed at 47th overall??? Maybe it has to do with his lack of defense, but you said that wasn't important. Must be some other reason then

vCash
    In what world is a 82 point player, good for 6th best in the NHL, ranked the 47th best player? I don't care how bad defensively he is, that's ridiculous.

vCash
    I wish TSN would release what they based the survey on and who was all involved in it. Would help clear up some of the confusion.

vCash
    That's a joke. Even taking into account his lack of defense play he is still a top 40 player in this league. If we're talking offense then he deserves to be right near the top 15.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast