Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 310
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, aggressive looking religious tattoos. He knows he looks gangster as f'k. Flexing his bi's every time he scores.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not saying he's not a good person, or he's not kind. I just think it's a lame move when you know you're never going to have to get a real job, then decide, "All right, I'm going to get sleeved out now!" Have the balls, or the conviction to get sleeved out before you know you're going to be rich. I respect that. It's like Joe Rogan. He gets Fear Factor, etc. knows he's going to be rich forever, and now his arms are a work of art. Wow, such bravery. If you're hardcore like that, get'em when you turn 18.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    I hate Colin Kaep's tattoos. Dude was a 6'5 170, skinny-nerd in highschool. Then in college realizes he's going to go pro and get's all these hardcore looking tats. At least Russ. Wis. and RGIII are real men with clean arms. Don't have to get all prison tatted when they realize they're going to go pro. Friggin goof ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    Yeah, aggressive looking religious tattoos. He knows he looks gangster as f'k. Flexing his bi's every time he scores.
    lmao, so were you born in 1920 or something? Geez, I thought it was annoying when everyone made a big deal about Newton not having tattoos, but now people are flipping the spectrum and complaining about an NFL player having tattoos. I'm not a fan of tattoos, but they're also none of my business on someone else's body.

    And since flexing your bicep is now a gang sign, I'll have to be sure to alert my local high school's football team and warn them of these heinous acts...

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    I'm just saying, if the point of your tattoos is to convey a religious belief, couldn't a cross on your shoulder cover that? He knows the tattoos add to an overall intimidating look. Then uses the crutch of "Oh well, they're religious." Plenty of gang members have religious tattoos. And anyways, the Christian bible says tattoos are a sin. It's all an image. Of course he got religious tattoos, what else is going to put, "OG CRAZY KILLER" on his arms? Many athletes do this. They know they've hit the big time then get all sleeved out. I respect the person that gets sleeved out first then takes what ever life has coming to them. I respect the tattoo aficionado who gets sleeved out (or gets tattoos on his/her forearms) first, before they do anything with their life. I don't respect them based solely on the fact that they have tattoos, but I respect that part of their personality. That they're not afraid to be themselves, and express themselves honestly without the security of millions of dollars.
    Last edited by mattcribbin; 01-16-2013 at 12:57 AM.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,463
    vCash
    1500
    He does that solely due to the hateful article you wrote about him being a street thug and gangster.

    The tattoos are religious, try looking at them up close. He's a pretty humble guy and very smart.
    Last edited by Greedy22; 01-16-2013 at 12:55 AM.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,369
    vCash
    1500
    The best posts on psd are when people post on a subject that they don't have a ****ing inkling of a clue what they're talking about.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    I wrote no article. I just heard on ESPN that he got all tatted up in college and I thought "Well, of course, another guy who hits it big then decides he needs sleeves." Have the conviction to get all those tats, or at least start those tats, before you hit it big. By the looks of it, those were all done by the same artist in a few sessions. It's just a mad pose to me. I'm not saying he's not talented, or doesn't have character. I just don't like when people do that. I think it shows a slight flaw in character.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,369
    vCash
    1500
    So he got tatted up in college right? And don't you got to college at 18? Kind of seems like you're contradicting yourself.

    Besides, who cares why or when someone gets tattoos? Ridiculous argument.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,036
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    The best posts on psd are when people post on a subject that they don't have a ****ing inkling of a clue what they're talking about.
    Yeah right, Kaep has tattoos...that means he's a horrible person.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Yeah right, Kaep has tattoos...that means he's a horrible person.
    Yep. That's the logic here. Although I should like it. I'm guaranteed to go to heaven because my lack of tattoos means I'm perfect.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    I obviously said I didn't think he had low character. If he got those tats at 18, I can dig that. But if he got those tats his junior year when he knew he was going to go pro and was never going to have to work a real job. Well, I just don't think that's as cool. As I said, if your convicted on having full sleeves and displaying a message on your body, do it. But don't do it once you realize you're never going to need a real job. Do it the moment you realize you must convey that message on your body regardless of what position you are in life. I respect that. I just hate when dudes know they're rich or going to be rich then decide "Yeah, i'm a rebel, i'm going to get sleeved up." Maybe i'm wrong. Maybe he got those tats right when he got out of high school. I don't really care what he does with his body. I'm just having a few drinks and rambling. Ha!

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    According to the bible that all these athletes worship, yes, distorting your body is a sin. But no one talks about that. replying to OREcoast49er.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    7,330
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    According to the bible that all these athletes worship, yes, distorting your body is a sin. But no one talks about that. replying to OREcoast49er.
    As someone doing master's work in Biblical and Ancient Near Eastern Literature, allow me to say that you're making a large leap. There are many religious interpretations as to how this verse applies in both Judaism and Christianity. The only significant group who takes the hard-line approach you've suggested here are Orthodox Hasidic Jews.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,036
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    I obviously said I didn't think he had low character. If he got those tats at 18, I can dig that. But if he got those tats his junior year when he knew he was going to go pro and was never going to have to work a real job. Well, I just don't think that's as cool. As I said, if your convicted on having full sleeves and displaying a message on your body, do it. But don't do it once you realize you're never going to need a real job. Do it the moment you realize you must convey that message on your body regardless of what position you are in life. I respect that. I just hate when dudes know they're rich or going to be rich then decide "Yeah, i'm a rebel, i'm going to get sleeved up." Maybe i'm wrong. Maybe he got those tats right when he got out of high school. I don't really care what he does with his body. I'm just having a few drinks and rambling. Ha!
    so basically is what you're saying is that you would think kaepernick was cooler if he got a bunch of tattoos and hurt his ability to get a typical office job?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    I like how since Wilson had a good season, no one assumes his stature is a factor anymore. Correlation does not equal causation with Brees. His height's going to hinder him his whole career. Even though he's had a good year, you can't say his vision is better than a guy who's 6'5.

    Wilson isn't the complete package, none of these guys are completely. For example, Kaepernick has a drag in his throwing motion. Also, Wilson doesn't have the arm strength any of the above have. These guys still have a ton to prove especially Kaep and Wilson.

    Lets see how well they do next year when the league starts adjusting to these pistol formations.
    Wilson has a cannon.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •