Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Change is hard to accept sometimes...especially when something has been the same for so, so long. This upgrade (although not ground-breaking visually) will allow us implement many new features, and make existing features much better.

After a few days we won't even notice the cosmetic changes to the design...but the back-end functionality and new features will make everyone's forum experience better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    "The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

lol vB4 for the win!!! gotta weak the settings, vB4 is also a bigger strain on the servers, cannot revert back to the old version either..

so buckle up guys... get ready anytime a big event happens for the forums to crash....

you thought the forums being slow / crashes before stunk? just wait lol. Hopefully they upgraded their servers too
    Could've been a quick glitch with a fix for a bug being put to the live site. I'll keep my eyes on the server errors, let me know if you see it again.

vCash
    I mean you can't win. People have been complaining about wanting better mobile apps, and wanting more forum options, well the only way to get a lot of those things was for the upgrade to happen. Not everybody is going to be happy with one solution, but that's life haha.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    I mean you can't win. People have been complaining about wanting better mobile apps, and wanting more forum options, well the only way to get a lot of those things was for the upgrade to happen. Not everybody is going to be happy with one solution, but that's life haha.
    Well said...thank you.

vCash
    Because PSD was broken so they are fixing it.

but PSD was far behind on updates so they weren't getting much support from vBulletin. this should fix everything from spam to the mobile app.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Because PSD was broken so they are fixing it.

but PSD was far behind on updates so they weren't getting much support from vBulletin. this should fix everything from spam to the mobile app.
    Funny that you mention that because it actually breaks the mobile app. I'm looking into that - but at least we have a mobile skin now.

vCash
    I don't mind change, but I would really prefer if the new look is a little more neat and professional looking like the old one. Now this site has the feel of those cheap knockoff ones (*cough*S P D*cough*)

vCash
    I Like the old one more.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team View Post
    Funny that you mention that because it actually breaks the mobile app. I'm looking into that - but at least we have a mobile skin now.
    I didn't know the mobile app broke

awesome we have a mobile skin though

vCash
    I'd imagine this will grow on a lot of people that currently are saying they don't like it. Probably just takes some time to get used to.

But with the years of *****ing (rightfully so), we shouldn't be complaining. It might look different and that might bother you, but this is for the better.

vCash
    Gonna take a little bit of getting used to, but it's pretty nice!

vCash
    At least we could get some new smilies to make up for the horribiliness of the layer?
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I'd imagine this will grow on a lot of people that currently are saying they don't like it. Probably just takes some time to get used to.

But with the years of *****ing (rightfully so), we shouldn't be complaining. It might look different and that might bother you, but this is for the better.
    Meh, there's like 10 people who continually *****, and they'll probably find something else to whine about soon enough. Let's not make it seem like the majority of people wanted a change, when it was rather just an extremely vocal minority.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Meh, there's like 10 people who continually *****, and they'll probably find something else to whine about soon enough. Let's not make it seem like the majority of people wanted a change, when it was rather just an extremely vocal minority.
    I don't really know if I like it or not - I don't think it's particularly sleek or smooth - but I remember when I joined this site in 2007 thinking that the layout looked simple, boring and old. Compared to the other forums I frequented at the time it was. And it hasn't changed really at all since. I know it's the simplicity that attracts a lot of people, but in the end it's probably way best for the site to catch up to the times.

vCash
    Not a fan... the old one looked more polished. This just seems cheap. Guess I will just have to get used to it.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast