Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Korver <3 Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red222 View Post
    we did only in reverse
    No, we got a PG to start until rose comes back and Marco for KK.
    But i wouldnt mind KK here again but cheaper

vCash
    I would love to have KK back in the future

vCash
    KK is getting around $8-10 M three year deal next season. I don't think Bulls can afford to pay him that.

I got Bulls MLE for OJ Mayo next season. It's going to be either Marco or Mayo for Bulls shooting guard next season.

vCash
    Reading this article, you can feel he definitely wishes he was still a Bull. Funny thing is, I remember reading an article when he was picked up by Chicago, he was unhappy because he didn't like the Bulls.

Now I wish he was here. He looked sad playing against the Bulls the other night too. haha
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Smart View Post
    Wish Korver could have continued to play for Chicago and he'd still be very good with us if he were on this team but money talks as usual. 5 mill for him isn't as good as what we are paying Marco for somewhat similar results. But Korver is a consummate veteran and he will always be remembered here in Chicago for good things. At least unlike C.J. Watson, who didn't waste much of his time explaining that he didn't miss Thibodeau's hardcore practices.
    What's wrong with Watson saying that, exactly? I'm sure all of our guys wouldn't miss the practices Thibs runs if they were off the team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    KK is getting around $8-10 M three year deal next season. I don't think Bulls can afford to pay him that.

I got Bulls MLE for OJ Mayo next season. It's going to be either Marco or Mayo for Bulls shooting guard next season.
    That much for KK?

Oj Mayo has a player option of 4M witch he will probably pass because he has been playing nicely and will get a good contract that the bulls cant offer unfortunatly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    What's wrong with Watson saying that, exactly? I'm sure all of our guys wouldn't miss the practices Thibs runs if they were off the team
    I showed that he is a litle lazy... or it was taken out of context... idk

But since he left he has talked not that nice things about the bulls and some former team mates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I agree 5 mil for KK was a bit too much, now we have Cook who could possibly produce the same numbers for 1/5 the cost(right?)

No offense to your post, but if that were anything more than wishful thinking, Cook would not have been waived.

I wish he could play like that breakout season with the Thunder though!

vCash
    Right cause Cook wasn't playing behind Harden.

vCash
    ... and Korver was playing behind Deng/Brewer? It has nothing to do with who Cook was playing behind, around, or with. Cook's playoff run with the Thunder was brilliant, then he returned to his career averages.

I would take the sample size of Cook's performance spanning years over his one post-season performance every day. Add to that the contributions of Cook currently for this Bulls team compared to those of Korver, and I think it's a clear stretch to say Cook has any chance of matching Korver's production.

I would go one step further and say that wasn't even a thought when Cook was added.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O_T-1 View Post
    I showed that he is a litle lazy... or it was taken out of context... idk

But since he left he has talked not that nice things about the bulls and some former team mates
    no, it didn't show he was lazy. It showed that Thibs' practices are grueling, and players have said they're a lot tougher than the games. And what "not nice things" has he said about the Bulls and his past teammates? Because I haven't heard any of that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    ... and Korver was playing behind Deng/Brewer? It has nothing to do with who Cook was playing behind, around, or with. Cook's playoff run with the Thunder was brilliant, then he returned to his career averages.

I would take the sample size of Cook's performance spanning years over his one post-season performance every day. Add to that the contributions of Cook currently for this Bulls team compared to those of Korver, and I think it's a clear stretch to say Cook has any chance of matching Korver's production.

I would go one step further and say that wasn't even a thought when Cook was added.
    Yeah, Cook was simply for depth. He won't sniff playing time, and when he does play he's not going to produce as much as Korver did when he was here.

vCash
    no, it didn't show he was lazy. It showed that Thibs' practices are grueling, and players have said they're a lot tougher than the games. And what "not nice things" has he said about the Bulls and his past teammates? Because I haven't heard any of that at all.
    Well but not all players complain right?
    What im about to say is a crappy comparison but when i did amateur sport i loved the harder practices. On my mind was always what would bring me in the long term... of course we cant compare the intesity with NBA.

About what he said it wasnt that much bad, he said deron williams was better than Drose and he also said he was mistreated in the bulls after the last playoff game. I rather have the KK aproach as a former bulls thats all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O_T-1 View Post
    Well but not all players complain right?
    What im about to say is a crappy comparison but when i did amateur sport i loved the harder practices. On my mind was always what would bring me in the long term... of course we cant compare the intesity with NBA.

About what he said it wasnt that much bad, he said deron williams was better than Drose and he also said he was mistreated in the bulls after the last playoff game. I rather have the KK aproach as a former bulls thats all.
    sure you can think, and i'm sure CJ would agree, that without those practices the team wouldn't have been as good. But that doesn't mean you have to miss it. Just like with school --- nobody likes to study, even though we all know without hitting the books you won't do as well as if you did.

And so what if CJ said he thinks Deron's a better PG than Derrick? Does that honestly matter, at all? No, it doesn't. Plus, that's CJ's new teammate... can you imagine what some Nets fans would've said if he came out and said "Ya know, Deron's not as good as Derrick." It would've been a really bad welcoming from Brooklyn.

And yeah, Watson said he felt mistreated by the fanbase in general for how the season ended. As he was. Did he deserve blame? Absolutely. But he's right in the fact that --- the season was lost regardless since Rose/Noah were out. So even if we won that game 6, it would've only meant more games with the eventual conclusion of the season being the same --- no championship. Watson was placed into a situation that never would've granted him satisfaction from the fanbase (much like Boozer when people anticipated a 20/10 type of player every game). It wasn't his fault the team lost last year. Everyone knows it, yet they hated on the guy; moreso than he deserved after playing through injuries with Rose out.

vCash
    sure you can think, and i'm sure CJ would agree, that without those practices the team wouldn't have been as good. But that doesn't mean you have to miss it. Just like with school --- nobody likes to study, even though we all know without hitting the books you won't do as well as if you did.

And so what if CJ said he thinks Deron's a better PG than Derrick? Does that honestly matter, at all? No, it doesn't. Plus, that's CJ's new teammate... can you imagine what some Nets fans would've said if he came out and said "Ya know, Deron's not as good as Derrick." It would've been a really bad welcoming from Brooklyn.

And yeah, Watson said he felt mistreated by the fanbase in general for how the season ended. As he was. Did he deserve blame? Absolutely. But he's right in the fact that --- the season was lost regardless since Rose/Noah were out. So even if we won that game 6, it would've only meant more games with the eventual conclusion of the season being the same --- no championship. Watson was placed into a situation that never would've granted him satisfaction from the fanbase (much like Boozer when people anticipated a 20/10 type of player every game). It wasn't his fault the team lost last year. Everyone knows it, yet they hated on the guy; moreso than he deserved after playing through injuries with Rose out.
    Man i basically agree with everything you said (Deron vs Rose and the way he was treated) except the tranning part.

If he knows the trainning could lead him to the championship, whats not to like about it?
    He said he rather have this 30 minutes trainnings instead of Thibs ones, right?
    And he knows that with harder trainnings he can get better results, right?
    And he wants like every pro the best result possible right?
    Sill he says he rather have this 30 minutes trainnings????? He is lazy!

EDIT: I am one of the guys that always loved CJ... just to be clear
    Last edited by O_Touro; 01-17-2013 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    Because through a regular season + training in the off-season and such, 2 hour practices take a toll on your body. Not everyone is built like Lebron James.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast