Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Korver <3 Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Because through a regular season + training in the off-season and such, 2 hour practices take a toll on your body. Not everyone is built like Lebron James.
    That bolt part ... I agree and i change my opinion about CJ on this matter from lazy to weak.
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    then i guess 65%+ of players in the NBA are weak because at least 2/3ds of guys would say they don't like routine 2 hour practices during the season.

vCash
    then i guess 65%+ of players in the NBA are weak because at least 2/3ds of guys would say they don't like routine 2 hour practices during the season.
    Well if Korver, Brewer, Scal, Asik and JL didnt complain ... he only represents 16,6% of the former bulls bench complaining.

The thing is, it takes work ethic, effort, team spirit to be champion. We have to be ready for it if you want to be champion. Im not saying its not hard, im just saying that in my opinion saying that i rather have this 30 minutes than the hard work i had in the bulls doesnt look that good.

Its just that. I like CJ. I did a nice job last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O_T-1 View Post
    Well if Korver, Brewer, Scal, Asik and JL didnt complain ... he only represents 16,6% of the former bulls bench complaining.

The thing is, it takes work ethic, effort, team spirit to be champion. We have to be ready for it if you want to be champion. Im not saying its not hard, im just saying that in my opinion saying that i rather have this 30 minutes than the hard work i had in the bulls doesnt look that good.

Its just that. I like CJ. I did a nice job last year.
    That's where you're wrong. Watson didn't complain. He was asked a question about if he missed those grueling practices under Thibs, and he says he didn't. How is that complaining, or being weak?

vCash
    That's where you're wrong. Watson didn't complain. He was asked a question about if he missed those grueling practices under Thibs, and he says he didn't. How is that complaining, or being weak?
    So ok he answered a question so what. Maybe i am being a litle hard on him, ok. I am actyally one of the guys here that hates name calling to bulls players.

But lets get back a litle. To win you have to work hard, and you said that CJ knew that even if he didnt like the hard trainnings.
    So now he is asked if he misses the hard trainings and he says he rather have 30 minutes of training. Thats fine!
    Im not a nets fan... For me he can now practice 5 minutes i dont really care!

Now, imagine Cook saying now after a week, i rather have 30 minutes trainning than these hard ones here in the bulls. I am sure everyone would think "if you dont want to work move your lazy *** elsewhere".

vCash
    I'd rather eat at a 5 star restaurant than eat cereal at home.

preferring one over the other does not equate to doing anything wrong whatsoever. I'm sure all of the Bulls players would like to have shorter practices, or less frequent practices, etc. I ****ing can't stand chemistry, but I'm required to take four semesters of it minimum to get into medical school. Am I lazy? No. Just have a preference, and once I'm done taking chemistry in the fall I won't miss it whatsoever.

Same concept applies to Watson.
    Last edited by Shammyguy3; 01-17-2013 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    I'd rather at a 5 star restaurant than eat cereal at home.

preferring one over the other does not equate to doing anything wrong whatsoever. I'm sure all of the Bulls players would like to have shorter practices, or less frequent practices, etc. I ****ing can't stand chemistry, but I'm required to take four semesters of it minimum to get into medical school. Am I lazy? No. Just have a preference, and once I'm done taking chemistry in the fall I won't miss it whatsoever.

Same concept applies to Watson.
    That ended this chapter... nice point! Got to go to bed... cant keep up lol
    Last edited by O_Touro; 01-17-2013 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    i love me some hot sauce he needs to come back to the bulls for cheap

vCash
    Watson didn't complain. He was asked a question about if he missed those grueling practices under Thibs, and he says he didn't.
    Most Bulls players likely share the same sentiment of Watson to varying degrees. It's not complaining and never should be construed as such, but it certainly doesn't mean those grueling practices were enjoyed.

vCash
    Exactly, and that's perfectly fine to not enjoy them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Smart View Post
    Wish Korver could have continued to play for Chicago and he'd still be very good with us if he were on this team but money talks as usual. 5 mill for him isn't as good as what we are paying Marco for somewhat similar results. But Korver is a consummate veteran and he will always be remembered here in Chicago for good things. At least unlike C.J. Watson, who didn't waste much of his time explaining that he didn't miss Thibodeau's hardcore practices.
    In the regular season yes. In the playoffs he just disappears. KK has come and gone. Bellinelli is stepping up & Korver was as inconsistent as they came. He could be on but horrendously off as well. People need to stop living in the past. There is a good team this year with the roster we have. Bulls fans should be happy where they are at right now after 40 games without Rose (24-16). It's never enough.
    Last edited by akagiredsuns; 01-22-2013 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akagiredsuns View Post
    In the regular season yes. In the playoffs he just disappears. KK has come and gone. Bellinelli is stepping up & Korver was as inconsistent as they came. He could be on but horrendously off as well. People need to stop living in the past. There is a good team this year with the roster we have. Bulls fans should be happy where they are at right now after 40 games without Rose (24-16). It's never enough.
    All players whose only job is to shoot are inconsistent as hell. And how did KK disappear in the playoffs? A small sample of games last year made him suck? What about the year prior, when he shot 42% from three in the playoffs? Or the two before that in the playoffs when he shot 47% from deep?

Don't just talk out your *** using the MR. SSS. (Most Recent Small Sample Size)

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    MR. SSS

i like it

vCash
    MR. SSS

i like it
    Not knocking the application or terminology, but a small sample can be either applied to a hypothesis or discarded. That said, they rarely should be ignored.

There is value in looking at Korver's specific playoff performances, just certainly not as it applies to what akagiredsuns suggested. In this case, there are very real reasons Korver failed to perform in his last post-season that don't require any numerical analysis to discover.

I have taken 5 classes through my undergrad and current grad work on sampling. It's perhaps the most difficult mathematical science to master.

vCash
    People are still on CJ's back for what he said? Geez, people need to grow up. The guy did his job, he enjoyed his time here, and I respect what he did for us. He doesn't have to be a emotionless Thibodeau-yes man. Just follow the system, play your hardest, and I'm good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast