Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Korver <3 Bulls

vCash

Korver <3 Bulls

CHICAGO -- Kyle Korver's two-year stint under Tom Thibodeau was grueling, but it sounds like the veteran sharpshooter wouldn't have traded it for the world.

Korver made his first visit to the United Center Monday since being traded by the Chicago Bulls to Atlanta over the summer and may have given Thibodeau his biggest compliment to date after being asked how Thibodeau's preparations compares others’ around the league.

"I think the grass is always greener on the other side," Korver said. "Sometimes you're like, 'Man, we've got to do closeouts again? It's Cleveland, it's 20 degrees in this arena, we're at shootaround ...' You can't argue with the final result. You just can't. Thibs is a great coach, man. He's a very demanding coach. He couldn't coach every team because a lot of guys can't take it. But they have a group in that locker room who can and that's what makes them special. And they keep on finding guys who will and I'm sure that they'll continue to do that. But if you get guys who will buy in, you're going to have a great defense, you're going to grind every night and that gets you far in this league."

[+] Enlarge

Rob Grabowski/USA TODAY Sports
    Kyle Korver returned to the United Center on Monday for the first time since he was dealt to the Hawks.
    Here are some more of Korver's thoughts...

On if he still keeps up with the Bulls: "They got a bunch of new faces, but the core, what they're doing, is still the same. And they still run the same system, still run the same plays. We were going over it today in shootaround. They're still a good grind-it-out team and as long as they have energy and feel fresh they've shown they can beat anybody. They've beat Miami, they've killed New York every time. I think they're kind of just holding ground til Derrick [Rose] comes back and when that happens, see how he comes back. But they're going to be a force in the end for sure."

On why the Bulls have struggled so much at home: "I'm not sure why. I think when you're a good defensive team being on the road you kind of have this mentality of ‘we're going to play that much harder, that much better,’ and I think they have that. I'm not sure why they haven't been as good at home this year but they're still a really tough team."

On the Bulls’ success without Rose: "We didn't have Derrick last year, either. Thibs has a great system put into place. He's got guys that have bought in 100 percent. As long as those guys continue to do that they're going to be a tough team to play against. They play great defense, they play hard, they still have pieces who can score. They don't have the flashy plays that Derrick brought but they still play solid basketball and solid basketball in the NBA gets you a lot of wins."

On the improvement of Joakim Noah: "I think Joakim I'm sure worked hard this summer, but it's all been in Joakim the whole time. I think he just needed an opportunity and maybe a little bit of encouragement to take some of the shots and make some of the plays. I think when you're playing with Derrick, because he's so good, and because a lot of the offense is predicated around the point guard for them, you're not as aggressive doing the other things. You're told to 'Do your job,' 'Do your job,' ... last year Joakim's job was not to shoot jump shots and not to do other plays but now that he needs to do those things that is his job and he's doing those things. Joakim's a special player and I think everyone's known that for a long time."

On being a visitor at the United Center: "It was strange taking the shorter left into this locker room. My time here, it wasn't defined … we had good teams, we won some playoff games. We didn't do what we ultimately wanted to do, but there wasn't a game or a series that defined Chicago for me. We had 15 guys, 14 guys, whatever it was, that left it all (on the floor) every night, every day in practice, every night and there's something to that. You walk into this arena and you can feel proud about that. I've never been on teams that played as hard every single night as over the last two years here."

On if the Bulls could have won a title with Rose healthy: "Absolutely possibly. Possibly. I'm sure we'll play that game a long time. We felt good about our team. The whole year the whole mindset was, 'We're going to hold it down til Derrick comes back.’ And we really lived that out every day. Definitely a disappointing year. The lockout year was a tough year -- all the games and everything was tough. At the end of the day we didn't get a championship, but if you go back to anyone that played on those teams they'd be proud of the season we had because you really did put it all out there. At the end we were all broken and we were out of gas, man, but we left it all out there. It was a tough year from a health perspective."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...odeaus-process

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    KK was one of my favorites... the door is open has a sharpshooter role for the future.

vCash
    bring him back.

vCash
    For vet min, sure.

vCash
    I still wish we somehow kept him

“If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by --23-- View Post
    I still wish we somehow kept him
    No to this! For 5M we did the right thing getting Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    For vet min, sure.
    This. I would love him to be here but for the right price

vCash
    I wouldnt mind bringing him back next year for the min

vCash
    He's having another very good year, he's not signing anywhere for the minimum.

vCash
    Wish Korver could have continued to play for Chicago and he'd still be very good with us if he were on this team but money talks as usual. 5 mill for him isn't as good as what we are paying Marco for somewhat similar results. But Korver is a consummate veteran and he will always be remembered here in Chicago for good things. At least unlike C.J. Watson, who didn't waste much of his time explaining that he didn't miss Thibodeau's hardcore practices.

The Wizards' missing piece.

vCash
    I agree 5 mil for KK was a bit too much, now we have Cook who could possibly produce the same numbers for 1/5 the cost(right?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    He's having another very good year, he's not signing anywhere for the minimum.
    idk man... he is a 3pt shooter and thats it. He is damn good at it though.
    Last year with bulls 39,6% of his shoots attempts were from 3pointers .... this year its 42,5%.

I doubt he can get 5M again. But i have no idea what the min for him is so depending on that i assume he could get something better than that.

vCash
    I miss Korvy

vCash
    Trade Hinrich for korvy

vCash
    I would trade Rip for him but we need a back up C badly.

vCash

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast