Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mobile app is toast after update

You guys may still be working on things, since I think the site just came up a few minutes ago. But just an FYI in case you're not aware, the mobile app isn't working at all now.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Yup, I kind of guessed that would be the case.

In vBulletin 4.2 the mobile plugin is built in, so in order to upgrade I had to remove the plugin.

There's an API key that's required in order for the app to access the site API, and uninstalling (obviously) removes that. This was something I guessed might happen, and it wasn't easy to test in development. I submitted a support ticket immediately after the upgrade to vBulletin support, hopefully they'll have a solution.

I'm guessing I'll just have to regenerate the key and rebuild the mobile apps and send an update to the store. Might be a little while before I find out though. Apologies for that one.

vCash
    No worries, just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

Never leave us, content-team. You're the bestest.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Smart new look guys, nice.

vCash
    Nate there's a mobile skin now. Not sure if you've checked it out yet or not.

vCash
    How do we get that?

Edit: got it
    Last edited by Ian.; 01-15-2013 at 09:49 AM.

vCash
    Yeah, I saw that down on the style selector thingy at the bottom. I'm not on my phone now, I was just curious if this update had any effect on the mobile app. I was hopeful it would fix it, but alas.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Yeah, that app sucked anyways Nate. The mobile skin is soooooo much better.

vCash
    This is gonna sound like a really dumb question but what's the difference between a mobile skin and an app? Do I still have to use safari on my iPad to access psd?

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    This is gonna sound like a really dumb question but what's the difference between a mobile skin and an app? Do I still have to use safari on my iPad to access psd?
    Mobile skin just recognizes that you're on a mobile device so it cuts down on downloading graphics/images/etc. You can choose to use it if you want, or you can just browse normally.

It's still run through the site (not an app) just gives you a different look when you're not on a computer and helps the site load faster on your phone.

vCash
    Mobile skin not working on my phone and the app is toast hope we get a upgrade soon

vCash
    My app isn;t working at all now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Mobile skin not working on my phone and the app is toast hope we get a upgrade soon
    Go down the page. Right below the "permission..." box, there is a drop down. Select mobile style. There you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Is there an AP that works on iPad? Love the website but its hell to use on iPad. Nothing on this site is comvinient for paid users.

vCash
    So is the mobile app working for some of you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast