Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    Im only familiar with Coors light, Bud light lime, & Michelob Lime cactus. My preference of the 3 is MLC because it has a smoother taste. However, I want to stock one of my frigs with nothing but beer...a variety of good beer.

What do you recommend and what should I stay away from??
    If you want to drink beer rather than yellow. weakly alcoholic water, stay away from those you listed.

My suggestion is to buy what tastes good to you. You can discover that by going to a dedicated beer store like Beverages and more and buying a 12-pack sampler from a good brewery. Depending where you are, that might be Brooklyn Brewery, Stone, Dogfishhead, or the like. Ask the beer guy at the store. He may tell you more than you ever wanted to hear, but he'll recommend a sampler. Try each of them, see what you like, and buy more of that style from the same brewery and from other reputable breweries.

My personal preferences and favorites might not be what you like. That goes for the rest of the posters in the thread as well. I like super hoppy brews like Stone Ruination, russian imperial stouts like Old Rasputin, and smoked porters. Those are on the far end of the beer spectrum from the beers you have tried, and are an acquired taste.
    "The idea that the market will solve such things as environmental concerns, as our racial divides, as our class distinctions, our problems with educating and incorporating one generation of workers into the economy after the other when that economy is changing; the idea that the market is going to heed all of the human concerns and still maximise profit is juvenile. . . Are we all in this together or are we all not?" - David Simon, creator of The Wire

vCash
    Blue Moon, or anything heavier.

Light beer tastes like cat piss.

vCash
    IPA's suck. They're just an explosion of hops. Blech. Develop the flavor, don't just throw a dick ton of hops in and say "WHAM!"

Cheap: Coors Light
    Medium: Anchor, Bells or Great Falls - almost any of their brews are all fantastic
    Expensive: Goose Island Sofie - I absolutely love me some of this beer. It's amazing.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    IPA's suck. They're just an explosion of hops. Blech. Develop the flavor, don't just throw a dick ton of hops in and say "WHAM!"
    Most good IPAs don't do that...
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Yuengling is the way to go. Not really hoppy like a lot of better beers and it is easy to drink but doesn't taste like water like a coors light or similar beer

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Most good IPAs don't do that...
    Just about every experience of an IPA has been this way. There are very few IPA's I enjoy (Bell's Two Hearted Ale, for example, is one I actually like, but this is also because they use a lot of things like grains of passion to break up that hop explosion). But most seem to be in the Dogfish Head mold of "POW!" in-your-face bitterness and hoppy taste.

Blech. Give me any standard ale, lager, heffe, koelsch, cream stout, any stout really, over an IPA any day.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-18-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Land Shark and any Sam Adams.

vCash
    Green Flash: Hop Head Red

vCash
    Just about every experience of an IPA has been this way. There are very few IPA's I enjoy (Bell's Two Hearted Ale, for example, is one I actually like, but this is also because they use a lot of things like grains of passion to break up that hop explosion). But most seem to be in the Dogfish Head mold of "POW!" in-your-face bitterness and hoppy taste.

Blech. Give me any standard ale, lager, heffe, koelsch, cream stout, any stout really, over an IPA any day.
    Fair enough. They aren't for everyone, as evident in this thread.

But there are tons of flavors packed in a lot of IPAs. Yes, they're predominantly hoppy, but some of the most flavor-packed beers I've had are IPAs...maybe to those that hate the bitter/hoppy taste it's harder to notice since they become overwhelmed by the hop taste they don't like.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Land Shark and any Sam Adams.
    You say that now...I bet you haven't tried the Winter Collection.

vCash
    Just had a Saint Arnold Lawnmower and Left Hand Milk Stout last night, both were incredible and I'd put them up there with my other favorites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    You say that now...I bet you haven't tried the Winter Collection.
    Can't say I've tried the Winter Collection but I did think their Winter Lager was pretty good
    Let's Go Pens! - 16 Games Left

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Can't say I've tried the Winter Collection but I did think their Winter Lager was pretty good
    The Winter Collection is awful. Just a bad group of novelty beers.

The Winter Lager is solid considering it's a mass distribution.

vCash
    drinking dogfish head indian brown ale. wow.

vCash

Cheap: Coors Light
    Medium: Anchor, Bells or Great Falls - almost any of their brews are all fantastic
    Expensive: Goose Island Sofie - I absolutely love me some of this beer. It's amazing.
    YOU SUCK! JK IPA's are great. They definitely are an acquired taste. But then again, I think all beers are an acquired taste. Try a Stone IPA, I think you might change your mind about IPA's or at the very least say to yourself, "you know, that wasn't half bad..."

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast