Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 161
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,132
    vCash
    1470
    Cheap: Miller Lite
    Avg: Goose Island Honker's
    Good: Bell's Two Hearted Ale

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    15,947
    vCash
    1500
    Cheap: Alexander Keiths, Rickard's, Molson
    Medium: Pilsner Urquell
    Good: Fin Du Monde

    And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen



  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,577
    vCash
    1500
    Alexander Keiths, Bud Light, Budweiser are good. If I'm putting it in a funnel or stickin a key in the side of a can I could care less what kind it is though to be honest as long as it's cold.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rutgers U by way of NYC
    Posts
    911
    vCash
    1500
    Miller Lite and Stella Artois

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    63,797
    vCash
    500
    I really love IPAs. Love love love.

    Whenever I go out, if it's a bar that can accommodate this, I like to get a beer or two that I've never had before, then move onto something a little cheaper (I can't do the Bud/Coors/Miller lite type of stuff any more). I keep track. Here are the last 5 that I enjoyed.

    East End Brewing Company - Snow Melt Winter Ale (A local brewery...a rich hoppy/roasted coffee flavor...I've been going back to this occasionally, I love it)

    Leinenkugal - Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout (Heavy, sweet tasting...a bit too sweet for me, but there's a coffee/hop taste mixes in....not my favorite, but not bad)

    Three Floyd's - Dreadnaught IPA (heavenly)

    Terrapin - Hopzilla (usually anything with "hop" in the name gets me...perfect mix of bitter and citrus)

    Ithaca Beer - Flower Power IPA (one of my all time favorites, amazing aroma and amazing citrusy taste with a ton of hoppiness...all of Ithaca's beers are great)

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,647
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I really love IPAs. Love love love.

    Whenever I go out, if it's a bar that can accommodate this, I like to get a beer or two that I've never had before, then move onto something a little cheaper (I can't do the Bud/Coors/Miller lite type of stuff any more). I keep track. Here are the last 5 that I enjoyed.

    East End Brewing Company - Snow Melt Winter Ale (A local brewery...a rich hoppy/roasted coffee flavor...I've been going back to this occasionally, I love it)

    Leinenkugal - Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout (Heavy, sweet tasting...a bit too sweet for me, but there's a coffee/hop taste mixes in....not my favorite, but not bad)

    Three Floyd's - Dreadnaught IPA (heavenly)

    Terrapin - Hopzilla (usually anything with "hop" in the name gets me...perfect mix of bitter and citrus)

    Ithaca Beer - Flower Power IPA (one of my all time favorites, amazing aroma and amazing citrusy taste with a ton of hoppiness...all of Ithaca's beers are great)
    I'm the exact opposite with IPAs, I've heard it's an acquired taste but I struggle to finish just one lol. But if you love to try new beers, is there a Flying Saucer around you? They have hundreds of different beers there.

    As for Leinenkugels though, I'm usually not too fond of there stuff because it tastes a little too fruity and artificial but I tried their vanilla porter last week and I really enjoyed it.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    63,797
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I'm the exact opposite with IPAs, I've heard it's an acquired taste but I struggle to finish just one lol. But if you love to try new beers, is there a Flying Saucer around you? They have hundreds of different beers there.

    As for Leinenkugels though, I'm usually not too fond of there stuff because it tastes a little too fruity and artificial but I tried their vanilla porter last week and I really enjoyed it.
    I'm not sure it's an acquired taste. I was talking to a co-worker (PhD, fully of useless/science information) and she went on a spiel about how it's genetic and how we are all just programmed differently in terms of taste perception as well as the correlation between food/drink preferences between those who like hoppy/bitter beers and those that don't.

    But I don't know...whether it's acquired or not, it's certainly not something everyone enjoys.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,647
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I'm not sure it's an acquired taste. I was talking to a co-worker (PhD, fully of useless/science information) and she went on a spiel about how it's genetic and how we are all just programmed differently in terms of taste perception as well as the correlation between food/drink preferences between those who like hoppy/bitter beers and those that don't.

    But I don't know...whether it's acquired or not, it's certainly not something everyone enjoys.
    Well coming from someone who doesn't have a PhD, I disagree for whatever that's worth. I used to hate dark beers of any sort but now stouts and amber ales are some of my favorites.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    63,797
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Well coming from someone who doesn't have a PhD, I disagree for whatever that's worth. I used to hate dark beers of any sort but now stouts and amber ales are some of my favorites.
    Yeah. I don't know what I think.

    I do think there are people that you could feed 1000 of the best IPAs in the world and they'd never like it. I don't think everyone can acquire it...but certainly some do.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,295
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Well coming from someone who doesn't have a PhD, I disagree for whatever that's worth. I used to hate dark beers of any sort but now stouts and amber ales are some of my favorites.
    There's definitely science behind our perception of foods. There's an incredible amount of evidence to suggest children are more receptive of sour and sweet foods from a biological standpoint.

    Similarly, some individuals are "super-tasters" who are more perceptive to flavor in general and often have a strong negative reaction to bitter foods. IIRC, roughly 25% of the population falls in this group. I think that for some, an aversion to a flavor/style of beer is biological. For many, though, it's developing a familiarity with the beer and being more aware of how to analyze the flavors and appreciate what is going on.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:



  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Aruba
    Posts
    17,075
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JPHX View Post
    I'm on an Irish Reds right now. Killians is delish.
    I'm sorry but Killians is trash. I love amber/red beer, so I figured I'd try this. Looked awesome on the pour, thick head, great color, but it tastes like nothing. It is like red water. I'm not trying to be a beer snob or anything because I still drink miller, colors, etc. but I hate Killians for the fact it has no flavor and that only.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Aruba
    Posts
    17,075
    vCash
    500
    Best amber/red ale I have ever had was in Anchorage at Sleeping Lady Brewery called a 49er. So damn good.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,647
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    There's definitely science behind our perception of foods. There's an incredible amount of evidence to suggest children are more receptive of sour and sweet foods from a biological standpoint.

    Similarly, some individuals are "super-tasters" who are more perceptive to flavor in general and often have a strong negative reaction to bitter foods. IIRC, roughly 25% of the population falls in this group. I think that for some, an aversion to a flavor/style of beer is biological. For many, though, it's developing a familiarity with the beer and being more aware of how to analyze the flavors and appreciate what is going on.
    That's a great way to put it, makes sense.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,594
    vCash
    1500
    Cheap: Tecate
    Medium: Sierra Nevada Torpedo
    Better: Knee Deep IPAs (Simtra, Hop Shortage are my favorites)
    Best: Russian Rivers Pliny the Elder IPA

    I'm not a fan of beer that's been seasoned with anything besides hops. A lot of craft breweries make those dark/amber beers and put crap like coriander and other spices in, especially in seasonal stuff. Can't stomach those.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,899
    vCash
    1500
    Any stout. Thicker and darker the better. Guiness usually unless I'm in a good beer bar.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •