Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    How so? Nobody is baiting and we are 5 pages in. Maybe you need to take the homer glasses off.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Waukegan,IL
    Posts
    1,371
    vCash
    1500
    he deserved it that year...unless you are a Bulls fans and watched pretty much every game or watched pretty much every game nonetheless you have nothing to talk about honestly. A lot of the things he did that year were insane and MVP'esque. There were a lot of times where it was like okay is this a one man offense or what...because he was just that dominant at times...especially down the stretch...to the Bulls he was the important thus the most valuable. Just look how they crumbled against 76ers last year without him and how this year they just have nowhere near the offensive punch.

    Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    The Lebron argument for MVP that season is sour when you compare what he had to work with with what Rose had. Rose didn't have the second best player in the league (at the time) to work with. Rose didn't even have a Bosh level player to work with. Take Lebron away and they were still a top 4 seed no doubt. Meanwhile the only player Bull's opponents' defenses had to worry about was Rose. The way the Bulls consistently won in the regular season was: keep the game close the first three quarters with great defense, then let Rose turn it on in the fourth to solidify the lead. Outside of Korver or Deng hitting an outside shot, Rose completely carried that offense in the clutch. Boozer wasn't even in the game the last ten minutes if it were close.
    Best defense in the NBA/near historic defense is probably as valuable than a top 5 player.

    I don't think you can prove the bolded.

    The Bulls had far more depth.


    I think the talent level after each respective team's best player, while drastically different, is amazingly equal.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSportMessiah View Post
    he deserved it that year...unless you are a Bulls fans and watched pretty much every game or watched pretty much every game nonetheless you have nothing to talk about honestly. A lot of the things he did that year were insane and MVP'esque. There were a lot of times where it was like okay is this a one man offense or what...because he was just that dominant at times...especially down the stretch...to the Bulls he was the important thus the most valuable. Just look how they crumbled against 76ers last year without him and how this year they just have nowhere near the offensive punch.
    Only Bulls fans, who definitely are not biased, have any right talking about Derrick Rose.

    Got it!


    I think it's this type of stuff, and the "this is a bait thread", that get people frustrated with Bulls fans. Rose is awesome, but he's not a god. It's OK to say somewhat critical things about him.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,084
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    Yes, big time. He took an 8th seed to the best record in the east the following year. Big time overrated. Also, when he tore his acl.......his Bulls couldn't get past a Sixers team that many people can't name 2 players.
    1 that says more about you then most people because im sure most people could seeing as 2 where former allstars
    2 that bulls team all most beat us and not to mention they got the 1 seed without rose playing much of the season...
    Last edited by thevcballer; 01-16-2013 at 01:11 AM.


    2012 allstar

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,084
    vCash
    1500
    and yes there was no reason Rose deserved the MVP one of the silliest mvp giveaways in sports history


    2012 allstar

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,084
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Federal Reserve View Post
    Rose was just in the right place at the right time. He was lucky to have gotten bailed out by his team's great defense, which helped create for him easy fast break points. People forget that Rose was chucking up 3 pointers and taking unbalanced shots that were detrimental to the team's success. He was very inefficient throughout his MVP season as well as overall career. Rose is the epitome of a street baller who sometimes tries to divert from what is his natural talent. By the end of his career, Rose will be shrouded by the shadows of Allen Iverson.
    Not sure that statement is fair or well thought out most people allready would take rose over a prime Iverson building a team not that i argee with those people if anything Iverson will end up in his shadow.


    2012 allstar

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,334
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Everymanalion View Post
    Title says it all, I like his game but to me he is underwhelming and Stern was looking to give it to someone else besides the usual, it looked like a good idea at the time to give to to D.Rose assuming he continued to play well but injury and lackluster Bulls performances in the playoffs, most dissapointing/overrated MVP ever?

    Edit: I like D.Rose' game, I just do not like his off court persona but he is paid to play ball and nothing else, so this is not just hate. Just curious about where he is viewed by others.
    Pointless thread. And yes you are a hater. STFU.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,334
    vCash
    1500
    You think that because you have 50000+ posts you can talk ****. At least JB and others have class.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,345
    vCash
    1500
    lol,

    "Killer Instinct"

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,345
    vCash
    1500
    Bulls are playing great ball...

    "Killer Instinct"

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,604
    vCash
    1500
    The post season has nothing to do with regular season awards.
    Plus he's humble as any basketball player you'll ever find, so Idk what you mean when you say you dislike his demeanor.


    #wankfortiggins

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,620
    vCash
    1500
    overrated ? sounds like HATERS!!!! Rose hit buzzer beaters. AND TO MAKE IT BAD... LBJ WAS RUNNING FRoM GAME WINNERS AND ROSE , IN THE FOLLOWING GAME STEPPED UP AND KNOCK ONE DOWN AND SAID TO THE CAM " I DONOT RUN FROM PRESSURE" (SHOT AT LBJ?) The guy dominated his position that year. What else do you guys want ? To say an MVP is overrated is a diss to EVERYONE ELSE. By putting down Rose you put down the league . to say Rose year was not better than such and such is lame,its a cop out.....the only time the MVP award was weak was the years JORDAN PLAYED AND DIDNT WIN...think about it. STOP HATING ON ROSE...I PREDICT HE WILL TAKE OVER AS THE BEST IN THE GAME...(Remember i am not on the Melo band wagon ...i made the vehicle ..circa 2010...look it up)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    697
    vCash
    1500
    the bulls still expect rose to come back and be their franchise player so it's too early to make conclusions.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,620
    vCash
    1500
    From prior post thread read the middle paragragh ,now talk stats

    Lionel Hollins takes shot at John Hollinger for trying to trade Rudy Gay

    "The reality is that we have a very versatile small forward that is 6'9. There aren't many guys out there like that. He can post up, shoot from the perimeter [and] he can attack the basket. He defends LeBron James, he defendsKevin Durant and all these guys that are tall, and strong, and quick and athletic. We don't have another player on our rsoter with that versatility, and most teams don't. That's the bottom line."
    You hear people say that Rudy and Zach can't play together and they don't fit. They do fit! They need each other. Zach needs Rudy'sversatility, and Rudy needs Zach to post up and get rebounds.

    "We get hung up on statistics a little too much, and I think that's a bad trait all over the league that's taken place. And the media has done it because it's easy to go to the stats to make a point or to build up a player or tear down a player. Just the analyzing, I see it every time listening to talk show radio. You've got guys spouting off stat after stat after stat. The bottom line is going out and contributing to your team for winning."
    "Analytics has a place. It can't be the be all end all. I'm still trying to figure out when the Oakland Athletics won a championship with all the analytics they have. It takes talent. We had a guy a few years ago that was sending me emails about different lineup combinations, and he was saying, 'this lineup should be on the court a lot more because they're the most effective.' So, then you coach that lineup and keep them on the floor for 40 minutes. I'm going to stay with the lineups that I have on the floor. No matter what anyone wants to say, there are players that get it done in the last six minutes, they're players that do it in the first quarter. When it comes down to big shots, there's only a few guys that will take those shots, want to take those shots, have the bravery and courage to take them. Because there's a lot of criticism when you miss a shot. You have to be mentally tough and courageous to take those shots at the end of the game."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •