Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you think Derrick Rose will go down as one of the most overrated MVPs ever?

Title says it all, I like his game but to me he is underwhelming and Stern was looking to give it to someone else besides the usual, it looked like a good idea at the time to give to to D.Rose assuming he continued to play well but injury and lackluster Bulls performances in the playoffs, most dissapointing/overrated MVP ever?

Edit: I like D.Rose' game, I just do not like his off court persona but he is paid to play ball and nothing else, so this is not just hate. Just curious about where he is viewed by others.
    Last edited by Everymanalion; 01-15-2013 at 02:03 AM.
    NEW
    YORK
    KNICKS

vCash
    His post-season injury diminishes a regular season MVP? Stern? If you're going to create a thread like this, at least know what you're talking about.

vCash
    Search function

vCash
    This is the dumbest thread ever.

vCash
    Yes, big time. He took an 8th seed to the best record in the east the following year. Big time overrated. Also, when he tore his acl.......his Bulls couldn't get past a Sixers team that many people can't name 2 players.

vCash
    You're not asking a question, you're making a statement, you just don't have the balls or evidence to actually spell out what you're implying.

All that said, and I'm sure you haven't gotten this far, the only player who had a valid argument of MVP over Rose that year was DH. Statistically DH had a bigger overall influence, when you take his defense into account, but DRose carried that injury-riddled Bulls team in the clutch like clockwork.

And about the one point you actually do make, the MVP is a regular season award, and has nothing to do with the playoffs. And how the heck does an injury the season after he got his MVP effect the validity of his past MVP?
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    Yes, big time. He took an 8th seed to the best record in the east the following year. Big time overrated. Also, when he tore his acl.......his Bulls couldn't get past a Sixers team that many people can't name 2 players.
    Was- Spencer Hawes, J. Holiday, Iggy, Lou Williams. There is 4. ha
    NEW
    YORK
    KNICKS

vCash
    no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Everymanalion View Post
    Was- Spencer Hawes, J. Holiday, Iggy, Lou Williams. There is 4. ha
    Thanks

vCash
    Only reason I ask is because someone tried to tell me A.I. MVP season was more overrated than D.Rose and we had a little argument over it...thats all ha
    NEW
    YORK
    KNICKS

vCash
    As long as you have no respect for the following peoples opinions
    "Once again, I think they have got the MVP of the league. That kid has come into his own. He has matured quite a bit. When he came into the league, everybody said he had speed, he could get to the rim, but he can't shoot. Now he can shoot—the three, as well as pull-up shots. He has very few flaws. I'm pretty sure the next thing they are going to say is that he doesn't play good defense, or he can't handle a double-team. Time will tell. The kid works hard and I think he's a great piece for this franchise to rebuild with."
    -- Michael Jordan on Derrick Rose

"Chicago's Derrick Rose is clearly the MVP in my mind. I've had the opportunity to watch him play every night and I'm very high on the way he's developed as a leader. Now, his team is playing towards a 60-win season. He's been spectacular."
    -- Scottie Pippen on Derrick Rose

"Derrick has been tremendous down the stretch of games. What separates him from the other contenders for MVP is when you look at the Bulls' overall success. His winning attitude has become contagious. He's made great strides defensively, giving the same effort on that end of the floor as he does offensively. He gets better every night because he's so competitive. He stepped up on defense and his team has followed. That's the definition of leadership."
    -- Scottie Pippen on Derrick Rose

"Derrick is playing extremely well. He's definitely probably the MVP of this league. This guy had 30 (points) and 17 (assists against Milwaukee on March 26). He can affect this game by scoring and also by his teammates. He is just going to get better, which is going to be a lot of fun to watch. I think he has all of the tools to be one of the best that played the game."
    -- 10-time NBA All-Star Jason Kidd

"Derrick has been phenomenal this year. He continues to grow. He's not only a terrific athlete, but he has turned into a terrific basketball player and he's a great kid. He's a willing learner [and] teammate, and I have nothing but great things to say about him."
    -- Steve Nash

"He has stepped up and is now one of the best players in the league. I think he is a worthy MVP this year. But regardless, he's a terrific player and will have a sensational career."
    -- Steve Nash

"LeBron has won the last two [MVP awards]. He is my teammate, but Derrick has had a phenomenal season. Just looking at what he has done with the team and their record, how improved they are as a team and how much improved he is as a player. I think it's close, but I think I would give it to Derrick if I were a voter."
    -- Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh

"He's playing well, like he's the best point guard in the league and the best player in the league. He's the most valuable player if you really think about it. If you take him out of the lineup, there is no telling what you get."
    -- Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh

"Derrick is having a great year. I don't have a vote, but of course Derrick is one of the guys who is a front-runner. He's got to finish out this year strong. Of course, I believe LeBron is a front-runner as well. Those two guys are the leaders of the MVP run. I'm going to be biased and choose my teammate. There's no question about it."
    -- Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade

"Like I always keep saying, with team success comes individual accolades. D-Rose is having an unbelievable season. He's doing everything and more to help this team be a contender. There is no way you can mention the MVP race without mentioning his name."
    -- Miami Heat forward LeBron James

"I think the sky is the limit for him. You see now just with the improvement he's made off his jump shot from last year to this year how much his game has really gone to another level. I think he's just scratching the surface. He's realizing now what a jump shot can do. Hopefully, he'll continue to work on it and become a pure shooter."
    -- Kobe Bryant

"Hard working, good looking, no chest thumping, and modest demeanor; just a class act. All of that on top of his phenomenal play. He has taken a monster leap this year. What's really great about him is that he seems to love the pressure in putting his team on his back. He has the character and the demeanor to do that. Superstars have that character and leadership gene."
    -- San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich

"I would imagine that just out of the blue that Derrick Rose is going to be the guy. That team is what, first in the East right now, or tied? He's literally vaulted that team up on his shoulders by [Carlos] Boozer being out the first month and a half or so. I would say just on pure ‘one guy', individually, he's probably going to get a lot of votes."
    -- Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson

"I think [it's] Derrick Rose. What he's done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference -- they're playing some really good basketball."
    -- Two-time MVP (2009, 2010) and seven-time NBA All-Star LeBron James

"Right now, statistically, it's probably one of the best years I've had. But we'll see. The media kind of controls it. You've got some guys here that have done their job also. At one point, I thought Dirk [Nowitzki] was also [worthy] until he got hurt. But Derrick Rose definitely has gotten a lot of the exposure and a lot of the media attention because of the work he's done. He's playing some unbelievable basketball."
    -- Two-time MVP (2009, 2010) and seven-time NBA All-Star LeBron James

"You look at what he's done with his team, it's tough to argue D-Rose isn't the MVP."
    -- Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love

vCash
    And the Bulls crushed Miami game 1. Had chances to win in 2-3 other games but didn't.

Bottom line is, that year Rose was unreal and he made a decent team awesome. Just because they are playing well now doesn't mean he is not going to really upgrade them. He makes everyone around him better. You want to get mad about this, get mad at the coach of the year Thibodeau for getting whatever he has to work with work.

vCash
    hmmm lol a knick fan, using your argument amare stoudamire is the worst player on the knicks. i mean when he was inactive the knicks were rolling. novak>stoudamire. lol Oh and 3-0 against the knicks
    go bears go bulls go cubsray: go blackhawks(new fan) go spurs

ninja rap haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc

vCash
    come on bro .... lets smoke a little kush and you let the bad feelings go. i dislike Brons game. i think he is overrated, but i also think the league is overrated except for Kobe,Durant,Rose and CP3. with that said, Bron is a beast when he is on,and i will NEVER take away his MVPs because he clearly earned it playing against the talent pool .

vCash
    This thread <<<<

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast