Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    vCash
    One of the few benefits to the Blazers not having fouls called on them in OT... Another second off the clock...

vCash
    I'll take it... Any win is a good win...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seoulja389 View Post
    A cold Ill Will is a better shooter than iggy...it's sad
    Yep. Have no idea why Iggy was continually chucking.

Oh well, we escaped. I would say lesson learned, but that might be going too far.

vCash
    That was way more difficult than it needed to be.

Karl has got to get his *** out of his head and coach better. You praise Gallo so much...yet you completely ignore him in the closing minutes.

Utterly ridiculous how he can not touch the ball and they keep giving the ball to Igua who just can not shoot tonight.

vCash
    Good game a lot of big shots
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    Keep in mind that Dre was left out there to play the 2 guard...and since he didn't touch the ball all that much on offense... technically he was in there to play defense.

Stupid decision there Karl.

Good thing for big shots from Gallo and Ill Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    And why did we not give Gallo the ball so he can take the free throws??
    Probably same reason Gallo barely gets to touch the ball in the last 5 minutes of games and OT. Even the 1 time he got a pass in OT was as a last resort with very little time on the clock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Probably same reason Gallo barely gets to touch the ball in the last 5 minutes of games and OT. Even the 1 time he got a pass in OT was as a last resort with very little time on the clock.
    I orginally thought Karl just prefers one of his PG's to have the ball. He's always been a nut of the 2 PG's on the floor together..

But in this game, where Iggy had no resemblance of an offensive game. We kept going to Iggy, time and time and time and time again. Karl even allowed Igua to go iso.

I don't get the reasoning. I don't get how Ty can be having a good game and just give way to Igua. I don't get how Gallo can be having an excellent game..and he not even get the ball.

It's not like Gallo was just spot up shooting, the man was attacking the bucket on a consistent basis. It helped that he was also hitting his shots.

I don't get what Karl is doing but then again, I never did.

vCash
    4 out of 4 in this home stand. Not dominant, but gettin it done eventually.

Iguodala was a nightmare and our defense sucked *** in the end of regulation.

But lots of positives

Ty with a big game
    Gallo continues to be hot
    Faried is the real deal
    Does anyone still wanna trade Chandler? Huge addition, his return from injury. He can rebound, play goo defense and knock down that 3 ball. Good drives to the rim. Just need him to stop settling for that tough two.

Negatives
    No garbage time for JHam and Fournier
    Iguodala was horrible with his offense. Kept settling for the tough two or chucking threes. He needs to get to the rim and not settle for jumpers.

vCash
    This team needs Iguodala to get going and be a part of the offense. Didn't need it tonight? But I don't mind Iguodala costing us a game in te regular season if it means we know where we stand with him come post-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    4 out of 4 in this home stand. Not dominant, but gettin it done eventually.

Iguodala was a nightmare and our defense sucked *** in the end of regulation.

But lots of positives

Ty with a big game
    Gallo continues to be hot
    Faried is the real deal
    Does anyone still wanna trade Chandler? Huge addition, his return from injury. He can rebound, play goo defense and knock down that 3 ball. Good drives to the rim. Just need him to stop settling for that tough two.

Negatives
    No garbage time for JHam and Fournier
    Iguodala was horrible with his offense. Kept settling for the tough two or chucking threes. He needs to get to the rim and not settle for jumpers.
    Very excited with him, I hope he keeps it up. His shot selection with those 2's are not where it needs to be yet that is true but for the most part he's slashing, he's attacking the bucket, and most importantly...he's showing that ability to hit the 3 thus leaving minimizing Brewer's minutes so he can go short stretches of doing what he does best.

I always knew his defense would be an asset (I think he had another 2/3 steals while altering other shots), he is our most composed active player. Which will always make him a better defender than Brewer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    This team needs Iguodala to get going and be a part of the offense. Didn't need it tonight? But I don't mind Iguodala costing us a game in te regular season if it means we know where we stand with him come post-season.
    The way he was going about it tonight was completely wrong. Iggy is best suited to be the playmaker...attack the bucket, kick out when the shot isn't there.

Jacking up shot after shot after shot is no way to get integrated in an offense especially if you're not a shooter and Igua is most certainly not a shooter.

vCash
    I orginally thought Karl just prefers one of his PG's to have the ball. He's always been a nut of the 2 PG's on the floor together..

But in this game, where Iggy had no resemblance of an offensive game. We kept going to Iggy, time and time and time and time again. Karl even allowed Igua to go iso.

I don't get the reasoning. I don't get how Ty can be having a good game and just give way to Igua. I don't get how Gallo can be having an excellent game..and he not even get the ball.

It's not like Gallo was just spot up shooting, the man was attacking the bucket on a consistent basis. It helped that he was also hitting his shots.

I don't get what Karl is doing but then again, I never did.
    In OT Gallo set up a pick and drew a guard that was around 5 inches shorter than him. Gallo set up to post the guard and the Nuggets guard never gave a thought of giving him the ball. The crazy part is once Gallo draws the double in the post he is a willing passer.

Later on a different sequence I see Iggy dribbles almost the whole shot clock away before driving. Is Gallo that bad that he should not be allowed to touch the ball and he should only set picks?

I understand Karls strategy. I just disagree that this is the way to win games against the better teams in the playoffs. I feel Gallo and Farried are the best players on this team. I feel the weakest position is the guard play. So to make the the last 5 minutes of games almost always about Ty/Iggy/Miller does not make sense to me.

I'm a Gallo fan so I'm biased. I just get frustrated seeing Gallo shut out of the last 5 minutes of games so often. The shot tonight was a last resort pass not a real set up.

vCash
    The more he hits them, the better the chances Karl realizes it and thus orders for them to get him the ball.

It's a shame cause earlier in the season Gallo couldn't hit ****, no matter how many times he shot...but he still got shots at the end of the games even though he couldn't hit them. Now, he's playing much better..and he's an afterthought.

vCash
    The more he hits them, the better the chances Karl realizes it and thus orders for them to get him the ball.

It's a shame cause earlier in the season Gallo couldn't hit ****, no matter how many times he shot...but he still got shots at the end of the games even though he couldn't hit them. Now, he's playing much better..and he's an afterthought.
    This is exactly what I am saying. Karl trusted Gallo to get going and he did eventually. He's doing the same with Iggy, let him have the ball in a close game. We will know come playoffs whether we can trust Iggy with the ball come business time.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast