Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,809
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Yeah but KD lost with HCA and Kendrick Perkins is a proven champion
    Kendrick Perkins was arguably the "MAN" in Boston

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,627
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Kendrick Perkins was arguably the "MAN" in Boston
    Defense wins championships and Perkins was definately a defensive beast that series.

    They would've won in 2010 too but Perkins got injured. It shows how important Perkins was to the Celtics. There's a reason the Celtics haven't made the finals since trading him while OKC has been dominant.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,557
    vCash
    1500
    I think this sum's it up. In terms of being better, Lebron is to Durant, what Jordan is to Magic. All evolved are great, great players, but one is definitely better than the other and always will be considered on a higher level. Lebron is just better.

    Note: The above could be proven false if KD goes on a 3 year run averaging 36 5 5 for three years, winning 3 mvps and 3 rings.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 01-17-2013 at 04:33 AM.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,000
    vCash
    1500
    NO. KD needs to do it for multiple years along with putting up ridiculous stats if he wants to be on LeBron's level or pass him.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,076
    vCash
    1500
    I don't see Durant ever passing LeBron, assuming neither player gets hurt. The only real edge Durant has is being a slightly better scorer. LeBron has the edge in everything else+3 MVP's+a ring+300 more games of sample size to back up his numbers. Even if LeBron retired tomorrow, I wouldn't be so sure Durant could have a resume as impressive
    Last edited by The_Jamal; 01-17-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

    Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.


    The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    OKC baby
    Posts
    214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post
    I don't see Durant ever passing LeBron, assuming neither player gets hurt. The only real edge Durant has is being a slightly better scorer. LeBron has the edge in everything else+3 MVP's+a ring+300 more games of sample size to back up his numbers. Even if LeBron retired tomorrow, I wouldn't be so sure Durant could have a resume as impressive
    How are you still able to breathe with Lebron's **** lodged in your throat?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    I'd say that if those things happened it would be very debatable. It all depends on how he wins and if Lebron lays and egg in the playoffs similar to 2011...Too many variables for this question to depend on just an MVP and finals MVP to decide if Durant becomes the best player in the NBA. But I'll say that if he keeps up these averages and improves upon them in the playoffs while winning an MVP and finals MVP...it might be tough to make a case for Lebron as best player in the league next season.
    Last edited by amos1er; 01-17-2013 at 06:55 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mjokc View Post
    How are you still able to breathe with Lebron's **** lodged in your throat?
    lol...I know...some of these Lebroner fans are pretty bad. That one in particular was pretty funny though.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    NO. KD needs to do it for multiple years along with putting up ridiculous stats if he wants to be on LeBron's level or pass him.
    I love how that very same argument was never good enough when people used it in favor of Kobe back in 2008-2010. Lebron fans would always say that you should be judging based on "right now" and that past accolades shouldn't be taken into account when deciding who the best player in the NBA is "currently". I love how the logic changes all of the sudden now that there is a legitimate challenger to his throne.
    Last edited by amos1er; 01-17-2013 at 06:39 AM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I think this sum's it up. In terms of being better, Lebron is to Durant, what Jordan is to Magic. All evolved are great, great players, but one is definitely better than the other and always will be considered on a higher level. Lebron is just better.

    Note: The above could be proven false if KD goes on a 3 year run averaging 36 5 5 for three years, winning 3 mvps and 3 rings.
    lol...so Durant has to put up impossible stats that even Jordan never even averaged for 2 straight seasons and win even more rings that Lebron currently has to be considered the best "current" player in the NBA. wow pretty funny considering how all Lebron had to do was win his second MVP back in 2010 for you very same people to consider him the current best player in the NBA over Kobe. Funny how Lebron got such instant gratification without having to prove himself for 3 more straight seasons of beyond GOAT accolades.

    What if Lebron's numbers take a dive next season or later this season and Durants stay the same while winning an MVP and finals MVP...then would he still have to live up to these impossible standards you have set?
    Last edited by amos1er; 01-17-2013 at 06:45 AM.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    lol...so Durant has to put up impossible stats that even Jordan never even averaged for 2 straight seasons and win even more rings that Lebron currently has to be considered the best "current" player in the NBA. wow pretty funny considering how all Lebron had to do was win his second MVP back in 2010 for you very same people to consider him the current best player in the NBA over Kobe. Funny how Lebron got such instant gratification without having to prove himself for 3 more straight seasons of beyond GOAT accolades.

    What if Lebron's numbers take a dive next season or later this season and Durants stay the same while winning an MVP and finals MVP...then would he still have to live up to these impossible standards you have set?
    I mean, once Durant starts clearly playing better than LeBron we can start calling him the better player. I don't think there needs to be impossible standards...he just needs to be the better player.

    Me personally, I don't think that even means a ring. He just needs to prove that he's a better all around individual player. And right now, he isn't. He's close, but he isn't.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,027
    vCash
    1500
    Lebron is about 3durants
    NYK WAY
    [

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,611
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think Durant will ever be as good as Lebron. Bron is a much better play maker and an all around better player.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Yeah but KD lost with HCA and Kendrick Perkins is a proven champion
    I think I mentioned proven champion as the man though.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,176
    vCash
    1500
    No no no...that's just silly. King James is not being passed by anyone anytime soon. There is no one in the current NBA that will pass him and we all know that college and high school players are not the talent they once were.

    created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •