Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Gus Bradley for 2nd interview on tuesday

Per profootballtalk dot com Casey Bradley will be coming back to Philadelphia for a second interview

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ey-on-tuesday/

I hope he dosent leave without signing a deal to become the Head Coach of the bew and vastly improved Philadelphia Eagles...say bye bye to pass passs passs pass and maybe run.

Finally ahit everything that moves defensive mentality

I might be getting ahead of myself but im excited

Oh and Brian Billick could be calling plays offensively, but unlikely

IT IS WHAT IT IS

dont test my KNOWLEDGE

vCash
    A lot of this hire hinges on two things:

1) Is he flexible enough to realize we are going to struggle to run an effective 4-3/3-4 hybrid for a while?
    2) Can he find a quality OC to run an offense?

I'm usually a proponent of offensive guys, and very weary of defensive coaches, mostly because I don't subscribe to the "Defense wins championships" mantra ESPN just loves to shove in my *** daily. But that's more personal preference than anything.

If the guy can get us an offense that's going to be able to creatively use our weapons, we might be alright. If he wants to bring in some sort of a run-first, ground and pound mentality, I think he's going to go fully against everything this team has offensively (smallish back, and small targets on the outside). Use the amazing speed we have and embrace it, don't shy away from it.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I really hope Gus is the guy. With that said this defense can be a top 10 next year and it doesn't take a genius to figure out to use Shady/Brown as our main option in the offense.

vCash
    Billy B was a defensive coach, he's now tied with Tom Landry with 5 conference championships

It's more about leadership and direction and communication and knowledge then coaching...Gus seems to have that, I sure hope. It's scary not knowing who our head coach is. We had such a hidden luxury before

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Billy B was a defensive coach, he's now tied with Tom Landry with 5 conference championships

It's more about leadership and direction and communication and knowledge then coaching...Gus seems to have that, I sure hope. It's scary not knowing who our head coach is. We had such a hidden luxury before
    That's true. Like I said, I tend to be more of an offensive guy in philosophy than defensive.

I will certainly root for Bradley as I would anyone. I'm just going to go into this skeptical, and wont be jumping for joy over someone yet that I didn't have on the top of my wish list, 3 weeks ago, ya know?
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    When you think of philly you think tough, our defenses have always been tough and feared and they arent anymore. I know he can fix our defensive problem. Bringing in a Quarterbacks coach who is young or a inventive OC would be more likely what the eagles will do. But Bradley will know that running the ball keeps defenses honest

IT IS WHAT IT IS

dont test my KNOWLEDGE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdiddy3883 View Post
    When you think of philly you think tough, our defenses have always been tough and feared and they arent anymore. I know he can fix our defensive problem. Bringing in a Quarterbacks coach who is young or a inventive OC would be more likely what the eagles will do. But Bradley will know that running the ball keeps defenses honest
    I could care less what you think of when you think of Philadelphia.

You know what I think of? Zero super bowls. All that ****ing matters.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Curious to see who ends up calling plays for us if we hire gus. We might go D in the draft instead of joeckyl

9. 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM

vCash
    love it

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssss

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    a very good sign. My only worry is who knows how good his connections are with coordinators/assistants for his staff, having only coached for 2 different teams his whole career. Im sure he's the kind of guy that would hire a linebackers coach he has worked with in the past. Scary thing is guys like Lovie Smith and Ken Whisenhunt might actually be available for coordinator jobs

vCash
    PFT actually brought up the idea of Billick being interviewed so he could be the OC. I'm sure it was just speculation on their part as I don't see him leaving the both to be a coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Eskin
    ‏@howardeskin
    #eagles HC situation is crazy. Source just told me Gus Bradley coming to Phila to finalist deal. Think eag could have coach in 24 hrs. Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Eskin
    ‏@howardeskin
    ... Think #eagles HC could obviously have come down 2 Whisenhut and Bradley. Nothing done but source: finalizing deal w Bradley. Will C
    I'll take Gus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    i think Gus Bradly is the guy, it looks like he has that passion and aggressiveness that this team need. to be honest i always believed that Andy would never win because he is too soft the SEA games i have watched and seen Gus on the sidelines, he was always on his defense ***.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Eskin is a douche lol

Regardless we all need to cross our fingers and pray we found the next best thing

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calibird707 View Post
    Curious to see who ends up calling plays for us if we hire gus. We might go D in the draft instead of joeckyl
    i think Andy is going to take him #1, so the best available player will be on the Defensive side.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast