Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Derek Anderson to the Browns?

I was just reading about this possibility and if he does go I'd love for us to bring Matt Moore back as Cams back up if he's available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killakatsfan View Post
    I was just reading about this possibility and if he does go I'd love for us to bring Matt Moore back as Cams back up if he's available.
    I think the Browns could get in trouble with the league for tampering with Derek Anderson because they are not allowed to talk to him until he is officially a free agent. I am not sure if we get compensated if the league finds they did tamper with him but I would settle for a fine or sanction against the Browns.

Moore would be ok as a back up and I wouldnt have a problem with it.

The Browns have reportedly been in contact with impending free agent Derek Anderson about re-joining Rob Chudzinski in Cleveland.
    If so, it would be a violation of the league's tampering rules because free agency hasn't begun. Anderson hinted on his Facebook page that a deal was already in the works to return to Cleveland as a backup QB. "Looks like it is time to make a return to a familiar place for some unfinished business," said Anderson. "I'd be honored to return to Cleveland to play football if the fans would have me."
    Related: Browns
    Source: Mike Cairns on Twitter
    Jan 14 - 10:54 AM

vCash
    Brilliant, but whatever. With Chud getting the job in Cleveland and there not being a starting QB in Cleveland, this was bound to happen anyway. I'd be okay with Matt Moore (or Michael Vick, if he comes cheap).

vCash
    I hope we file tampering charges, and I hope the Browns face a fine. That being said, who gives a **** about Derek Anderson. I say bye. I would love to pull Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I hope we file tampering charges, and I hope the Browns face a fine. That being said, who gives a **** about Derek Anderson. I say bye. I would love to pull Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.
    The NFL came down hard on the 49ers on Monday as commissioner Roger Goodell ruled that San Francisco is guilty of tampering with linebacker Lance Briggs of the Chicago Bears and the team must forfeit a fifth-round selection in the upcoming draft and swap picks with the Bears in the third round.

Above is something i found online. So if we were to file tampering charges and win we could expect something similar to happen to the Browns. I dont care about Anderson at all but I think the Browns still tampered even though they didnt need too.

vCash
    I think everyone saw this coming, so it's no surprise. Anderson's only success has come in Chud's system.

That being said, if there was tampering I hope JR pushes hard, regardless of his previous OC being the new HC. I'll take a higher draft pick any way I can get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I think everyone saw this coming, so it's no surprise. Anderson's only success has come in Chud's system.

That being said, if there was tampering I hope JR pushes hard, regardless of his previous OC being the new HC. I'll take a higher draft pick any way I can get it.
    Exactly. Or, at worst, you hurt the Browns, and it's never a bad thing if you can hurt the competition.

vCash
    Exactly. Or, at worst, you hurt the Browns, and it's never a bad thing if you can hurt the competition.
    lol, you put the words Browns and competition in the same sentence. In all seriousness, though, you guys have a point -- it certainly wouldn't hurt getting a higher draft pick.

vCash
    The only competing I expect us to do with the Browns is possibly competing for #1 pick lol. I'm not saying I expect us to fail next year, but I can't see the Browns finishing better than 3rd in their division, with BAL/PIT/CIN all competing for playoff spots the past two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    lol, you put the words Browns and competition in the same sentence. In all seriousness, though, you guys have a point -- it certainly wouldn't hurt getting a higher draft pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The only competing I expect us to do with the Browns is possibly competing for #1 pick lol. I'm not saying I expect us to fail next year, but I can't see the Browns finishing better than 3rd in their division, with BAL/PIT/CIN all competing for playoff spots the past two years.
    Well, everyone is competing. Some are just better at it than others.