Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Well so far, he's had 1 chance with the Blue Jays. It's not like this is Adam Lind we're talking about.

But to answer your question more directly, a given's players opportunities to prove himself will depend on who he is competing with for the job. Right now, Colby Rasmus is competing with Anthony Gose. Anthopoulos has said that he wants Gose to spend more time in AAA.
    I don't mind giving him a bigger oppertunity if we were still rebuilding. But we're past that now. We need to win now. If Gose or even Bonafacio is doing well and Colby scuffles come June I have no problem giving someone else the starting role.

That being said if Rasmus can hit the cover off the ball than I don't see why he can't keep his job. But if he hit like the last two seasons I hope he rides the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    I don't mind giving him a bigger oppertunity if we were still rebuilding. But we're past that now. We need to win now. If Gose or even Bonafacio is doing well and Colby scuffles come June I have no problem giving someone else the starting role.

That being said if Rasmus can hit the cover off the ball than I don't see why he can't keep his job. But if he hit like the last two seasons I hope he rides the bench
    I wasn't saying I was a Rasmus fan or that I expect he'll play well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    I'm not sure why but I'm feeling a huge year from either him or Lind if not both
    Simply an 800 ops season from both would be extremely valuable. Really not that much to ask from them.
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Ugh as long as he's gone after this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12