Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Mets #7 Prospect for 2013?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luis Mateo

2 8.33%
  • Rafael Montero

3 12.50%
  • Cory Mazzoni

0 0%
  • Hansel Robles

0 0%
  • Cory Vaughn

0 0%
  • Phillip Evans

0 0%
  • Gavin Cecchini

3 12.50%
  • Jeurys Familia

2 8.33%
  • Michael Fulmer

13 54.17%
  • Domingo Tapia

0 0%
  • Amed Rosario

0 0%
  • Cesar Puello

0 0%
  • Aderlin Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Darin Gorski

0 0%
  • Collin McHugh

1 4.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I went with Cecchini as well. I did not like the pick when they made it, because I think a first round pick should have the potential to be a star, and safe picks come after round 1, but that being said, he is still projected to be an everyday shortstop. Even if he is not a star, a starting middle infielder is nothing to sneeze at.

vCash
    It's either Fulmer or Montero here.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Voted Fulmer, but tough choice between him and Familia

vCash
    Mateo because of his stuff and the fact that he is closer to the major leagues than Fulmer but it was a hard decision.

vCash
    3 years ago many players on this list (Fulmer, Cecchini, Mateo, Montero, Tapia) would have been ranked 1-3. The fact that they will be in the 7-11 range speaks volume for how much our system has improved.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    I went with Fulmer. I was thrilled when they drafted him last year. I could have went with Montero, Mateo, or Cecchini but Fulmer's still very young and was very good in a full season league last year.

vCash
    Time to vote for the 3rd best arm from Oklahoma in 2011 draft. Whats not to like about him! ALL FRIGGIN BUSINESS!

Niese, Wheeler, Harvey, Fulmer, and the guy from Toronto! The only argument in 2015 will be order of ability!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Went with Montero.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I went with Fulmer here but I could have easily voted for Montero. I just think Fulmer has the potential to be a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Familia has the best stuff and is closer to MLB.

Mateo is an RP. He was wild in the K-zone. Hitters in the NYP couldn't hit him, but he'll get hit at higher levels. He didn't maintain velocity deep into games and his last 5-6 games he struggled to reach 95 mph after touching 98 earlier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Cechinni for me. He gets way too much hate on this board. He projects to be a starting middle infielder who can give .280-300 avg/10 HRs/15 SBs and really good defense.

People obsess too much over being super athletic/"toolsy"...Jeter doesn't really have 1 tool that stands out and look at him.
    I can't force that video out of my mind of him hitting in game action where he looked awful. His swing was hideous and I don't think he had a solidly hit ball, foul or not, in the video. Every one of his swings looked like what Frank Thomas looked like when he got badly fooled on a pitch (where he didn't clear his hips), except Cecchini has 5-10 HR power and isn't arguably one of the top 10 pure hitters of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I can't force that video out of my mind of him hitting in game action where he looked awful. His swing was hideous and I don't think he had a solidly hit ball, foul or not, in the video. Every one of his swings looked like what Frank Thomas looked like when he got badly fooled on a pitch (where he didn't clear his hips), except Cecchini has 5-10 HR power and isn't arguably one of the top 10 pure hitters of all time.
    His swing doesn't look that bad at all. This doesn't qualify as hard contact?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...R2WUtKjQ#t=18s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    His swing doesn't look that bad at all. This doesn't qualify as hard contact?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...R2WUtKjQ#t=18s
    He looks unbalanced a lot. He's short to the ball but his bat doesn't really seem that quick but I agree his swing isn't as bad as he's making it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Fulmer gets this spot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12