Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the Mets #7 Prospect for 2013?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luis Mateo

    2 8.33%
  • Rafael Montero

    3 12.50%
  • Cory Mazzoni

    0 0%
  • Hansel Robles

    0 0%
  • Cory Vaughn

    0 0%
  • Phillip Evans

    0 0%
  • Gavin Cecchini

    3 12.50%
  • Jeurys Familia

    2 8.33%
  • Michael Fulmer

    13 54.17%
  • Domingo Tapia

    0 0%
  • Amed Rosario

    0 0%
  • Cesar Puello

    0 0%
  • Aderlin Rodriguez

    0 0%
  • Darin Gorski

    0 0%
  • Collin McHugh

    1 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,162
    vCash
    1500

    2013 PSD Mets Forum #7 Mets Prospect

    Vote for who you think is the Mets #7 prospect for 2013.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,795
    vCash
    1500
    Fulmer until he wins.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,162
    vCash
    1500
    In the last round I gave Montero a a vote, I will give one to Mateo this time around.

    Mateo's Slider/Fastball combination along with excellent command gives him the edge over Fulmer and Tapia for me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,625
    vCash
    1500
    For me this is a tough call between Fulmer and Montero.

    I think there's some question about what Fulmer can become, but it seems like most scouts are leaning towards mid-rotation starter.

    If that's the case, I go with Montero here. His performances have been impressive to say the least. Nothing amazing other than his command - but to me that sounds like a guy that can rapidly work his way to the majors as a solid mid rotation starter. I think he's got a legit shot at the majors by 2014.
    Go Grab My Belt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,795
    vCash
    1500
    I look at Fulmer's mid-90's fastball, good breaking ball, improving command at age 19 with a solid durable frame and see a possible #2/#3 starter. The age and upside gives Fulmer the edge here for me over Cecchini, Mateo, Montero, etc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,417
    vCash
    1500
    Gonna go with Fulmer. I like his chances to reach his potential.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsOfQueens View Post
    Gonna go with Fulmer. I like his chances to reach his potential.
    His potential is similar to Mateo and Montero and those 2 guys have superior command, chances are better that one of those 2 guys reaches their potential and sooner.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,795
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    His potential is similar to Mateo and Montero and those 2 guys have superior command, chances are better that one of those 2 guys reaches their potential and sooner.
    He's also 3 years younger than both of them. Can't stress that enough.

    Where do you think Fulmer will be in 3 years? Probably the majors or AAA.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,162
    vCash
    1500
    Age is a positive thing for him, but should not be the main reason to vote for him when he has similar upsides to other 2 guys.

    In 3 years he may in deed be in the majors, but so will the other 2 guys if all goes well for all three of them.

    In the last round I voted for Montero because he is likely to be in the majors in 2014.

    This round I voted for Mateo because he has the best 2 pitch and command combination of maybe all the pitchers in the system and that includes Wheeler/Harvey/Syndergaard.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,795
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Age is a positive thing for him, but should not be the main reason to vote for him when he has similar upsides to other 2 guys.

    In 3 years he may in deed be in the majors, but so will the other 2 guys if all goes well for all three of them.

    In the last round I voted for Montero because he is likely to be in the majors in 2014.

    This round I voted for Mateo because he has the best 2 pitch and command combination of maybe all the pitchers in the system and that includes Wheeler/Harvey/Syndergaard.
    I think Mateo has a higher upside, but since he's older I think he's less likely to reach that ceiling because of his lack of change-up. Fulmer has more time to develop his change and command.

    Montero has the lowest upside of the 3, with a higher floor. But since he has no plus pitch, I want to see how he does in AA before jumping on his bandwagon.

    Cecchini should also be in the discussion as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Going Fulmer here.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,162
    vCash
    1500
    I saw Mateo twice last year and I love his arsenal, but the one reason why am not sold that he could be better than a #3 despite his stuff is that he just did not looked overpowering to me. I dunno if he will be as good at higher levels as I mention earlier in the season Robles to me was more impressive. Robles looked downright filthy in the end of the season. I am hoping that Mateo will be as dominant as his stuff is. If he has a similar year in a long season team, imo he could be the #1 prospect come next year or top 3 at least.

    Montero just knows how to pitch and imo he is an overachiever and a guys like him end up having solid careers, and like I said I think we could see him in 2014 and yes his floor is higher than the other 2.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,916
    vCash
    1500
    I went Montero. He pretty much reminds me of Jeremy Hellickson when he came through the FSL. That's a high enough ceiling for me. I think Fulmer is close though. So are several others.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,547
    vCash
    1500
    Cechinni for me. He gets way too much hate on this board. He projects to be a starting middle infielder who can give .280-300 avg/10 HRs/15 SBs and really good defense.

    People obsess too much over being super athletic/"toolsy"...Jeter doesn't really have 1 tool that stands out and look at him.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,795
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Cechinni for me. He gets way too much hate on this board. He projects to be a starting middle infielder who can give .280-300 avg/10 HRs/15 SBs and really good defense.

    People obsess too much over being super athletic/"toolsy"...Jeter doesn't really have 1 tool that stands out and look at him.
    I like Cecchini too and I feel the same way, but I like Fulmer more at this point.

    As for Jeter, the tool that stands out the most for him is his great "hit" tool and off the charts make-up. Make-up is important to be a big leaguer.

    Cecchini has great make-up, and all he has to do is hit and stick at SS to be a valuable asset.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •