Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nobody is mad, but you seem to not be able to grasp what others are saying because you are holding onto you facts for dear life and ignore, dismiss, and throw out fact that prove your point wrong, so I have to put in in caps to show you that.

    Kingsport and the Appy League is one of the most hitting friendly leagues in the minors, just about any player going from there to long season ball will have issues. Look at all the guys who did well there in 2011 and went to Savannah, Pron and a couple of other had issues.

    ...but there in your answer say it all, YOU BELIEVE THAT IS HARDER TO HIT HOMERS IN THE SAL, THAN FSL. Hence you will keep ignoring facts that suggest otherwise, so there is nothing more to be said from your perspective.

    ...and now you want to add Gomez into the mix a guy that had 75 at bats in the FSL to try and prove your point. 75 at bats? really 75 at bats? does the SSS mean anything to you?

    again grasping at straws.
    Then why did Maron still do very well going from Kingsport to Savannah?

    Alonzo Harris, Josh Satin, and Eric Campbell also hit for more power away from Savannah.

    Ok, Gomez was grasping at straws, but he still mashed 4 HR in those few bats compared to only 2 in Savannah.

    Also, obviously not everyone is going to have better numbers in St. Lucie because like you said it's a higher level and not everyone is capable of making the jump.

    Other than Rivera, no player you showed me really struggled power-wise going from Savannah to St. Lucie, and guys that repeated Savannah don't really count because they were able to adjust to the league.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-20-2013 at 11:30 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ...but there in your answer say it all, YOU BELIEVE THAT IS HARDER TO HIT HOMERS IN THE SAL, THAN FSL. Hence you will keep ignoring facts that suggest otherwise, so there is nothing more to be said from your perspective.
    I missed this, I did NOT say that. I said specifically Savannah, not the SAL as a whole. Again, discounting the fact that Savannah plays in an extreme pitcher's park.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,830
    vCash
    1500
    Actually, Grayson Stadium is pitcher-friendly. The wall - it's 310 to right - juts out sharply from both foul lines, creating deep power alleys and a center-field fence 420 feet away.

    "Gap to gap, you can't hit it out," Sand Gnat Manager Paul Carey said. "It's not a hitter's park, that's for sure."

    He tells every batter the same thing: Forget about the wall and maintain your normal swing.
    Find me something that says that about Digital Domain park.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Then why did Maron still do very well going from Kingsport to Savannah?

    Alonzo Harris, Josh Satin, and Eric Campbell also hit for more power away from Savannah.

    Ok, Gomez was grasping at straws, but he still mashed 4 HR in those few bats compared to only 2 in Savannah.

    Also, obviously not everyone is going to have better numbers in St. Lucie because like you said it's a higher level and not everyone is capable of making the jump.

    Other than Rivera, no player you showed me really struggled power-wise going from Savannah to St. Lucie, and guys that repeated Savannah don't really count because they were able to adjust to the league.
    There will always be examples of guys that do well at Kingsport and then Savannah, it does not mean that is the norm. Most guys struggle with that jump.

    ...and again nobody is saying that Grayson stadium is hitter friendly or am I speaking another language here and when you translate it it actually means that I said the opposite?

    I showed that Flores' power also went down and his homers dropped by almost half when he moved from one league to the other, but yeah, because it goes against your poit we need to dismiss it and throw it away.

    For the most part guys hit for similar power in the FSL and SAL, there will be guys who hit better in one league and not the other and vice versa.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Find me something that says that about Digital Domain park.
    According to their site Grayson field is 400 feet to center, 322 to left field and 310 to right field.

    Digital Domain Park in St. Lucie has the old She Stadium dimensions 410 to center field and 338 to LF and RF.

    It seems you can get cheap homers down the RF line in Grayson stadium which a left handed hitter like Maron would probably do.

    I know from reading dugmet's post about Grayson field is that the wall is really high, but again nobody is saying that that stadium is hitter friendly. The point remains that the FSL and SAL are both pitching friendly leagues and just because one guy hit 3 homers at Grayson field does not mean his power is that superior to a guy who hit 3 at DDP.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    There will always be examples of guys that do well at Kingsport and then Savannah, it does not mean that is the norm. Most guys struggle with that jump.

    ...and again nobody is saying that Grayson stadium is hitter friendly or am I speaking another language here and when you translate it it actually means that I said the opposite?

    I showed that Flores' power also went down and his homers dropped by almost half when he moved from one league to the other, but yeah, because it goes against your poit we need to dismiss it and throw it away.

    For the most part guys hit for similar power in the FSL and SAL, there will be guys who hit better in one league and not the other and vice versa.
    Yeah, but Flores repeated Savannah so he adjusted to the league. He was just 18 years old in St. Lucie when he moved up, and that's not a huge sample size either. I think it's better to look at full seasons.

    All I'm saying is that imo Maron has more power than Thole just from what I've seen from his swing and the numbers they've put up. Maron has already matched Thole's minor league HR total in nearly 1000 less PA.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah, but Flores repeated Savannah so he adjusted to the league. He was just 18 years old in St. Lucie when he moved up, and that's not a huge sample size either. I think it's better to look at full seasons.

    All I'm saying is that imo Maron has more power than Thole just from what I've seen from his swing and the numbers they've put up. Maron has already matched Thole's minor league HR total in nearly 1000 less PA.
    Well lets look at full season, Flores struggled in St. Lucie in 2011 when he was repeating the league for the 2nd time. He only did well in his 3rd season there.

    ...and the sample size is identical from one league to the other that year. I could easily made the point that Flores was only 17-18 when he played in Savannah that first year and may have been too young to be there.

    Maron probably does have more pop than Thole, but is not like Maron is a guy that will mash either and again as I mention he will need to control other parts of his game for him to become a better player than a Thole. He will need to maintain his walk rates and not let his K rates get out of hand and most importantly he will need to improve his defense to be considered a better prospect going forward.

    If he goes and hits .300 and post another .400 OBP and hits 10 homers in the FSL next year you bet your *** that he will be considered a much better prospect next year even if defense just slightly improves.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    According to their site Grayson field is 400 feet to center, 322 to left field and 310 to right field.

    Digital Domain Park in St. Lucie has the old She Stadium dimensions 410 to center field and 338 to LF and RF.

    It seems you can get cheap homers down the RF line in Grayson stadium which a left handed hitter like Maron would probably do.

    I know from reading dugmet's post about Grayson field is that the wall is really high, but again nobody is saying that that stadium is hitter friendly. The point remains that the FSL and SAL are both pitching friendly leagues and just because one guy hit 3 homers at Grayson field does not mean his power is that superior to a guy who hit 3 at DDP.
    I don't think those numbers are accurate. Grayson Stadium is killer in the power alleys even if they are.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I don't think those numbers are accurate. Grayson Stadium is killer in the power alleys even if they are.
    That is what wilkepedia and their site say, the power alleys may indeed be deeper than those of DDP, but not in those places. Even in the article you mention the guy says is pretty short to RF, 310 is Yankee Stadium short.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well lets look at full season, Flores struggled in St. Lucie in 2011 when he was repeating the league for the 2nd time. He only did well in his 3rd season there.

    ...and the sample size is identical from one league to the other that year. I could easily made the point that Flores was only 17-18 when he played in Savannah that first year and may have been too young to be there.

    Maron probably does have more pop than Thole, but is not like Maron is a guy that will mash either and again as I mention he will need to control other parts of his game for him to become a better player than a Thole. He will need to maintain his walk rates and not let his K rates get out of hand and most importantly he will need to improve his defense to be considered a better prospect going forward.

    If he goes and hits .300 and post another .400 OBP and hits 10 homers in the FSL next year you bet your *** that he will be considered a much better prospect next year even if defense just slightly improves.
    Fair enough. Can't really argue with that.

    As for Maron his K rates are pretty solid given his walk rate. He controls the strike zone well. I don't think he will hit 10 HR next year personally, but it's not out of the question. I think he'll hit 5-8 HR in St. Lucie.

    His defense is what matters most though, because I'm honestly not worried about him hitting enough. Now that we have d'Arnaud, I'm glad we don't have to rush any of our guys.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,177
    vCash
    1500
    His K rates went up to close to 18% of the time last year, he will need to keep it around there. He also is a guy that has had seriously high BABIP's in his career, I expect that to come down going forward as well.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Cecchini doesn't project as a future standout in any one area of the game -- atypical of such a high selection. Instead, scouts feel that as a true shortstop prospect he's as good a bet as anyone in his age-group to reach the show -- balancing the relatively low reward with less risk as well.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    His K rates went up to close to 18% of the time last year, he will need to keep it around there. He also is a guy that has had seriously high BABIP's in his career, I expect that to come down going forward as well.
    Yeah but his walk rate was 13%. As for his BABIP, I don't think it will regress much until he reaches AAA or the majors.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,011
    vCash
    1500
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

    4. Zack Wheeler, Mets: After being picked sixth overall by the Giants in 2009 and signing for $3.3 million, Wheeler was traded to the Mets for Carlos Beltran in ‘11. Wheeler split time between Double-A and Triple-A last season, pitching well at both levels while generating a lot of strikeouts. Wheeler’s fastball and curveball are both considered plus, and he complements them with a slider and changeup. Wheeler has made the trade with the Giants look like a coup for the Mets, as he has all the tools to become a frontline starter.
    Mayo's list of top 10 RHP prospects for this season..

    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...71672&c_id=mlb

    That's the video associated.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    His K rates went up to close to 18% of the time last year, he will need to keep it around there. He also is a guy that has had seriously high BABIP's in his career, I expect that to come down going forward as well.
    One more point about the difference between St. Lucie and Savannah. From Toby Hyde:

    For reference, allow me to present the park factors from Minor League Central for 2011 (where 100 is league average) for the Mets’ three affiliates, and their rank in their respective league, where 1 is the most hitter friendly, DePodesta discussed here:
    St. Lucie – 111 (2 of 12)
    Savannah – 92 (12 of 14)

    Brooklyn – 93 (11 of 14)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •