Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

mike olt a possibility?

Im sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread but i havent had the time to read every page of every post....that being said what do you guys think about the possibility of trying to trade for mike olt. With all this uncertainty of the napoli deal getting done, and who knows how serious we are about morse, i believe olt could be agreat option. Im from CT so ive followed olt for a while. He has tremendous upside and could prove to be useful. I know we have middlebrooks at 3b and im excited to see how he performs this year so i would put olt at 1b like texas was going to do. If middlebrooks doesnt pan out then we have olt to slide over there. He has even played some games in rightfield. So say bogaerts does end up making the switch to 3rd then we can try middlebrooks at 1b and slide olt to rf. With this guys power from the right side he could destroy the green monster and be a middle of the order bat for years to come.

Ellsbury
    Pedroia
    Victorino
    Ortiz
    Olt
    Middlebrooks
    Ghomes
    Salty
    Drew\iglesias

Then add in bogaerts and bradley at some point this year or next...i like that lineup.

The only thing is idk how much it would take to get him. He wont get the playing time in texas so i figured we could use him.

vCash
    Also from CT and go to UConn so im a huge Olt fan, but unless we trade Ellsbury for him i cant see it happening. I would love to nab him though. He and Grimm in a package headlined by Ells would be solid.

vCash
    I doubt we'll get Olt for as little as Ells as the headliner of a deal. I doubt Texas would deal him if he's a legit #5 hitter for 2013.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Olt

lol just thought it would be funny to put out there that me and mike graduated together in Branford High School. we also played together or baseball he was nasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I doubt we'll get Olt for as little as Ells as the headliner of a deal. I doubt Texas would deal him if he's a legit #5 hitter for 2013.
    I dont think he is this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trentman1155 View Post
    lol just thought it would be funny to put out there that me and mike graduated together in Branford High School. we also played together or baseball he was nasty
    no, no you didn't

vCash
    I think they might be willing to explore it. There isnt anywhere for olt to play out there. Moreland is manning 1b and they just signed old *** Berkman for dh. I would send them ells and a sp prospect cuz that's what they need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Along with Kinsler returning to 2B, Profar and Olt are both expected to start at AAA.