Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Man vs. Food or Diners, Drive Ins and Dives

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man vs. Food

    3 20.00%
  • Diners, Drive Ins and Dives

    6 40.00%
  • Food forum makes me hungry

    6 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,613
    vCash
    1500
    i've just heard so many horror stories about guy from friends in tv production or the food industry... kind of like racheal ray, i've literally NEVER heard anyone who met them in person say something positive.

    and this is not a sample size of 1-2 people... i'm talking 10-20 people who unanimously said they were arrogant, intolerable douchenozzles.

    but i still like watching DDD for the food...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,105
    vCash
    1000
    Done some work with him, as have colleagues of mine, and never heard a bad thing about him. Maybe on the business side he's a bit pushy? But kinda prefer that over talent who just don't know what they want. He's always been cool and down-to-earth to me. Like a Duff Goldman type of guy.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Done some work with him, as have colleagues of mine, and never heard a bad thing about him. Maybe on the business side he's a bit pushy? But kinda prefer that over talent who just don't know what they want. He's always been cool and down-to-earth to me. Like a Duff Goldman type of guy.
    interesting...

    i'll take your word for it, since you've actually dealt with him, whereas my opinion has been shaped entirely by hearsay.

    i've met duff and he was one of the coolest celeb chefs i've ever met.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,105
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    interesting...

    i'll take your word for it, since you've actually dealt with him, whereas my opinion has been shaped entirely by hearsay.

    i've met duff and he was one of the coolest celeb chefs i've ever met.
    The thing with celebs, like with anyone, is the situation you catch them in. I've seen people hate on some star because they asked for an autograph and they gave them attitude or something like that, but it'll be somebody who's cool as hell. I mean ya never know. Maybe they worked with Guy on a project he secretly hated but was pushed into or maybe he had a fight with his girl that day or who knows

    Duff is awesome. Worked with him a ton and the Charm City crew. All really genuinely good people.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,527
    vCash
    1750
    Taco Burrito King is the mother ****ing jamsauce.

    NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    A rep of mine's best friend owns the cajun place on the south side of Indy that was on Triple D. Said he was there at the filming and Guy was mostly a dick, but after the show did come and be nice and say he wasn't joking on camera that the place was amazing. Apparently he's joking half the time, because no one wants to watch or host a guy who said this food is Fing horrible.

    Although I think a few of us should get together and do a show where we are honest. This is amazing, this here is horse meat.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    A rep of mine's best friend owns the cajun place on the south side of Indy that was on Triple D. Said he was there at the filming and Guy was mostly a dick, but after the show did come and be nice and say he wasn't joking on camera that the place was amazing. Apparently he's joking half the time, because no one wants to watch or host a guy who said this food is Fing horrible.

    Although I think a few of us should get together and do a show where we are honest. This is amazing, this here is horse meat.
    i'm down... i've told lolo's brother that i didn't like some of his dishes before (very rare), so you know i have no problem speaking the trufff.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,921
    vCash
    1500
    Ha! Found the brutal review/article
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/di...es-square.html

    Just a coincidence it is Guy Fierri's restaurant?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    11,048
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Ha! Found the brutal review/article
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/di...es-square.html

    Just a coincidence it is Guy Fierri's restaurant?
    Damn that person didn't like their meal.
    Our youth > Your youth


    Bdawk4prez don't own ****!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Ha! Found the brutal review/article
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/di...es-square.html

    Just a coincidence it is Guy Fierri's restaurant?
    that was awesome... an entire review written in question-form
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    7,812
    vCash
    1500
    Triple D hands down, does a better job at covering different places around the country.

    Detroit Lions (10-4)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

    -----
    Detroit Pistons (5-19)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    I actually watch M v F more than DDD...though I don't care much for either.

    I kinda like eating challenges...I have no idea why. But DDD is probably technically the better show.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,948
    vCash
    1500
    I am addicted to DDD.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,713
    vCash
    500
    Quantity>Quality... So MvF

    Of course, DDD has much more appeal in terms of re-watching episodes or watching several episodes in a row but I prefer MvF because I want to do those challenges.




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •