3 20.00%
  • Diners, Drive Ins and Dives

6 40.00%
  • Food forum makes me hungry

6 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Man vs. Food or Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives

I know most people hate Guy Fieri, but I like him on this show, and I'm pretty indifferent on Richman.

But I enjoy watching Triple D for some reason. Maybe it's because I only get the Travel Channel on a TV with a cable box hooked up to it.... the TV in my room doesn't have it.

But, I can watch those marathons for hours. Not so much Man vs. Food. I think the novelty of MvF wore off on me after a while, while DDD is still going strong.

vCash
    i think guy's a douche, but i like DDD because it highlights all different types of cuisine and dishes across the country (including a place right around the corner from me where lolo and i go for breakfast on the weekends from time to time).

richman is way more tolerable than guy, but MvF only intrigues me when he's eating the regional stuff before he moves onto the challenge. i don't really care about how quickly someone can eat a 5 lb. burger. i just wanna see good food and get cool ideas for new dishes.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Same here, I don't mind Guy so I enjoy the show..... ALOT

Any time I can go to a place that is in it I try to.

There's a place called Irazu near Wicker Park/Bucktown(don't remember exactly) It is costa rican i think? But they have this sandwich called the Pepito OMG amazing and less than 6 bucks!
    And I also went to Big and Littles, it was meh I got the soft shell crab po boy, the menu seemed over priced but the portions are huge. Especially fries.

I know someone that had Guy visit their place (Honkey Tonk in Pilsen) and they said it took him like 4 hours to pick out a shirt and he was a giant ***** for a chef. But you see him on the show if he gets splattered.... He gets all sad. 4 Hours
    Last edited by Ezekial; 01-15-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: changed guys to Guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Same here, I don't mind guys so I enjoy the show..... ALOT

Any time I can go to a place that is in it I try to.

There's a place called Irazu near Wicker Park/Bucktown(don't remember exactly) It is costa rican i think? But they have this sandwich called the Pepito OMG amazing and less than 6 bucks!
    And I also went to Big and Littles, it was meh I got the soft shell crab po boy, the menu seemed over priced but the portions are huge. Especially fries.

I know someone that had Guy visit their place (Honkey Tonk in Pilsen) and they said it took him like 4 hours to pick out a shirt and he was a giant ***** for a chef. But you see him on the show if he gets splattered.... He gets all sad. 4 Hours
    that's the place with the foie gras and fries, right? it looked really good on the show, and i remember checking out their menu online, but i think howe said the place is pretty lame.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I like guy, people think he's a douche but I dig him. Love triple D.

I hate Adam and man vs food. Plus poodski thinks that show is awesome and he has the taste buds of a mule. This place Lucky's in wrigleyville he drug me too because Adam richman said it was so good. Pittsburgh style sandwiches which means fries on the sandwiches they were horrible. Plus he went to vegas and ate that big burrito. Yea been there when I was drunk and it wasn't even good. And if you eat a burrito when drunk and it's not the best thing you ever have tasted at that time it's a horrible thing. Seriously whenever i'm drunk love me some crap burrito's and that thing was disgusting. Hell LaBamba's (not sure if you have them near you, but they are on college campuses in Indiana and Purdue) is awesome when drunk, and those things are made out of kangaroo and koala meat.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    ^Lucky's is hit or miss. I don't remember what I had that I liked nor what I disliked, but I do remember liking and disliking two very different things

It's just overpriced and average.

As for the thread, Triple D is great. I always end up eating after watching that show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    that's the place with the foie gras and fries, right? it looked really good on the show, and i remember checking out their menu online, but i think howe said the place is pretty lame.
    Ya I just wasn't happy with the po boy and the price. I spent nearly 20 bucks on a sandwich and fries. I couldn't finish a **** ton of fries too.

The foie gras and fries is prolly good though, I've only been once because I was randomly by it at lunch time (15 min wait in line 10 for food).

vCash
    Oh forgot to mention as well....

Rex Italian Foods
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rex-italian-foods-norridge
    http://www.rexitalianfoods.com/
    This place is close to my home neighborhood, it is so good. And the Lady is the bomb, you walk in (and im a skinny dude) and while i look at the food (Deli style place) she's like "Boy, you needa eat here's some sausage" and she gives me a fatty piece of italian sausage (every time) and this is some ****ing amazing itoy sausage. Then I get the chicken parm.

Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Hell LaBamba's (not sure if you have them near you, but they are on college campuses in Indiana and Purdue) is awesome when drunk, and those things are made out of kangaroo and koala meat.
    ISU has 2 La Bambas.

Taco Burrito King anybody from Chicago?
    Last edited by Ezekial; 01-15-2013 at 12:17 AM.

vCash
    Definitely Triple D. I can watch episode after episode for days. I know people said Guy is a real douce, but I don't let that influence which show I will watch or not. Agree with most people here with MvF, I can live without their challenges. I just want to watch people cook, the name and address of the restaurants are bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    DDD is awesome. MVF sucks.

vCash
    DDD is the better show.

Richman just gets fat.

Plus, did anyone hear about Guy Fieri's restaurant in NYC?
    NY critics just shredded him.
    He's great on DDD, but a dbag restauranteur off the camera.
    I've been to both his restaurants in Sac & Santa Rosa, and the only thing I liked was a cheeseburger sushi roll. It's funny because he's ridiculously successful on tv, but off the camera, those chefs featured on DDD are probably better than Guy.

vCash
    "if ed hardy ****ed a juggalo, the byproduct would be guy fieri" - tony bourdain
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I like guy, people think he's a douche but I dig him. Love triple D.

I hate Adam and man vs food. Plus poodski thinks that show is awesome and he has the taste buds of a mule. This place Lucky's in wrigleyville he drug me too because Adam richman said it was so good. Pittsburgh style sandwiches which means fries on the sandwiches they were horrible. Plus he went to vegas and ate that big burrito. Yea been there when I was drunk and it wasn't even good. And if you eat a burrito when drunk and it's not the best thing you ever have tasted at that time it's a horrible thing. Seriously whenever i'm drunk love me some crap burrito's and that thing was disgusting. Hell LaBamba's (not sure if you have them near you, but they are on college campuses in Indiana and Purdue) is awesome when drunk, and those things are made out of kangaroo and koala meat.
    Yeah Lucky's is weak. They have decent wings, but those sandwiches are overrated as ****.

La Bamba sucks period though. Won't even touch it drunk. We got spoiled at SIU though. There was a place called Don Taco that had this fiya *** queso sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Oh forgot to mention as well....

Rex Italian Foods
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rex-italian-foods-norridge
    http://www.rexitalianfoods.com/
    This place is close to my home neighborhood, it is so good. And the Lady is the bomb, you walk in (and im a skinny dude) and while i look at the food (Deli style place) she's like "Boy, you needa eat here's some sausage" and she gives me a fatty piece of italian sausage (every time) and this is some ****ing amazing itoy sausage. Then I get the chicken parm.

ISU has 2 La Bambas.

Taco Burrito King anybody from Chicago?
    I fux with some Taco Burrito King all day!

DDD has some solid places they put on their show though. Just in Chicago there have been so many stops. Kuma's Corner and Irazu?

vCash
    Guy's grown on me over the last year or 2. Used to think he was just an absolute douche, but starting to like him more and more.

Adam isn't so bad either. Both shows just make me want to eat and eat. I feel like your restaurant has to be pretty popular and well known to be on MvF, while DDD will put on just any old place they hear about. With the amount of episodes they've shot, it probably gets tough though.

vCash
    Am I the only one that doesn't like either of these shows? First episode of man v food was a spicy sushi challenge and it was ok, but after 2 more episodes I was bored with the format of the show and the dude that hosts it.

DDD is good, but nothing really sucks me in to watch it often. I actually like Guy, he's a down to earth guy in person and it translates on the show pretty well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast