1 16.67%
  • Chase drops 40.

2 33.33%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wolves @ Mavs

vCash
    Haha.

vCash
    haha 18 shots for DC and zero FT attempts way to know your role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am just glad Love is out. We play a ton better without him.
    kinda lame to gloat like that.

people have every right to be upset with love this year. im not gonna bend over and take it in the *** from a player just because he is the best player on the team. he deserves to be scrutinized thats part of being a star player.

its also blind to think just throw love in the lineup and suddenly we are "good". we would still have only 1 2guard and rubio is still getting back to trusting his knee.
    Last edited by ZamboniCub; 01-15-2013 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcman2007 View Post
    I can't think of a clutch Derrick Williams play from this whole season.
    clutch plays happen at the end of games only. that might be why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    People have different opinions of clutch. To me clutch is with time running out. That happens 4 times a game for quarters and it happens every shot clock... He has plenty of opportunities to be clutch in a game.

vCash
    People have different opinions of clutch. To me clutch is with time running out. That happens 4 times a game for quarters and it happens every shot clock... He has plenty of opportunities to be clutch in a game.

vCash
    Dear Timberwolves,

Get back to me when you can keep teams from scoring 30 points a quarter on average and I might comeback and watch some games, until then - I give up. I never did through all of the terrible years - we lacked talent and coaching, but now we have both and the effort I saw tonight had no excuses. Stop blaming injuries and start blaming lack of any effort whatsoever on the defensive end.

Regards,
    Alex

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Dear Timberwolves,

Get back to me when you can keep teams from scoring 30 points a quarter on average and I might comeback and watch some games, until then - I give up. I never did through all of the terrible years - we lacked talent and coaching, but now we have both and the effort I saw tonight had no excuses. Stop blaming injuries and start blaming lack of any effort whatsoever on the defensive end.

Regards,
    Alex
    Dear Alex,

Thank you for your note. We appreciate your support, and would ask that you consider a number of positive factors that you may be overlooking:

1. We have a hall of fame coach (who is currently not with us and may not return)
    2. We have an all star forward (who is currently not with us, and may want to leave)
    3. We have a dominant Center (who is currently with us, but we may not be able to afford him)
    4. We have an Olympian form Russia (who is playing but has back problems and may not be with us next year)
    5. We have an NBA champion guard (who is three feet tall, can't defend and is 20 minutes from his next injury)
    6. We have an exciting young PG from Spain, who was also an Olympian (who is currently playing in a limited role, which is lucky because when he shoots our front offices receive a call from the 1950's asking for its set shot back)
    7. We have the number 2 overall pick from last year's draft (who, I am told, is still playing for us but for some reason we don't want him on the court)

So, you see, when you focus on the fact that we have no back-up center, no back-up SF, not back-up PG, no one that can shoot a three other than O. Loompa, no interior defense, no transition defense, and a petulant superstar that injured his hand while performing an act of self-Love, I think you are missing the forest for the trees, and are really nitpicking. If you come back, we'll give you a free season ticket, will fire the TSR Time guy, and Kahn will give you a nice rub down.

Love,

Timberwolves Front Office

vCash
    Clutch is end of game situations in every sport. No one ever says that field goal before halftime was so clutch. Everything is just plays... plays are important... clutch plays are at the end of games.
    Last edited by ZamboniCub; 01-15-2013 at 01:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    Dear Alex,

Thank you for your note. We appreciate your support, and would ask that you consider a number of positive factors that you may be overlooking:

1. We have a hall of fame coach (who is currently not with us and may not return)
    2. We have an all star forward (who is currently not with us, and may want to leave)
    3. We have a dominant Center (who is currently with us, but we may not be able to afford him)
    4. We have an Olympian form Russia (who is playing but has back problems and may not be with us next year)
    5. We have an NBA champion guard (who is three feet tall, can't defend and is 20 minutes from his next injury)
    6. We have an exciting young PG from Spain, who was also an Olympian (who is currently playing in a limited role, which is lucky because when he shoots our front offices receive a call from the 1950's asking for its set shot back)
    7. We have the number 2 overall pick from last year's draft (who, I am told, is still playing for us but for some reason we don't want him on the court)

So, you see, when you focus on the fact that we have no back-up center, no back-up SF, not back-up PG, no one that can shoot a three other than O. Loompa, no interior defense, no transition defense, and a petulant superstar that injured his hand while performing an act of self-Love, I think you are missing the forest for the trees, and are really nitpicking. If you come back, we'll give you a free season ticket, will fire the TSR Time guy, and Kahn will give you a nice rub down.

Love,

Timberwolves Front Office
    Dear Timberwolves Front Office,

Thanks for talking me off the ledge. Now I can continue to watch the games and soundly sleep at night knowing that my favorite sports franchise is in good hands.

Regards,
    Alex

P.S. I can't wait for another double digit loss to the Clippers...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Cant fault Cunningham for that, that is what he was traded for to be. Circumstances threw him into a different role. He was a good pickup for how the team was constructed...the team is not how it was constructed anymore.
    No, of course not. I like Cunningham, he's a solid role player, everything you want in a reserve.

I just think we would benefit more from playing Williams 30+mpg while Love is out.

As I said, DC is a career role player, but Williams has the chance to be something special and should be the one getting the starter-type minutes.

We're at a point now similar to that of the end of last season, the injuries have caught up with us and we're in a downward spiral that i don't think will end before the end of the year.

I'm tipping we go .250 from now til the end of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post

P.S. I can't wait for another double digit loss to the Clippers...
    Those are the best. You should try watching that while listening to the Clippers announcers mispronounce, "Shved," over and over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Stop talking playoffs, that is just stupid.

vCash
    haha 18 shots for DC and zero FT attempts way to know your role.
    Him playing the stretch 4 is taking away his strengths imo. I don't like him playing there. I would rather start Williams.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Clutch is end of game situations in every sport. No one ever says that field goal before halftime was so clutch. Everything is just plays... plays are important... clutch plays are at the end of games.
    false. It's why the term "clutch" is stupid to begin with.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    kinda lame to gloat like that.

people have every right to be upset with love this year. im not gonna bend over and take it in the *** from a player just because he is the best player on the team. he deserves to be scrutinized thats part of being a star player.

its also blind to think just throw love in the lineup and suddenly we are "good". we would still have only 1 2guard and rubio is still getting back to trusting his knee.
    I am not gloating in the slightest. But to those who said, "we are treading water without him", or, "we don't play any better with him", while basing it on an 18 game sample size where he came off a broken hand to his shooting hand, and just tossing aside his dominant play from the previous 130 games, annoy me. We are not going to tread water without the all star version of Love. We are going to sink like the Titanic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast