....-vs.-....

Date: Monday, January 14th, 2013
    Time: 7:30 PM
    TV: CSNNE

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS:

Rajon Rondo - Avery Bradley - Paul Pierce - Brandon Bass - Kevin Garnett

K. Walker - G. Henderson - M. Kidd-Gilchrist - H. Warrick - B. Biyombo

Chris Forsberg preview:

Boston Celtics (19-17, 12-6 home) host the Charlotte Bobcats (9-27, 4-13 away) on Monday night at TD Garden (7:30 p.m., CSN). Here's what to watch for:

* CAN'T SLEEP ON THESE 'CATS: Celtics coach Doc Rivers will implore his team to look past their opponent's record. Yes, the Bobcats have a .250 winning percentage (only the Wizards and Cavaliers are worse) and Charlotte has lost 22 of its last 24 games. But Rivers noted Sunday that, "They play hard as hell. You don’t play well against them, you will lose. They play extremely hard. It’s funny, I’ve talked to a couple guys after they just played them and the first thing that came out of their mouth: 'If you’re not ready to play them, they’ll knock you out. They come at you.' That tells you a lot with what they’ve done, if they’re still doing that." Rivers is likely referring to good friend Tom Thibodeau, whose Chicago squad endured a 91-81 loss to visiting Charlotte in late December.

* SYNERGY SNAPSHOT: Offensively, the Bobcats rank 22nd overall averaging 0.895 points per play, according to Synergy Sports data. Charlotte is middle of the pack in transition and actually ranks second in pick-and-roll ball-handlers (two of its top three play types), but the Bobcats really struggle with spot-up shooting (27th, 0.897 points per play) and have limited post offense. Defensively, Charlotte is dead last while allowing 0.967 points per play. Neither Kemba Walker (0.944 ppp, 23rd percentile) nor rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (0.974 ppp, 15th percentile) have provided much resistance and 20 percent of opponents' plays go at them. Put another way: Byron Mullens ranks as the team's best individual defender (0.836 ppp, 60th percentile) among Charlotte's top rotation players and most of his teammates are not particularly close.

* NO BUMPS IN THE ROAD: The Celtics already own a five-game winning streak, but with two of the league's worst teams visiting the Garden this week (New Orleans looms on Wednesday), Boston knows it has a chance to really make a surge here. While Rivers said he doesn't pay attention to the standings, Boston can start shimmying up the Eastern Conference playoff seedings if it sustains its win streak. The East-leading Heat are 5˝ games out. Maybe more importantly, nothing would derail all this built-up momentum like stumbling against a team like the Bobcats. The Celtics' early season struggles doesn't give them the ability to look past any opponent.

vCash
    This is the type of game the C's no-showed for earlier this season. Let's hope they come to play tonight, end this early and the bench gets lots of run.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Yes, they need to keep the petal to the metal and not play down to their opponent. With this game and New Orleans up next, we have a great shot at a 7 game win streak going into the Bulls game.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Big game from Green, dono why but I'm calling it

vCash
    Let's get 6 straight! Go Celts!

vCash
    Did I say Green, I meant Rondo

vCash
    Gonna see a lot of Collins tonight

vCash
    At this rate Bass and Sullinger should foul out by half.

Where's Lee?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Triple double watch for Rondo...

Interested to see how Green does at the 4 with Bass and Sully in foul trouble...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    This is one of those game that I hope to not see KG, Paul, and Terry that much.

vCash
    GREAT hustle play by Lee!

vCash
    Terry's defense right there

vCash
    Rondo's line!

9/6/5 100 FG%!!!!! HOLY **** LOL in just 10 minutes.

vCash
    oh Bobcats. Why must you make games so boring

vCash
    would like an old fashioned blowout, dont like drama here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast