Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash

NBA scouts: "This is the year to tade your draft pick, no matter where it is"

We hear the same crap nearly every year, and the scouts always are proved to be wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    whoever gets noel, muhammed amd kyle andeson will be doin back flips
    Im not sure about Anderson honestly. I like his game, big pgs are always awesome but Im not sure if he can be a pg in the NBA and I dont think he can guard any position in the NBA so idk, curious how his career plays out. He reminds me of Turkolu with better handle and worse shooting.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    Wasn't last year draft supposed to be the deepest draft since 2003 (Bron, wade, melo, bosh and them)

1. Davis 4.Waiters 5.Thomas Robinson 6.Ross 10. Rivers (he's a complete bust) they all role players at best.

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    I think they're be 2-3 all stars in this draft. No franchise players though.

vCash
    This may be true but really there is no way of telling except by projections. Watch this class be the best class since '07

vCash
    While some players are ready to come out after 1 year a lot of players need grooming.. Players who have the talent to play at the next level are in the minority.. A lot of these young guys need grooming and need to develop their game 2 years should be the rule would help the college game and the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    Wasn't last year draft supposed to be the deepest draft since 2003 (Bron, wade, melo, bosh and them)

1. Davis 4.Waiters 5.Thomas Robinson 6.Ross 10. Rivers (he's a complete bust) they all role players at best.
    They said it would be solid with Forwards who can contribute right away but not the best since 2003
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    The best class since 03 was the 08 draft class .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    every draft on every single year there is always 2-4 players who's going to make a name for themselves.
    2000 says hi.

Best players were Hedo and Jamal Crawford dude.

Edit: Michael Redd, but he only had about 4 good years.

Second Edit: point is nobody cares about anybody from that draft. I wouldn't say thay "made a name for themselves"
    Last edited by LongWayFromHome; 01-15-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

vCash
    I wonder if these 2 scouts are top class in quality? Interesting that both would come to the same conclusion...

There's always going to be 2 or 3 players in the draft that overachieve from what scouts thought they would do in the pros. The thing is, will it be a player who comes into the NBA slated as a good player and this player improves well enough in the first year or 2 to become a star. Imo, GMs wrestle with this decision every draft.

If management agrees that this is a weaker draft class coming up, there's no problem with trading your picks, especially for proven veteran players. Or, maybe you trade a 2 for 1 (trade a high 1st rounder for a 1st and 2nd rounder next year).

vCash
    They say every draft is bad. They don't know anything. The 2011 draft was supposed to be terrible and yet they got Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Kenneth Faried, Kawi Leonard, Iman Shumpert, Kemba Walker, plus more.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    It will be deep with role players but no superstars.
    You dont know that

vCash
    I want the Magic to keep their's. I acknowledge that this draft isn't very top heavy, but I still think it's best for us to use our draft picks on college players, rather than trading them for older/more expensive players. If we get the top pick I'd be very interested in moving down, or trying to trade it for a probable-high-2014 draft pick. But if we're sitting 3-10 I'm 100% fine with keeping it. There's a good amount of talent in that range. There just isn't a great #1 or #2 pick.

Even so, taking Shabazz or McLemore with the first pick wouldn't bother me as a Magic fan at all. As long as we tank again next year...
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by futureman View Post
    They say every draft is bad. They don't know anything. The 2011 draft was supposed to be terrible and yet they got Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Kenneth Faried, Kawi Leonard, Iman Shumpert, Kemba Walker, plus more.
    yeah I can distinctly remember people saying this was the weakest draft class in years and there are several good players, many with big potential.

vCash
    I felt the same way about Kyrie's draft, including Kyrie himself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast