Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Training

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    I hope being a H&S spokesperson doesn't make him injury prone.
    When you have a PMA you don't get injured

#pma #throwstrikes
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    @Alden_Gonzalez: C.J. Wilson is taking the torch from Troy Polamalu and Joe Mauer and becoming the new Head & Shoulders spokesman, per @MLB_PR. #Angels

#pma #throwstrikes
    At least now we know why he had so much trouble last year. Dandruff kept getting in his eyes making it difficult to see the plate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    @MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels are nearing minor league deal with Japanese reliever Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who went 1-5 w/3.00 ERA in 42 G for Hanshin Tigers in 2011.

@MikeDiGiovanna: The #Angels' minor league deal for Hiroyuki Kobayashi, a 34-year-old RHP, will most likely include an invitation to spring training.

@JeffFletcherOCR: Confirmed #Angels expected to bring Japanese RHP Hiroyuki Kobayshi, 33, to camp on a minor lg deal. Career 3.54 ERA in Japan.

Hot dog eating competition at the All Star Game?
    I thought the same thing!

vCash
    @JeffFletcherOCR: Just realized that 5 teams last year hit fewer than the 135 HRs that Trout, Pujols, Hamilton and Trumbo hit. The #Angels have 4 of the 27 guys who hit 30 HRs last year. No other team has more than 2.

1 week until pitchers and catchers report. 2 and a half weeks until the first game

vCash

I can't ****ing wait!

vCash
    On another note, I wish we hadn't traded Morales :cry:

We could've signed Marcum instead of Blanton, and that depresses me :cry:

vCash
    @MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels RHP Michael Kohn, who missed 2012 bc of TJ surgery, has thrown 20-25 bullpens and said he's "game-ready." Hopes to win bullpen spot.

I like Kohn's potential, but this is probably his last chance to prove himself (with us)

@MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels LHP CJ Wilson, who had surgery to remove bone spurs in Oct., has thrown 4 pens and said he won't have any limitations in spring trn.

#pma #throwstrikes #straightedge #head&shoulders

vCash
    @MikeDiGiovanna: First setback of spring for #Angels: Closer Ryan Madson had soreness after last pen session on Feb. 1 and hasn't thrown in 10 days.

@JeffFletcherOCR: Ryan Madson (TJ rehab) said he hasn't thrown since 2/1 because of soreness. Says its normal, opening day or mid April still possible.

@MikeDiGiovanna: Madson considers setback normal in recovery from TJ surgery but admitted being "disappointed." Very doubtful he will be ready opener

vCash
    boo.

vCash
    On the lineup, Sosh said it's Trout first, Pujols third, Hamilton fourth, Trumbo probably fifth.Could see himself going matchups for 2-spot.
    Howie Kendrick had minor offseason elbow surgery just after the season, Scioscia revealed today. He is 100 pct now. #Angels
    Batting title?

Ernesto Frieri says he is breaking out a new pitch this year so he doesn't rely only on his fastball. Won't say what pitch though.
    Scioscia also said Frieri's new pitch is a change up. #Angels
    Frieri is in the best shape of his life as well

Josh Hamilton is in Arizona already, and Sosh expects him to take some BP at the facility tomorrow. #Angels

vCash
    @JeffFletcherOCR: Ryan Madson's MRI clean. But he won't throw until at least next week. #Angels

@JeffFletcherOCR: Ryan Madson said he's relieved at the results of the MRI. But he's no longer pushing for opening day #Angels

The good news is we still have Frieri #pma #throwstrikes

vCash
    Agent Scott Boras has repeatedly tried to engage the Angels about Lohse, but so far the club has passed, writes Buster Olney of ESPN.com (Insider sub. req'd). The Angels have already sacrificed a top draft pick to sign Josh Hamilton. Their rotation currently consists of Jered Weaver, C.J. Wilson, Joe Blanton, Tommy Hanson and Jason Vargas.
    Good Dipoto

vCash
    I'd say we could use him, but we need to keep our draft picks, and we've already committed to Blanton.

vCash
    Reliever Chad Cordero announced via Twitter that he has signed a minor league deal with the Angels. The deal does not include a spring training invite, according to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com (on Twitter). Cordero retired from baseball in June of 2011 after hooking on with the independent St. Paul Saints.

Cordero, 30, said back in March that he was getting the itch to play again and was giving serious consideration to making a comeback. Across six seasons with the Nationals/Expos, Cordero posted a 2.78 ERA with 8.2 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9. The right-hander last appeared in the majors in 2010 when he saw time in nine games for the Mariners.
    A friend of mine is friends with his family and they have a suite at Angels stadium so I'm sure they're happy about this but he hasnt really pitched in 5 years. He is only 30 though so there is some hope for him

vCash
    Jeff Joyce ‏@JeffJoyce19
    Chad Cordero just told us he's been throwing 88-90 lately and has been throwing all of his pitches. Said his changeup has felt great.
    https://twitter.com/JeffJoyce19

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast