Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    yep... some fine PSD analysis...

well done

is there more to it than that? that is all i hear you saying...pau cannot just simply tell the doctors he is fine....

vCash
    People will believe what they want.
    Thats how things work.

I mean there are people tht actually believed the end was coming in 2012.
    Believing a player is faking an injury after playing for an entire month on tendonitis withouth saying jack to the media, yeah i guess its credible enough
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    People will believe what they want.
    Thats how things work.

I mean there are people tht actually believed the end was coming in 2012.
    Believing a player is faking an injury after playing for an entire month on tendonitis withouth saying jack to the media, yeah i guess its credible enough
    who said he was faking an injury?

still waiting on your "xenophobic hate" link btw.... I won't hold my breath

vCash
    Guys, if we play like we did against the Cavs against the good teams (ya know, winning and playing pretty good D) who gives a flying fk if Gasol comes back? Is he really necessary when Clark has stepped up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Guys, if we play like we did against the Cavs against the good teams (ya know, winning and playing pretty good D) who gives a flying fk if Gasol comes back? Is he really necessary when Clark has stepped up?
    Oh yeah we beat the almighty Cavs with clark.

And we will beat the almighty bucks with clark, and if we dont just .

Big deal, Lets start the mvp chants for " my name is" Earl.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myqntab View Post
    is there more to it than that? that is all i hear you saying...pau cannot just simply tell the doctors he is fine....
    Actually, i think the opposite of what you are saying... if he can't play he shouldn't be driving ... that would be the prudent thing to do in his case.

playing only puts himself at risk... driving puts others at risk....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Oh yeah we beat the almighty Cavs with clark.

And we will beat the almighty bucks with clark, and if we dont just .

Big deal, Lets start the mvp chants for " my name is" Earl.
    Chill, crooner. I wasn't saying Clark is better. Just that he's performing how we need him to. Gasol wasn't the focal point of our offense, was he? Neither is Clark. He's playing just about as well as Gasol was, if not better.

I realize I should clarify, playing better is different from being better. Clark is being more effiicient than Gasol has been recently is my point so I feel like we can make do and maybe do even better without Pau. I like Pau, I just don't think he's right for this system or this team. We need fresh legs.
    Last edited by Decimotox; 01-14-2013 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    I am certain that the NBA guidelines are not more stringent than the NFL and i have first hand knowledge of the concussion guidelines with the NFL through my next door neighbor whose son plays in the NFL and has had to pass concussion testing (2011).

In summary he said that all you have to do is tell the Dr. you "feel fine" and pass very rudimentary equilibrium tests.

Now if you can't pass those equilibrium tests you can't play....

so one must ask... it is reported that Pau has been driving since last week... would he be driving if his equilibrium was off?

If he is ... he shouldn't be...

If his equilibrium is fine... he should be playing...

either way things don't add up...
    Bolded is your opinion and is not supported by this link
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...cussion-policy

After speaking with a source familiar with the league's policy, here are few things to know:
    -As part of the policy, during the preseason every player in the NBA undergoes baseline neurological testing.
    -If a player is diagnosed with a concussion, he's no longer allowed to play until cleared in consultation with the NBA's director of the concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher, an associate professor of neurology at the University of Michigan.
    -To gain clearance, a player must return to his symptom free neurological baseline, then complete a series of exertion tests, each growing in difficulty (from a stationary bike to jogging, to agility and individual basketball drills) remaining free of symptoms after each test.
    -There is no set amount of time that must pass between each exertion exercise. Testing is situation specific, and relies on the medical judgment of the doctors and other medical personnel involved.
    Do we know for a fact that Pau is back to is neurological baseline? Isn't it possible that Gasol could feel completely fine but hasn't yet gotten back to his baseline which is required before he is cleared? It's obvious you hate Pau, which based on his play this season you could say is warranted, but the dude just played through numerous injuries without telling anyone and now all of the sudden he's milking a concussion because he doesn't want to play? The guy has had millions of excuses at his disposal to not play at all this year, it doesn't add up that suddenly he's going to milk an injury.

vCash
    who said he was faking an injury?
    since you asked

because their is nothing wrong with him other than a bruised vag

vCash

Pau Gasol Concussion Timetable

At the end of the day isn't it the Doctor who decides when and if he comes back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    Bolded is your opinion and is not supported by this link
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...cussion-policy

Do we know for a fact that Pau is back to is neurological baseline? Isn't it possible that Gasol could feel completely fine but hasn't yet gotten back to his baseline which is required before he is cleared? It's obvious you hate Pau, which based on his play this season you could say is warranted, but the dude just played through numerous injuries without telling anyone and now all of the sudden he's milking a concussion because he doesn't want to play? The guy has had millions of excuses at his disposal to not play at all this year, it doesn't add up that suddenly he's going to milk an injury.
    I know the rules... actually posted them in here a couple of pages back so your post provides nothing new...

I gave you an example of my neighbors kid and his experience with the NFL... just so we are clear, the NBA protocols used the NFL ones which were in place first... you forgot to bold the very next line which said

Now if you can't pass those equilibrium tests you can't play....

As for hating Pau... that is absurd... he is a high quality CENTER and was critical to the last 2 championships... he has been playing out of position for the last 3 years which is an indictment of Jimbaco first for wanting his PET Bynum to be the star and second for his unwillingness to trade him after the recent acquisition of D12... do i believe the "twin towers" will work... obviously not nor has it ever really worked other than SA... Pau is not a 4 and doesn't have the range to play the position. It is a failed experiment... if it didn't work in 2 years with Bynum who has a better offensive game than D12 it surely won't work with D12.

Now, do i think Pau is a Vag or soft... absolutely

Do i think he is faking? I dunno

what i do know is that if he really has concussion like symptons he shouldn't have been driving since last week. That puts others at risk...

What i do know, is that given the same amount of time and same injury most players would be back already... healthy or not

vCash
    maybe this means pau and meeks are trade bait

vCash
    The fact is that the Nba has a really strict concussion policy, while the NFL, for example, does not. That will change though.

I hope Gasol is kept out until he is 100% healthy, and I don't mean just his brain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    or maybe even one of these: http://bit.ly/13wkxiv
    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Great the concussion test probaly screens out sissies, too. Pau may never be back.
    This is how I bleed

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast