Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    It has been reported that he has been driving a car since last week...

Also, your lack of knowledge on what a concussion test is is the only ignorant thing going on in here... 90% of it is him telling the Doc he is ok and then passing very rudimentary test...

if he can drive a car he can pass the test... its that simple...
    Not saying I don't believe you, but where did you read this?

mamba24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Lol.
    Psd is full of doctors...........
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Mw7ggC9EJx...t17-e02_a.jpeg

Anyway, This sounds to me more like Pau has played his last laker game already.
    Remember in a few hours all those Kirilenkos, Lowrys and Mcgees can be included in trades.
    exactly what i was thinking... this isnt pau's fault for all you doctors out there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle:25095660
    Crooner defends Pau like one of those possessive girlfriends.
    You didn't know? Man crush at its worse!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Not saying I don't believe you, but where did you read this?
    it is in the game thread from last night... someone asked one of the reporters and the reporter tweeted he had been driving all last week.

vCash
    It has been reported that he has been driving a car since last week...

Also, your lack of knowledge on what a concussion test is is the only ignorant thing going on in here... 90% of it is him telling the Doc he is ok and then passing very rudimentary test...

if he can drive a car he can pass the test... its that simple...
    Not really. The issue is that you can have a second impact if you return to play sports, and this is what can lead to serious complications after a concussion.

vCash
    You guys may be right about this being more than a "concussion..." All of the FA signings become eligible for a trade at midnight eastern time. Maybe Mitch has a trade in place? Who the **** knows

vCash
    it is in the game thread from last night... someone asked one of the reporters and the reporter tweeted he had been driving all last week.
    Thanks, I will look for it.

vCash
    You guys may be right about this being more than a "concussion..." All of the FA signings become eligible for a trade at midnight eastern time. Maybe Mitch has a trade in place? Who the **** knows
    I hope that is the case.

Pau fits no longer on our team, is overpaid, gives no effort and even looks washed up, he needs a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaLakerz Rulz View Post
    Not really. The issue is that you can have a second impact if you return to play sports, and this is what can lead to serious complications after a concussion.
    apples and oranges... i agree he can have a second impact , etc...

that has nothing to do with passing the test...

even when he passes the test he will STILL BE MORE SUSCEPTIBLE to reinjury than he was before...

that has nothing to do with passing the test

vCash
    Thanks, I will look for it.
    page 10

it was eric pincus he asked

vCash
    apples and oranges... i agree he can have a second impact , etc...

that has nothing to do with passing the test...

even when he passes the test he will STILL BE MORE SUSCEPTIBLE to reinjury than he was before...

that has nothing to do with passing the test
    Yea but the NBA may have extremely stringent rules on what it takes to pass. It could take something simple such as "this part of my face hurts a little" to fail. Pau doesn't seem like the type who would lie about that stuff (now Kobe....maybe). It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your ability to drive a car is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by DaLakerz Rulz; 01-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    Concussiongate

vCash
    Pau has always been overly cautious when it comes to injuries. It can be debated if that is really a good or bad thing.

vCash
    Oh dear...just when we're about to accept hearsay testimony that driving a car has something to do with being cleared to play professional basketball after sustaining a concussion, someone who actually knows what they're talking about has written an actual article after talking with other people who also know what they're talking about:

The more experts learn about blows to the head, the more they learn how hard it is to classify any as without long-term health implications. And basketball, though not a collision-based sport like football or hockey, is a contact sport with more blows to the head than you would think.

NBA players, says Kutcher, "are not taking the repetitive hits like they are in football or in hockey, but they do get hit, quite a bit. They may be mild bumps, those kinds of things, but certain brains are susceptible to trauma more than others and to be able to monitor brain health over the course of the season and a career is something that we have to do regardless of the level of impact."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-head-injuries
    Oh...and this:

There is no way to say, with any medical certainty, “that was nothing” about any shot to the head. Telling one from the other is almost impossible for anyone but a neurologist with millions of dollars in diagnostic tools and lots of time.

In the concussions-focused documentary "Head Games," Douglas Smith, a neuroscientist from the University of Pennsylvania, cautions that “15 or so percent of people with a single concussion have persisting cognitive dysfunction, meaning they don’t go back to school or to work or just carry on life the way they had it. They have long-term, persisting problems after one concussion.”
    There's more. But you have to be willing to read and learn, which is obviously a lot harder than talking out of your ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaLakerz Rulz View Post
    Yea but the NBA may have extremely stringent rules on what it takes to pass. It could take something simple such as "this part of my face hurts a little" to fail. Pau doesn't seem like the type who would lie about that stuff (now Kobe....maybe). It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your ability to drive a car is what I'm saying.

I am certain that the NBA guidelines are not more stringent than the NFL and i have first hand knowledge of the concussion guidelines with the NFL through my next door neighbor whose son plays in the NFL and has had to pass concussion testing (2011).

In summary he said that all you have to do is tell the Dr. you "feel fine" and pass very rudimentary equilibrium tests.

Now if you can't pass those equilibrium tests you can't play....

so one must ask... it is reported that Pau has been driving since last week... would he be driving if his equilibrium was off?

If he is ... he shouldn't be...

If his equilibrium is fine... he should be playing...

either way things don't add up...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast