Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    oh btw nice to see ring girls with an ***.

vCash
    If Vitor is to get Bones again, he needs to use his damn strikes.. Use what got you there and make Bones think before throwing.. great outing by Vitor. That kick was fast and lethal.

vCash
    Jones has too much on his plate already, first Chael, then Cormier, and maybe Anderson after those two... so Vitor should look elsewhere. I'd personally love to see him against Hector Lombard, two great strikers going at it, would be a great matchup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuya View Post
    Jones has too much on his plate already, first Chael, then Cormier, and maybe Anderson after those two... so Vitor should look elsewhere. I'd personally love to see him against Hector Lombard, two great strikers going at it, would be a great matchup
    i'd love to see that fight too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    i'd love to see that fight too.
    Hopefully Vitor reconsiders and decides to stay at middleweight to make that possible, I think that's better for him than going up to LHW

vCash
    Hopefully Vitor reconsiders and decides to stay at middleweight to make that possible, I think that's better for him than going up to LHW
    he would lose again to jj and most of the other guys at 205.

vCash
    **** chael, give me the rematch.
    Thanks. I think he got a bit excited and I did not understand all his words. I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming TUF Jones vs Chael. I think it should be fun and entertaining but I do not see much of a fight there. Jones is too much for Chael. I do not even get that matchup.

vCash
    i agree it's a terrible matchup i have no intrest in seeing Sonnen and Jones. Sonnen couldn't beat Jones on his best day.

Vitor never lets me down, this is the one legend out there that can still be a threat. Silva, Big Nog, Rampage, BJ just can't get it done anymore but Vitor is still at the top of his game. Bisping looked confident in there and i thought he had a good chance to win, guess not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Do you truly believe that Bisping isn't as good as Rockhold or Mousasi?
    It isn't about being as good or better IMO It is the fact that Bisping is an absolute terrible matchup with Anderson Silva. He got knocked out by Hendo and Vitor, he got knocked down twice by Wandy and he has been knocked down by guys like Leben and Akiyama even in losses.

He would last as long as Anderson would allow him to survive....

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Nik "30-27" Lentz strikes again. I just hope someone flattens this guy so he gets cut. He has no talent at all. He's like the FW version of Kole Conrad, just Takedown after takedown, then finally control your opponent on the ground. No fighting skill at all.
    Ben Askren "All you need in MMA is high-level wresting to win fights."

what a dumb boring fight, as usual from both fighters. rothwell didnt even try on offense and looked tired again, cant stand how gonzaga goes up to the camera like that was impressive. his only real impressive win was against cro cop.
    Yeah Ben Rothwell is just absolutely dreadful to watch.

Gonzaga has followed his gameplan for two straight fights. He has to fight like this from now on. Use strikes to set up take-downs and clinch with your opponent.

I don't want to say he's back, but he looks good. This was a big win for him.
    I always said that Gabriel Gonzaga is one of the fighters that could benefit from going to Greg Jackson because he needs to be on the mat where he has high-level skills.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Was that a semi-quick stoppage?
    Yes.

In his biggest opportunity, Bisping gets annihilated...

Huge win by Vitor. He had to win that fight early and he did. This is it for Bisping, he's finished as far as being a contender goes.

Now who does Anderson get?
    As always with Bisping.... Losses to Wandy, Hendo, Sonnen, Rashad and now Belfort. He isn't an elite fighter just hyped to be one. The good news for him is that now he will get to fight a couple guys on European cards that are barely good enough to be in the UFC and rack up some more wins.

I like Vitor but I thought given Bisping's history he may have survived that if the ref did not stop it so fast.
    It looked semi-quick to me too, but a couple more seconds wouldn't change anything
    Almost everything that Vitor threw while on the ground was either blocked or missed.... It was an early stoppage IMO

From the other view I saw Bisping was defending himself. He was not knocked out or taking that huge direct punishment. I have seen him recover fast after getting tagged in some past fights. Props to Bisping for not complaining during the interview although I think he did after the stoppage. I do think it was a bit of a quick stoppage. Happy for Vitor who I always root for.
    You are absolutely right that it was a hard kick. I just think Bisping has a pretty quick recovery time. It doesn't matter. The fight is over.

Did anyone else have a hard time understanding what Vitor was saying in his challenge?
    The thing is that if you watch the end in slow motion after the head kick all of those punches that Vitor threw on the mat where either deflected or missed.... All the same I'm glad as hell that Vitor won because Bisping is one of the most overhyped fighters in the sport.

vCash
    Thanks. I think he got a bit excited and I did not understand all his words. I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming TUF Jones vs Chael. I think it should be fun and entertaining but I do not see much of a fight there. Jones is too much for Chael. I do not even get that matchup.
    Ratings...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    Gonzaga is someone I often considered wasted talent. The Cro Cop high kick win was the worst thing that ever happened to him. It made him famous, it made him popular, but after that he decided he was going to start kick boxing with all of his opponents and he completely neglected the best part of his game which was his ground game.

There are a lot of fights he should have won that he didn't win. Couture, Werdum, Carwin and Schaub are fights where he completely had a mental lapse and lost.

Who knows maybe this is his comeback.

vCash
    Gonzaga is someone I often considered wasted talent. The Cro Cop high kick win was the worst thing that ever happened to him. It made him famous, it made him popular, but after that he decided he was going to start kick boxing with all of his opponents and he completely neglected the best part of his game which was his ground game.

There are a lot of fights he should have won that he didn't win. Couture, Werdum, Carwin and Schaub are fights where he completely had a mental lapse and lost.

Who knows maybe this is his comeback.
    doubt it lol, he'l never fight for the championship in the ufc. he's an ok fighter but still the same.

vCash
    Gabriel Gonzaga doesn't have the tools to win the UFC Heavyweight Championship. His BJJ is solid but won't mean a thing against your fighters like Alistair Overeem, Cain Velasquez or Junior Dos Santos that are all worlds better in the standup. He doesn't stand a chance of getting those guys to the ground either...

vCash
    Happy to see Bisping get KTFO again. Ever since the Rivera fight I can't stand the guy. He talks so much crap, but can never back it up. And I don't think it was a quick stoppage, Vitor had him hurt real bad, turtling and not doing anything but take punches will result in a stoppage.

Where do they go from here? I'm thinking Bisping will get a favorable match-up again. Someone like Brunson or CB. By now we know the UFC's formula when it comes to Bisping. The fight that makes the most sense though, is a fight vs Belcher. Both are coming off losses, but I doubt the UFC makes it happen.

As for Vitor, he wants to fight Jones, but that's not happening. I know Lombard is busy with Okami, but I say scratch that fight and make Vitor vs Lombard instead. Or assuming Chael can't fight Jones for whatever reason, Vitor vs Chael sounds good.

CB showed a much improved chin, which is weird to say. The fight could have gone either way, but I think his size was the deciding factor, especially in the 3rd when he managed to reverse position and get on top. Serafian looked good, but I think he should consider a drop to 170 because he looked really small compare to CB.

Barboza looked like the killer he was before he had that setback vs Varner. I would love to see him get a step up in competition, maybe one of the SF fighters. Thompson, Healy or even Noons.

Lentz did what I feared he would do. I knew if he got the fight to the ground he would use his trademark GnP (and I used that term loosely) and make it an ugly fight. I just figure Nunez would have enough of a TDD to keep it standing, but alas, he did not.

Nurmagomedov was awesome, he really is looking like the real deal. Can't wait to see what the UFC has plan for him, but I think he's a handful for anyone, I doubt there are many LW wanting to fight him right now.

Boy was I wrong about the Craig/Markes fight. I thought we would see a good back and forth, but we got the opposite. Markes made Lentz loox exciting and that's never a good thing.

Does anyone else think Nobre was faking it? I saw the replay a lot and I didn't see one punch land to the back of the head. It wasn't until Dan (who had an awful night reffing) warned Alcantara that Nobre started to protect his head. I hate to say it, but Nobre took the easy way out. He was taking a beating and instead of taking the loss, he found a way out.
    -----

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345