Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm starting to get some hope that either Bourn or Upton will be Mets by opening day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    I'm starting to get some hope that either Bourn or Upton will be Mets by opening day
    I'm hoping Upton.. That would be something special
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    There is pretty much no chance that happens.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Losing the draft pick (which is bad enough) isn't the only issue. The draft money allowed to the team goes as well. So not only would they lose out on a top 10-15 prospect but being able to snag a kid for extra dollars later (Phil Evans, Michael Fulmer or Jon Niese back in '05) goes out the door as well.

Basically you'll be saying we don't need any prospects and we're gonna punt this entire draft for an extra few wins to try to stay out of the cellar.

What scares me is idiot boy Jeffy may prioritize staying out of the cellar, and if I'm Sandy I walk away from the organization because that would be showing there really may be no hope for this team at all.
    Last edited by Daaaarryyl; 01-23-2013 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    ^ To add to this, anyone happy with the prospects in the organization has to realize they are very short on bats. This team needs some outfielders that can hit, BADLY. They could also use some more depth and while we love the pitching depth and upside it would be nice to add some LHP's to the mix. Basically, this upcoming draft can really help shape the future of the team and punting it for Bourn would make them the same laughing stock they were when they gave away 2 premium draft picks + a month of Billy Wagner for Cris Carter. MORONS!!!
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    There is pretty much no chance that happens.
    Lmao, way to kill his hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Michael Baron ‏@michaelgbaron
    To be honest who cares what Michael Baron thinks?

Who tf, is he anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Those were stop-gap signings, obviously.

SH, Shawn Marcum, and a couple of relievers for ex. would also be stop-gap signings obviously, so what's the difference?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes but like Stoic said why give Bourn one year when he won't make us a playoff team?

Essentially you are hindering longer term development by getting one year of Bourn and a sandwich pick in 2014 instead of the 11th pick in this years draft.

I would rather have the 11th pick..

Career WARs for guys who make it to the show from the 11th pick are also significantly better than those who are sandwich picks. There is an obvious dropoff in talent from number 11 to number 35. There are exceptions but the percentages are much better for the 11th pick to have a major league impact than a sandwich pick.

Why give fat frank 2 years when he clearly wouldn't have made us a playoff team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    yes. I'll go one better. I'm not entirely confident he'll hit rhp this year.

lol!!!

:d

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Why give fat frank 2 years when he clearly wouldn't have made us a playoff team?
    Asked and answered in the other thread..

vCash

Who tf, is he anyway?
    He is one of the head sports writers for Metsblog which i've seen you reference before.

vCash

Who tf, is he anyway?
    Nobody, but his point is correct.

vCash
    SH, Shawn Marcum, and a couple of relievers for ex. would also be stop-gap signings obviously, so what's the difference?
    Hairston wants to play everyday, and if that's the case, he's no better than anyone we have.

Marcum wants at least 2 years. He's not durable either.

If you haven't noticed, we have 4 rotation spots filled already with Wheeler waiting in the wings. A better stop-gap pitcher would be Jeremy Hefner because he makes the minimum and can be demoted out of the rotation for when Wheeler is ready.

There is still a few weeks before ST starts, so who said the Mets won't get a reliever or two?

vCash
    Yeah most relievers are coming on minor league deals at this point as most teams have their 40 man roster already set.

They aren't giving up one of those spots for a Todd Coffey or Joey Devine unless they get a good look at him in ST and feel he is worth giving a roster spot.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-23-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast