Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Why is he a minus? no speed on bases and no pop for a start. Ask anyone if they think Tejada is a good lead off hitter.
    Yeah, he's definitely a #8 hitter. That's why they brought in Cowgill, he's definitely going to be leading off against LHP. Baxter will probably lead-off vs. RHP.

vCash
    I think Kirk would bat leadoff vs RHP just because he has some more speed than Baxter and since he's hit leadoff last year. I'm not sure if Baxter has.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    So, correct me if I'm wrong. We've got Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Lucas Duda, Jordany Valdespin, Mike Baxter and Colin Cowgill as our outfielders......

With all due respect to the above players, this OF group might be the weakest we've ever fielded......

Shame on you SA for fielding/assembling an AAAA outfield.
    It's Bumper Car Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I think Kirk would bat leadoff vs RHP just because he has some more speed than Baxter and since he's hit leadoff last year. I'm not sure if Baxter has.
    Baxter is faster than Nieuwenhuis. He also gets on base more.

vCash
    Is there any point in the off-season where a player who declined the QO could sign with a new team and not have them give up a non-protected pick or does that only happen once the season actually begins?

Bourne is still out there and I wouldn't be surprised if no team is willing to give up their 1st rounder to sign him.

vCash
    Why are we sacrificing spots?

Hart? really? His splits are really bad, like Upton's. Hill will be 32 by the time he tals the field as a Met.

KN is no way good enough defensiveley to hit .220. Nowhere near, especially when we have Tejada who is an offensive minus.
    LOL at you continuing to point out bad splits. Nearly every player hits better at home. Deal with it. It doesn't mean that player will not be good in he leaves his current team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Baxter is faster than Nieuwenhuis. He also gets on base more.
    I honestly said that off of what I believe, but is there a way to measure who is truly faster right now? Is there a site that has measurements like home to first, dash times, etc...? I've never though of Baxter as a player with anything but an average set of wheels.

vCash
    On this I agree with you.

I don't really want anyone on my team who hits under .250. That's only 1 hit every 4 AB'S, less than that ugh...
    If Jason Bay was able to get one hit every four AB's he'd still be on the Mets. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    So, correct me if I'm wrong. We've got Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Lucas Duda, Jordany Valdespin, Mike Baxter and Colin Cowgill as our outfielders......

With all due respect to the above players, this OF group might be the weakest we've ever fielded......

Mucus Duda, Meredith Baxter and Colin Cowgirl, where flyballs go to die. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

Paulie, <" weakest we've ever fielded ", how about ," weakest any team has ever fielded" ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I honestly said that off of what I believe, but is there a way to measure who is truly faster right now? Is there a site that has measurements like home to first, dash times, etc...? I've never though of Baxter as a player with anything but an average set of wheels.
    Speed score on fangraphs is a tool you could use. Baxter was at 5.5 and Nieuwenhuis was at 4.0

Just from my visual perspective, Baxter is a faster player than Nieuwenhuis. Only reason Kirk plays CF is because he gets very good reads on the ball while Baxter doesn't do that as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah he is still pre arbitration eligible till 2015 and not a FA till 2018.
    Thanks, I am actually still hoping he breaks through one day... Oh well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    LOL at you continuing to point out bad splits. Nearly every player hits better at home. Deal with it. It doesn't mean that player will not be good in he leaves his current team.
    Not to the extent Hart and Upton do, and Citi is nothing like their homer friendly parks.

I'm pointing out splits because they are very relevant and will continue to do so. We have all seen power bats come to die in Queens. Deal with it.

vCash
    Not to the extent Hart and Upton do, and Citi is nothing like their homer friendly parks.

I'm pointing out splits because they are very relevant and will continue to do so. We have all seen power bats come to die in Queens. Deal with it.
    Citi is a neutral ballpark now for homers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Citi is a neutral ballpark now for homers.

Still not homer friendly. It matters not, as neither will be playing for the Mets anyway.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast