Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is It Acceptable for Adults to Ask for Autographs?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Autographs are for all fans no matter the age

69 82.14%
  • No, Autographs are for kids/teens/non-adults

15 17.86%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    not past the age of 13.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I got Kurt Warners autograph the day before his first start in the NFL. I was sitting next to him at a UNI Panther game. Had him sign his picture in the program.

My mother threw the program away saying that I don't need to keep it...Ooooh how upset that makes me now
    Haha yeah at least mine had good intentions lol, makin ya throw away an autograph for no reason is just a dick move

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    not past the age of 13.
    If you saw a kid walk up to a player and ask for an autograph, and the player looked down and said, "you look 14 boy get outta here" and walked away, would you laugh, or think the player was out of line.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    If you saw a kid walk up to a player and ask for an autograph, and the player looked down and said, "you look 14 boy get outta here" and walked away, would you laugh, or think the player was out of line.
    Kids should be ID'ed by the athlete before getting things signed.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    the real answer to this thread is , as long as the athlete aint pullin a cam newton any person any age should be able to ask for an autograph, maybe there isnt a single answer for this cuz i know some 12 year olds that have 10 times the maturity of some 30 year olds. But like most are saying let the kids take precedent but if you find yourself at the same place at the same time, your a big fan, and ya dont gotta step on a ten year old to get it, go for it. On the same token if your doing it purely for profit , say ya hate tom brady but know ya can get 500 dollars for an autographed piece of memrobilia thats pretty dirty in my opinion.

vCash
    when I was a kid I liked autographs...but now I don't really care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    After all the autograph threads in the Giants forum you say this? You mean to tell me you only buy Giants players autographs? I won't misquote you but I'm pretty sure you were all about lining up for autographs from the WS teams for the past two years now. This sounds awfully condescending and hypocritical.
    Condescending and hypocritical? I don't know how you got that at all. I wasn't looking down on people with what I said. I'm not hiding the fact that I've been outside the stadium after a game or have waited at the dugout to see if they'd sign. I even admitted that earlier in this thread. But that's not bothering them if they go out of their way to stop and sign in a designated area. In the post you responded to I'm talking about if I see players out in public on their own time. It's not like I'm stalking these players trying to find their favorite spot and hang out there with my items. I get most of my autographs at autograph signings anyway.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 01-15-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    Haha yeah at least mine had good intentions lol, makin ya throw away an autograph for no reason is just a dick move
    She didn't know I had the autograph. She just threw it away. My dad actually wanted to show it to his co-workers and me and him were looking for it, and my mom just goes "Oh, I through that program away. Why's it so important?"

First time and last time I swore at my mom
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I'd rather take a picture, autographs are starting to outgrow me.

vCash
    What's more interesting is this growing phenomenon of PSD posters voting on weather someone has the "right" to ask for an autograph, leave early from a game, etc. To be blunt, who the f&ck are you to dictate any terms? If asking for a sig makes someone happy, they should do it. If you want to leave in the third inning after showing up with two outs in the 2nd-do it. There is nothing worse than you fan dictators who try and set rules for the rest of us.
    Last edited by AllKohn; 01-15-2013 at 05:21 PM.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Condescending and hypocritical? I don't know how you got that at all. I wasn't looking down on people with what I said. I'm not hiding the fact that I've been outside the stadium after a game or have waited at the dugout to see if they'd sign. I even admitted that earlier in this thread. But that's not bothering them if they go out of their way to stop and sign in a designated area. In the post you responded to I'm talking about if I see players out in public on their own time. It's not like I'm stalking these players trying to find their favorite spot and hang out there with my items. I get most of my autographs at autograph signings anyway.
    I see what your saying. You are discussing the way to go about getting one, I thought you were looking down on sigs in general, which I thought was odd after you so got all excited about getting a WS ball and more.

There is always a wrong way to do things, but if I had the chance to get someone's sig that I didn't have and I felt I might not get another chance, I would ask. The worst they can say is no. I don't even do it for me as much as I do it for them. No one sees my sigs at home, but I want them to feel true appreciation, so I would at least want to shake their hand and look in their eyes and let them feel the emotions flowing of a fan who's life was changed by them, in one moment or another.

An old lady once stopped me in my military uniform years ago and thanked me for my service, It wasn't much, but I knew she was being genuine, and it brought tears to my eyes, and changed me forever. I only wish others could feel firsthand when they know they have changed the lives of others as well. It's an indescribable sensation, and if I was an athlete that saw in someones eyes how much I mean to them, I would crumble.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I will be getting autographs till the day I die. No issues

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456