Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I actually didn't mind the Campaign and the Watch. I mean, what are you guys expecting when you see those movies, just like Ted? They are going to be terrible, just look for the comedy. When Farrell says something along the lines of, "Is anyone going to ask me how my hand is after punching the iron jaw of that baby?", how is that not funny?
    That's like saying "We all knew Chernobyl Diaries was going to be terrible. But look for the spooky scenes!". A terrible movie is a terrible movie. And I think that Ted, The Watch, and The Campaign were honestly three of the most unfunny comedies I've seen. The genre is becoming a ****ing nightmare.

And as for that line. It's completely predictable and just forced and unfunny. Ferrell really isn't that good. John C. Reilly made him absolutely cringe-worthy in Step Brothers. Ferrell looked so terrible next to someone who's actually funny. Don't get me wrong. I love Anchorman. I love Old School. I love Semi-Pro. I love Elf. But, man. Everything he does is so forced. He's a completely different actor now than ten years ago. And the genre is a completely different genre. It's all about fart jokes, dick jokes, saying "****" as many times as possible, and showing as many boobs/sexual referencing scenes as possible.

vCash
    The dictator may have been the worst piece of **** I've ever seen. I almost walked out.

vCash
    That was bad, too.

vCash
    Top 5:

Looper
    Moonrise Kingdom
    Skyfall
    Django Unchained
    Argo

I'll have to think about the bottom 5...not sure if I saw enough movies to list 5 of them.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    welp. here we go. the moment you've all been waiting for....

1. django unchained
    2. silver linings playbook
    3. argo
    4. amour
    5. rust and bone

worst:

1. ted
    2. the watch
    3. abe lincoln: vampire hunter
    4. snow white and the huntsman
    5. project x/the campaign
    Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter really pissed me off. Nothing like the book. Could've made a decent film if they just followed the book.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Ok after yesterday I'm removing That's My Boy and replacing with Cloud Atlas.....holy crap
    I enjoyed it. I heard bad things going in, so maybe it softened me to it, but I loved the message/idea of it as a whole.

Dude, this movie was awful. The moment I finished it, I was pissed off I rented it for a dollar.
    Lol. You know a movie sucks when you want your redbox money back. I've been there too. And add to the fact that you have to waste your time returning the damn thing!

vCash
    1) Django unchained
    2) Moonrise Kingdom
    3) Cabin in the Woods
    4) Looper
    5) Lincoln

1) TDKR
    2) The Avengers (was that this year?)
    3) Amazing Spider Man
    4) American Reunion
    5) Ted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I enjoyed it. I heard bad things going in, so maybe it softened me to it, but I loved the message/idea of it as a whole.
    Yeah, I think I'd prefer it in book form, so I may read it.

vCash
    Dude, this movie was awful. The moment I finished it, I was pissed off I rented it for a dollar.
    My housemates and I also redboxed it. We also felt robbed at the end.

I actually didn't mind the Campaign and the Watch. I mean, what are you guys expecting when you see those movies, just like Ted? They are going to be terrible, just look for the comedy. When Farrell says something along the lines of, "Is anyone going to ask me how my hand is after punching the iron jaw of that baby?", how is that not funny?
    I didn't think the Campaign was terrible necessarily. It was pretty much what I expected. Like I said, I haven't seen many bad movies this year. I really am picky these days. My attention span sucks and I don't even try to watch movies that I think I might not like. It wasn't terrible...and it did get decent reviews. I don't think people should be ashamed to say they enjoyed it. There were some funny moments, even as unoriginal and familiar as they felt. There were some moments where I genuinely felt some touching moments, and while the political commentary was both obvious and basic, it did enhance the experience.

It's far from trash, it's just I probably only saw 30 or so movies this year...and it was one of the ones I liked least. It was better than the other 4 I listed.

vCash
    revised top-5:

1. django
    2. moonrise kingdom
    3. the hobbit
    4. beasts of the southern wild
    5. hitchcock

bumped from previous top-5: silver lining's playbook and zero dark thirty

those last were really, really ****ing good. anthony hopkins killed it as hitch and that little girl may not win, but certainly deserves the oscar for an incredible and moving performance.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Hmmm....I'm gonna have to check out Hitchcock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    revised top-5:

1. django
    2. moonrise kingdom
    3. the hobbit
    4. beasts of the southern wild
    5. hitchcock

bumped from previous top-5: silver lining's playbook and zero dark thirty

those last were really, really ****ing good. anthony hopkins killed it as hitch and that little girl may not win, but certainly deserves the oscar for an incredible and moving performance.
    I'm only gonna tune in for Quvenzhané Wallis. I really hope she wins. She was amazing...and I love, love, loved that movie.

vCash
    The Hobbit is so good. I've watched it about five times now. Might move up to my list. So incredible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    The Hobbit is so good. I've watched it about five times now. Might move up to my list. So incredible.
    twas glorious
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I can't believe Cabin in the Woods is on so many peoples top 5. I thought that movie was absolutely terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I can't believe Cabin in the Woods is on so many peoples top 5. I thought that movie was absolutely terrible.
    Me too. I should have put it in my bottom 5. I'm not big into the horror genre to "get it", but I thought it wasn't one bit scary, I thought it was far too ridiculous, and overall it was just a terrible experience.

But it seems most of the world loved it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast