Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

How good is Aaron Rodgers?

Somebody in the main NFL forum posted a link that showed quarterbacks in 4th quarter comeback opportunities and Aaron Rodgers is dead last in the league. His record in 4th quarter comebacks is 3-18 and the 3 wins were against teams with a losing record. Just to put it in perspective Tim Tebow had 6 last season alone....

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ive-qbs/16571/

vCash
    He had one against the Giants last year i thought?

Anyways Comebacks are a team thing not just a QB thing. How good is Aaron Rodgers? He is the only QB i want playing for the Pack and that is all i care about
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    It's a iffy stat mostly because the Packers and Rodgers have rarely headed into the 4th trailing. Also many of the loses the packers have had big gaps because of defensive collapses. The important stat is wins and few have done what Rodgers has recently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    It's a iffy stat mostly because the Packers and Rodgers have rarely headed into the 4th trailing. Also many of the loses the packers have had big gaps because of defensive collapses. The important stat is wins and few have done what Rodgers has recently.
    That stat takes that into account and only counts the games where they have possession and trail by 8 points or less in the 4th quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    He had one against the Giants last year i thought?

Anyways Comebacks are a team thing not just a QB thing. How good is Aaron Rodgers? He is the only QB i want playing for the Pack and that is all i care about
    EXACTLY! Stupid post. What do you want the Packers to do. Cut Aaron and draft Geno Smith? Or maybe just sign Alex Smith. Or trade for Vick. Aaron's the man. He's won a Super Bowl. Only 7 qb's in the league right now have won Super Bowls and we have one of them. I'm happy.

vCash
    Yes it does take that into account, but what it doesn't take into account is when Rodgers leads us into game tying FG range and Crosby misses. That happened for the tie once this year, and it happened for the win or tie a couple times earlier in his career. We've had this discussion many times. A good portion of those losses came in his first two seasons. And there was a time against Carolina, where he got us into FG range to take the lead, then someone blew a coverage late and Steve Smith got like a 60 yard catch that parlayed into a victory for Carolina. if you give him Tebow's defense, that can hold the lead after they take it late and an accurate kicker his whole career, that record could easily be much better.

So while that stat takes into account close games, it doesn't always tell the whole story. Another example would be if a team is down one point, and the defense forces a punt that the returner takes almost to the house. If the qb hands to ball off 3 times then the team kicks a GB, its a win for the qb. That stat isn't the most telling stat out there in my opinion.

vCash
    And just for the record I'm not trying to stir up crap or trolling just posing a question. I think Aaron Rodgers is a really good quarterback but seeing that stat just really hit me between the eyes.

You just look at 4th quarter comeback opportunities

Tom Brady 24-21
    Eli Manning 21-22
    Matt Ryan 11-11
    Ben Roethlisberger 20-24
    Aaron Rodgers 3-18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yes it does take that into account, but what it doesn't take into account is when Rodgers leads us into game tying FG range and Crosby misses. That happened for the tie once this year, and it happened for the win or tie a couple times earlier in his career. We've had this discussion many times. A good portion of those losses came in his first two seasons. And there was a time against Carolina, where he got us into FG range to take the lead, then someone blew a coverage late and Steve Smith got like a 60 yard catch that parlayed into a victory for Carolina. if you give him Tebow's defense, that can hold the lead after they take it late and an accurate kicker his whole career, that record could easily be much better.

So while that stat takes into account close games, it doesn't always tell the whole story. Another example would be if a team is down one point, and the defense forces a punt that the returner takes almost to the house. If the qb hands to ball off 3 times then the team kicks a GB, its a win for the qb. That stat isn't the most telling stat out there in my opinion.
    Even when you factor in missed field goals and the defense losing leads his numbers are still worst among starting quarterbacks. Only 7 of those games fall under either of those categories. The rest of the games they neither scored or got into field goal range.

Besides that same logic holds true for every quarterback on the list so every quarterback on the list would be better. Its not like they were only holding that against Aaron Rodgers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rckdude1 View Post
    EXACTLY! Stupid post. What do you want the Packers to do. Cut Aaron and draft Geno Smith? Or maybe just sign Alex Smith. Or trade for Vick. Aaron's the man. He's won a Super Bowl. Only 7 qb's in the league right now have won Super Bowls and we have one of them. I'm happy.
    I guess we should get Tebow since he has more 4th quarter comebacks than Rodgers does
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Even when you factor in missed field goals and the defense losing leads his numbers are still worst among starting quarterbacks. Only 7 of those games fall under either of those categories. The rest of the games they neither scored or got into field goal range.

Besides that same logic holds true for every quarterback on the list so every quarterback on the list would be better. Its not like they were only holding that against Aaron Rodgers.
    I haven't watched the other qbs, so I can't with any certainty determine that those qbs have had as many losses as Rodgers that weren't 100% his fault. And take those 7 games and flip them and you have 10-11, which really is basically right in line with the other qbs.

Also, I really don't care about 4th quarter comebacks to be honest. Show me the career record and the record in the last 3 years from those qbs. Because that's really what matters. No one cares if you win by 100 comfortably or have to come back and win in the 4th quarter. All that matters is winning the football game, which Rodgers has done at a relatively high rate throughout his career, especially the last few seasons.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 01-14-2013 at 12:28 AM.

vCash
    How good is he? Go from team to team and ask if you'd rather have Rodgers than their current QB.
    If 31/31 dont say yes...they are delusional or lying.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    How good is he? Go from team to team and ask if you'd rather have Rodgers than their current QB.
    If 31/31 dont say yes...they are delusional or lying.
    Unless Tom Brady is your quarterback, then I can see why youd say no... i think they're 1a and 1b.

vCash
    Yeah he might be the exception. So at least 30/31.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Play calling.

vCash
    That doesn't take into account that Rodgers would bring the team back then the defense would just let the other team go down and score and Aaron wouldn't have enough time to score again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast